Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kenny "The Snake" Stabler in Death Valley ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Kenny "The Snake" Stabler in Death Valley ...

May 8, 2018, 9:04 PM

Dang Bama and those trick plays ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76gRF9419ro

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kenny "The Snake" Stabler in Death Valley ...

May 8, 2018, 9:15 PM

I saw every play of that game from the south stands. Somewhere in my vast boxes of Tiger memorabilia I have a big slide selection of the Tigers and Stabler! That was so long ago. I was only in my mid twenties!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forrest that's awesome! I always liked Stabler

May 9, 2018, 4:07 AM

though I thought he was one strange looking character to be a qb. I liked the Raiders so that's why I was a fan I suppose but I don't remember anything about the 60's as I was just a baby in the tail end of the decade.
The Raiders were rich with talent like Stabler, Caspar, Branch, upshaw and the receiver that was so incredible but I can't recall his name now. It was an odd last name.
My favorite team has always been the Cowboys but my third fave was the Raiders right after the Falcons. I loved sports growing up so much.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe you might be

May 9, 2018, 7:02 AM

thinking of Fred Biletnikoff.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe you might be

May 9, 2018, 7:53 AM

It was Dennis Homan. His laid out catches made Stabler look better than he was.

I was in 7th grade and got to cut classes with a friend to

May 9, 2018, 7:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Kenny "The Snake" Stabler in Death Valley ... ]

go to Death Valley and watch them warm up on Friday. They got off of the bus in navy suits with a red BAMA monogrammed on the pocket, changed into grey sweats and came out on the field. Watching their "Alabama Quickness Drill" with Stabler leading it is something I still remember today. Good Times!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Before the paw. I like those block "C" retro helmets.***

May 8, 2018, 9:15 PM

Re: Before the paw. I like those block "C" retro helmets.***

May 8, 2018, 11:16 PM

That was back in the day of the single bar face masks .

May 8, 2018, 9:16 PM

I was at that game.not one of my favorite memories.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 8, 2018, 9:20 PM

wasn't there a "controversial" call toward the end of the game?i just remember jimmy Addison jumping up and down because of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Hard to believe this was barely 50 years ago

May 8, 2018, 9:34 PM

and yet both schools were still so contaminated with racism that it would be another 4 years before they allowed black students to join the football team. We've sure come a long way since then.

Re: Hard to believe this was barely 50 years ago

May 8, 2018, 9:41 PM

Whatever coot get over yourself

Got that right, and good point my friend.

May 9, 2018, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Hard to believe this was barely 50 years ago ]

We're All Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Yeah, I was there***

May 8, 2018, 9:34 PM

#metoo***

May 8, 2018, 9:54 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

May 8, 2018, 10:21 PM

Definitely "the good ole days"

May 8, 2018, 10:27 PM

Thank goodness for the Tiger Paw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was there too & remember our lines played theirs more than even..

May 8, 2018, 11:10 PM

the big difference as you can see from film was Snake to Receiver Holman.

Boy, didn’t Bear have a deep base voice!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forest , Hoo, and Bill. The fact you guys are talking about

May 8, 2018, 11:19 PM

A 1967 game is .....unbelievable. I’m 42 and struggle on some 80’s and 90’s. My grandpa’s have been gone for a while but you dudes might get the honorary title.

Of Tnet grandpa***

May 8, 2018, 11:20 PM

Re: Was there too & remember our lines played theirs more than even..

May 9, 2018, 6:25 AM [ in reply to Was there too & remember our lines played theirs more than even.. ]

Can you just imagine Alabama in the Valley today?

Re: Was there too & remember our lines played theirs more than even..

May 9, 2018, 6:44 AM [ in reply to Was there too & remember our lines played theirs more than even.. ]

We had Harry O, Wayne Mass and a few other excellent o linemen. Our o line was the equal of any in the country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2018, 11:20 PM

I was there that day with my brother. That pass Homan stretched out for was right in front of us, and it won the game. If Clemson had a field goal kicker they would have won. I had Bryant's autograph on the program, but someone stole it while I was cheering. It's funny how much I liked Alabama, I was also there when they came back again some years later, but now I hate their guts.

Re: Kenny "The Snake" Stabler in Death Valley ...***

May 9, 2018, 12:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 9, 2018, 3:16 AM

Brings back memories, I was at that game and still have the game ticket. Football sure has changed a lot.

My Freshman year...

May 9, 2018, 6:14 AM

Dennis Holman's incredible catch might have "won" the game, but Clemson's FG kicker (Steedly Candler) missing 3 FGs from inside the 30 definitely "lost" it. He was one of our last "straight-on" kickers... I think it was in 1971 or 1972 that Eddie Siegler became our first "side-winder" as we called them back then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stabler's stats weren't very good that day

May 9, 2018, 6:38 AM

We were the better team that day, but those halfback passes and our missed field goals were the difference. The ones we missed weren't very long, either.

Wow, that was more than a decade

May 9, 2018, 10:20 AM

before I was born. You buncha old farts!

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Wow, that was more than a decade

May 9, 2018, 10:28 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

My first trip

May 9, 2018, 10:33 AM

To Clemson...had moved from Bama in '66...big Tide fan. Yuge!

I had been to Namath's Senior Bowl, but this was my first true college game. I yelled my lungs out for Bama...I had never heard of Clemson.

Six years later, I began yelling my lungs and heart out for Clemson. My blood began transitioning to orange, and I've never looked back. I'm a Tiger 'til I die! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic