Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kendall Joseph on White House visit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Kendall Joseph on White House visit

Jan 31, 2019, 7:20 AM

Good article.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article225275320.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kendall Joseph on White House visit

Jan 31, 2019, 7:29 AM

I am not surprised. The media already put words in Trevor’s mouth that were not true. Can you imagine him saying "President Trump got all our favorite foods. It was the best meal we ever had. Then we go and see the coastal elite media trashing it for not being organic vegan. We’re football players, not bloggers. This was a perfect blue-collar party.” Coastal elite? Really?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2019, 7:57 AM

I talked with a player's mother the day following the WH visit, and she told me that her son was glowing about what a wonderful experience it was for him and his teammates. That is all that needs to be said. If the players enjoyed the visit, the food served and the media's biased opinions have no importance.

Jan 31, 2019, 11:13 AM

+1 By my reckoning 3 people gave this post a TD. I am curious as to why you disagree so much as to give it a TD. So please enlighten me. Or are you too cowardly to own up to it.? I have only given a couple of TDs, but have posted why.

Jan 31, 2019, 8:04 AM

Good article, not sure how widely it will be deciminated. Another thing I haven't heard mentioned is that a lot of the players didn't even get to go home for Christmas because of practice and game schedules. They must have been just plain exhausted.

Jan 31, 2019, 8:06 AM

So of the 45 players who chose not to attend this visit, based on my math 32 went last time. Only 13 freshmen or true sophs chose not to go this time. I can understand why some guys who went 2 years ago would not be breaking down doors to go back again (especially those who are prepping for the NFL draft).

^^Great math post.***

Jan 31, 2019, 8:09 AM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Maff checks out ... -:)***

Jan 31, 2019, 11:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Yeah, no major media will pick this up and run with it

Jan 31, 2019, 8:14 AM

It doesn't fit their narrative and agenda.

It's very sad. Any "news" site can report anything they want, and most have a political agenda - a very specific and distinct one. Then, people believe without question anything labeled as "news" even if it's someone's Twitter or some guy's blog.

I took a Journalism class when I was at Clemson (sat next to Brentson Buckner - nice guy). Do they still teach journalism anymore?

Jan 31, 2019, 11:44 AM

I am so glad he said what he did. This whole issue is such a non-story. Important details like the quick turnaround after the game and the fact that many of the no shows had already been were conveniently left out. The original article did not appear to seek the truth.

Thanks, Kendall, for being a level-headed, mature voice of reason. These players continue to impress when faced with the mud of politics and agendas (on both despicable sides). I hope the country is watching and listening.

Your attitude is a fine example of...

Jan 31, 2019, 11:51 AM

how to stay above the trashy political talk. It's not popular among the loud mouths on either side of the political spectrum but imo, it represents how most of us feel. I'm glad I'm not the only loud mouth to voice it.

+1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah, somebody TDed KJ's comments.

Jan 31, 2019, 11:48 AM

I'm telling you this, when your politics precedes your love of truth you have a moral issue. If your politics precedes your love of Clemson you're a coot.

KJ has it right. Nothing political about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic