Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly Bryant vs Jalen Hurts ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Kelly Bryant vs Jalen Hurts ?

Aug 3, 2017, 9:18 AM

From a football talent and skills perspective, what has Jalen Hurts got that Kelly Bryant doesn't ?

From and overall team talent and skill perspective, what did Alabama have last year that Clemson doesn't have this year ??

I guess what I'm asking is ... why can't Clemson be just as successful with Kelly Bryant at QB as Alabama was last year with Jalen Hurts ???

What do you say ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly Bryant vs Jalen Hurts ?

Aug 3, 2017, 9:24 AM

They can be just as successful. Kelly just needs to show he can throw which nobody has seen except in practice. If he can get the ball to the playmakers we'll be just fine

Aug 3, 2017, 9:41 AM

I agree. I especially agree that I hope he can throw the ball, because we haven't seen him do it much, if at all. In fact, I don't remembering him completing any passes, but I'm sure there were some. Also, I do understand that he was in most games for mop up duty only, so Dabo doesn't like to run up a score with passes. That said, I did see Kelly score on some great runs and do some great scrambling. I am not scared of having him as our QB, nor am I of any of the others. I think we roll, no matter who takes the snaps. We are just that talented. IMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2017, 9:44 AM

I think he has thrown one td. It was a little fade pass to Thompson or Overton in the end zone

Aug 4, 2017, 9:37 AM

I couldn't remember, but I'm certain he will be just fine. If he isn't, the good news is that we have several more who all are very good and capable. If they weren't, they wouldn't be at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2017, 9:35 AM

Honestly... Clemson doesn't have to be successful with KB under center.

We don't have to weather the struggles that Bama had to lst year because we have HJ and ZC who can both play.

It remains to be seen who will start for Clemson this year but whatever happens Clemson will continue to be successful

Aug 3, 2017, 9:43 AM

Totally agree. This team is not a one man show, and we now have great OL, DL, WR's, DB's and all the rest. We will be just fine, and I believe it will last a long time, too.

I want to be more successful than Alabama last year

Aug 3, 2017, 9:46 AM

I want to win it all again. I don't want to just get to the championship game, I WANT TO WIN IT.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2017, 9:50 AM

Hurts won the team over as a freshman battling a 5 star rfr and two top 100 jrs. He went on to win sec offensive poy. All four of the above should be starting D1 qbs this year(Bama, Arizona state, Nevada and Utah).

Hurts is an ultra athletic coaches son who possesses some of the same intangibles that contributed to Watson's success.

If KB can keep calm and take care of he ball then he'll have an opportunity to have a big year. Not course the WRs and running game have to do their part.

Aug 3, 2017, 11:16 AM

Exactly. If we get the same production out of KB this year as the amount of production from Hurrts last year, it's gonna be a big year. Hurts was the SEC player of the year. He struggled at the end of the year passing, but was a very solid qb for most of the year. People crack me up on this site, they think DW was the only good qb in the country.

Bama had an All Time scoring Defense

Aug 3, 2017, 10:00 AM

You don't have to expect much from your Offense/QB when your defense is scoring TD's. That's the huge difference in Bama last year and us this year..... We will be just as dominant, but can our defense put points on the board?

Aug 3, 2017, 10:11 AM

Alabama has a power run game and we don't. That makes a huge difference. Our system is much more reliant on the QB making good reads

^^^ More than anything else, this might be the answer . ^^^

Aug 3, 2017, 11:07 AM

Kelly Bryant could be every bit as talented as Jalen Hurts (or more so) and he could still fail to thrive in our offensive system.

The OB competition at Clemson is going to be tremendously interesting this fall.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's easy. We know how good Hurts is/was

Aug 3, 2017, 10:18 AM

and he was pretty good. We don't know how good Kelly Bryant is or will be as the starter.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Bryant has to play against ACC defenses

Aug 3, 2017, 10:19 AM

so he's at an obvious disadvantage.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson plays teams with better offenses than Bama did

Aug 3, 2017, 11:20 AM

only thing I can figure that could be different

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

KB=Hurts=Braxton Williams

Aug 3, 2017, 12:14 PM

We can go along way with KB. Hit the open man and don't turn it over

Re: KB=Hurts=Braxton Williams

Aug 3, 2017, 12:24 PM

Kelly needs to be a pretty good passer. His legs will do the rest. Of course, good reads and smart decisions will be important.

clemson can be just as successful with KB........

Aug 3, 2017, 1:12 PM

but none of the fans/media/etc.. have seen him consistently throw the ball......the coaches have seen him in practices, but even they haven't seen him throw (consistently) in a game.

If KB can just be an adequate passer we'll be in very good shape.

IMO our QB (take your pick) will be able to throw at a tajh boyd level.......or WORST case (hopefully not) a step above cole stoudt level, and we still won 10 games with both.

Re: clemson can be just as successful with KB........

Aug 3, 2017, 1:19 PM

There's a video of all his passes last year in this link: https://twitter.com/seldomusedrsrv/status/892694602381131776

Yeah, not much to see there.

Aug 3, 2017, 1:29 PM

About half of those throws were screens, and everything else was to the sideline except the one ball over the middle to the TE that got popped. The longest throw was barely more than 10 yards.

Obviously the coaches see him a lot, but there's really nothing that a random fan has access to that can provide any solid insight on Bryant's throwing ability.

Bama can run the ball effectively even when they are

Aug 3, 2017, 1:20 PM

struggling in the passing game. They also had an all-time great defense last year. Scoring 21 on that D in the 4th quarter to win the natty was an amazing feat.

You could say that about 20 QBs in the country.

Aug 3, 2017, 1:35 PM

Kelly has great potential. Doing it in front of millions watching on tells the tale.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic