Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly Bryant and Trevor Lawrence.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Kelly Bryant and Trevor Lawrence.

Dec 16, 2017, 11:58 AM

I know this year isn’t over yet but it’s fun to talk about the future. I see know way Kelly Bryant a early pick for heisman trophy doesn’t start. However If Trevor Lawrence is as good as advertised. There’s no way he doesn’t play now I know people don’t like two Qb systems. But next year might have to be the year we play 2 Qbs and if it helps us wins games that’s all that matters go tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly Bryant and Trevor Lawrence.

Dec 16, 2017, 12:02 PM

You're leaving out Hunter Johnson, this kid is very talented as well. It's going to be a 3-headed battle next year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2017, 12:29 PM

He will transfer after TL takes over.

Dec 16, 2017, 12:02 PM

How many QBs do we have Bryant, cooper, Johnson, Bruce and Lawrence. I think I’m missing one or two. Most all of these QBs were highly ranked coming out of HS. Aren’t most of them at least a high 3 or better. I think we will lose some because the possibility of them playing is slim. Brice is a redshirt freshman, right. I don’t see him staying. Admittedly I know very little about Brice but it was a big deal when he signed

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

I'd say Cooper is almost a lock to transfer

Dec 16, 2017, 12:14 PM

Which will make things a little easier as far as the depth chart goes. I think Kelly will come out as the starter next year with Trevor Lawrence seeing maybe 10-20 snaps a game and the coaching staff will see how it goes from there. I'm 100% positive that Lawrence plays though. Unlike HJ who has the tools but was a little raw coming out of high school, Lawrence is as polished a passer you're gonna get from the high school level. I'd say he's even better as a passer than DW was coming out of high school and it's probably not even all that close.

Whatever...

Dec 16, 2017, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant and Trevor Lawrence. ]

Happy times for CU Football 4 years or more!

Oh, letting DaBO & QB Guru Staff (and young men trying out for QB) decide what's best, but all will be shown the utmost respect & always be a TiGER....
4-Ever!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody wins the starting job and starts until...

Dec 16, 2017, 12:18 PM

someone beats them out of it. There's no two QB system happening at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kelly Bryant will start and whoever is 2nd team will

Dec 16, 2017, 12:24 PM

Play about has much as the reserves did this year. You will not find a coach anywhere that would start a freshman over a proven senior winning QB. Bryant has already proven that Clemson can win with him as the starting QB, the coaches don’t care who throws the prettiest deep ball.

A Friend Who....

Dec 16, 2017, 12:32 PM

watched Deshaun through-out his high school career told me before he got on the Clemson campus that Deshaun was a once in a lifetime talent . He's been watching Trevor and says that as a passer he's better than Deshaun is even now.

I guess we have a rich line of QB's which was the case most years. We'll see what the future bring but i know it'll be bright .

your friend knows football

Dec 16, 2017, 12:47 PM

I trust him

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talent-wise, TL is better than at least 15 NFL QBs right now

Dec 16, 2017, 1:47 PM [ in reply to A Friend Who.... ]

, according to Trent Dilfer (said the same about Justin Fields). Said he couldn't handle the amount of in-game decision making required at this point, but he would show out on an NFL practice field.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Kelly Bryant will start and whoever is 2nd team will

Dec 16, 2017, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Kelly Bryant will start and whoever is 2nd team will ]

Hunter Johnson, did not look good against the U.I know he has a fan club but what has he done really. I'll just put my qb that took me to the playoffs on the bench.

Re: Kelly Bryant will start and whoever is 2nd team will

Dec 16, 2017, 12:49 PM

He also didn’t have the first string in protecting him, nor was he throwing to the first string. Think that is a very unfair comparison. I was doubtful like everyone on this board about Kelly before the season started and he earned the starting QB role.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Agreed - it’s an idiotic comparison

Dec 16, 2017, 1:17 PM

And it shows how utterly clueless a lot of these people really are. The only way for US to really evaluate Johnson would be to start him... with the 1’s, against real competition. The coaches evaluate QB's in practice, and they've determined that Bryant gives Clemson the best chance to win. That's good enough for me.

No one who’s being reasonable can say anything other than that Bryant has exceeded expectations this season. However, he has been the beneficiary of some great play by the defense, and a VERY lucky break on an illegal shift call against NCSU in the red zone. Bryant looked shaky in the 4th quarter against a mediocre FSU, fumbling at the worst possible time. If not for a bonehead pass by the nole’s QB, that fumble could have taken us out of contention.

Again, Bryant has exceeded our expectations... but he’s got some hard work to do. Before anointing him as a Heisman front runner for next year, let’s see how he handles the CFP, his biggest challenge BY FAR to date. He will have to play his best ball of the year to beat bama, as will the whole team. Then there’s a national championship to win.

We’ve watched Kelly Bryant grow a lot this season. Now we’re going to find out just how much he’s grown. Because defense alone ain’t gonna get it. He’ll have to lead the offense against top competition. No more coots or bullshyatt ghetto chains on the schedule.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agreed - it’s an idiotic comparison

Dec 16, 2017, 2:01 PM

LOL

"Ghetto chains" ....

There's a reason why there's a certain reputation (that I'm not gonna get in to) amongst Clemson fans.. You and the rest of Pickens county prove it everyday... #BeMad #ImJustTellingTheTruth

I hope he is brilliant in his last 2 games and NFL asks him

Dec 16, 2017, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant will start and whoever is 2nd team will ]

to enter draft?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope he is brilliant in his last 2 games and NFL asks him

Dec 16, 2017, 1:25 PM

Hahaha. Good lord man he’s not going to the nfl next year. Period. Even if he passed for 2000 yards and 20 tds in the next 2 games. He’s not going to be drafted. He’s not even on the nfl radar.

Plus KB is bound to get dinged up here and there.

Dec 16, 2017, 12:46 PM

TL will get plenty of snaps.

This is the best possible "problem" for Clemson.

Dec 16, 2017, 2:04 PM

Kelly Bryant is the starter. Period. But, TL has said he is not afraid of competition. Who knows where we will be by mid-season 2018.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic