Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly Bryant should still be our starter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

Kelly Bryant should still be our starter

Sep 26, 2018, 2:26 AM

I don’t know how much anyone on this site actually knows about football but if you had paid enough attention in the GT game you would have noticed that out offensive play-calling overwhelmingly favored Trevor as our QB. When KB was on field we primarily called east to west passing plays and QB run options. We didn’t once allow kelly to take a chance downfield or across the middle all the play calls were dump downs or garbage run-plays. As soon as Trevor came in play-calling changed a ton, we called much more direct runs up the middle with ETN and much better passing play calls that allowed our extremely good receiving core to make plays. Trevor is good and will be good goin forward but I don’t feel that KB was given a fair shot or had as much trust from our Coaching staff as he should’ve the man lost one game last year to a team that was just better than us and they would’ve been better than us whether Trevor or deshaun or whoever was back there we couldn’t block there D-line and it had nothing to do with KB. All I want ppl to understand is if the man wants to leave he shouldn’t be shunned bc if he’s smart and watches film he knows that he was screwed by our awful OC duo that needs to be replaced with a real play caller

Message was edited by: clempride22

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly Bryant should still be our started

Sep 26, 2018, 2:30 AM

Thanks KB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

clempride22 looking in on TNet for 6 years

Sep 26, 2018, 2:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly Bryant should still be our starter

Sep 26, 2018, 3:38 AM

Ummm, because you know more and have more football knowledge than Dabo does.... ummm, yeah.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Sep 26, 2018, 4:32 AM

This is a joke right? Or a pathetic attempt at a trolling job? The play calls in the passing game are the same it’s just the different opportunities that each QB takes. You’re right about one thing...you don’t know how much anyone on this site knows about football and have proved that your own knowledge of it is very limited. Kelly was given every opportunity to keep his job & was beaten out by a better player. It happens everyday. It’s football & the nature of the game. When the same thing happens in real life at a job it’s the same type of reality.

Sep 26, 2018, 6:32 AM

To the OP’s credit the play calls are absolutely different between the two QBs. Now he goes on to contradict himself asking about football knowledge when clearly his is limited.

It’s almost like our Broyles OC who is also at practice everyday knows our QBs strengths and weaknesses and tailors plays to the strengths. For the OPs benefit, that’s east and west throws with a lot of QB runs for KB and north and south for TLaw. I’ll ask the OP with his infinite football knowledge which offense looked more productive to him last Saturday?

Don’t get me wrong I think KB is the unquestioned leader of the offense and along with CW42 the entire team. Him leaving would hurt us and I hope he stays for another ring that he deserves. It’s just TLaw gives us a better shot at winning.

Sep 26, 2018, 6:44 AM

I don’t see play calls much different for either QB. KB holds the ball after 1 read where TL goes through progressions. KB takes the shorter throws where TL gets the ball out on time as the pass routes are designed. TL’s release & arm strength make a difference in the way it all looks. Plus defenses can’t just stack the box against TL because of the threat of the vertical pass so the run game is more open. I realize plays look different but there’s a reason for that.

Sep 26, 2018, 6:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant should still be our starter ]

And as far as KB being a leader I agree with you wholeheartedly. All the more reason he should be an example & not a distraction through this.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant should still be our starter ]

Who or what is OP? Just askin' ...

Sep 26, 2018, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant should still be our starter ]

I agree with the play calling assessment! I’ve said it myself and I played ball under Danny Ford at Clemson! KB is a starter anywhere else! All u dumb ##### that wanna debate this and call people names from your armchair can come debate me! The play callin sucked when Kelly was in! Anybody that didn’t see that knows nothin about football and is an absolute hypocrite

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 5:31 AM

Sep 26, 2018, 5:32 AM

Fly on home now little bird

Sep 26, 2018, 5:44 AM

Go on back to Cooterville

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fly on home now little bird

Sep 26, 2018, 7:12 AM

New adjectives, the 6th grade any opinion not my own is a Coot is getting super old!

Sep 26, 2018, 5:48 AM

You really need to wake up and watch the game film that everybody else watched. That is not an entitled position and there are no participation awards. He needs to get back on the field and earn the position back. The rest of the team has to work very hard to keep their position. He is no different.

Sep 26, 2018, 6:01 AM

Totally agree

You guys really came out the woodwork for this

Sep 26, 2018, 5:56 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You guys really came out the woodwork for this

Sep 26, 2018, 8:16 AM

^^^THIS^^^

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Tell 'em coot

Sep 26, 2018, 6:23 AM

Sad life.

Re: Tell 'em coot

Sep 26, 2018, 7:14 AM

New cut down besides Coot please. My 3rd grade nephew loves he Coot one but he’s a 3rd grader.

Re: Tell 'em coot

Sep 26, 2018, 7:19 AM

^ On a mission to end coot-shaming ^

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 26, 2018, 7:07 AM

Gosh ya know....it’s almost as if the coaches trust Trevor to throw the ball more. The reason we can’t open things up with Kelly is because one bad pass of 15 yards or more from him and the whole drive is stalled

Sep 26, 2018, 7:09 AM

Why respond to a post by a f’ing obvious coot troll as if she were a legit poster?

Sep 6, 2016, 9:44 AM

We have no idea what Kelly’s options are in each call. He has built in several options based on what he sees in almost every call. I’m not a kiss the shiny rings on every decision guy but Dabo has been very transparent every week on this and last week there was separation. Pretty simple. If Kelly leaves because of one week getting beat that would be pretty sad as a competitor.

Sep 26, 2018, 7:31 AM

It was obviously a conspiracy with the coaching staff and TNET commenters to make TL the starter.

Sep 26, 2018, 8:08 AM

I’ll say this. The play calling was MUCH different BUT it’s because of kb’s inabilities so it wasn’t a conspiracy or anything like that.

Sep 26, 2018, 7:36 AM

The reason the play calling is different is because Kelly Bryant is incapable of throwing down field at the same level as Trevor Lawrence.

Sep 26, 2018, 8:03 AM

Don’t make to much since

I'll tell you how much I know about football.......

Sep 26, 2018, 7:53 AM

Helluva lot more than you do.

No just no.

Sep 26, 2018, 7:56 AM

You are right the play calling was different. That’s because they were calling the best plays to use each QBs strengths. That’s like why would you call 10 QB runs with Trevor. You don’t do that because his accuracy and speed on throws lets him fit the ball into tighter window and Trevor pushes the ball down field. Kelly has his strengths and Trevor has his. There are way too many weapons on offense to not spread the ball around and throw the ball deep. I do like Kelly and hope he sticks around but I will respect his decision for whatever he chooses to do. Right now Trevor can make this offense dominate while Kelly did enough to help the team win. Let me pose this question to you. Which do you think Alabama fears most. A QB that runs the most of the time and throws the ball short or a QB that throws the ball all over the field, will run if he has to, and can roll to his left or right and still throw the ball accurately?

Re: No just no.

Sep 26, 2018, 8:04 AM

It is simpler than that. The QB has options on just about every play, and the selection and execution of those options has been the differentiator.

Passing to your first read or taking off is a hard habit to break. So is keeping the ball when you have capable RBs.

Play calling has nothing to do with the results or the decision.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Sep 26, 2018, 8:00 AM

Next.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 8:03 AM

Your post shows why Dabo runs the show and you are just a bitter bystander with nothing better to do than attempt to put down coaches that have WON A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Sep 26, 2018, 8:05 AM

Oh my. LOL - Is it Friday already? I thought you had to wait until Friday to post funnies.

Sep 26, 2018, 8:06 AM

Well I do know football and I know I have been more frustrated over the last year with all of the 3 and outs that we’ve had an offense. It’s been refreshing to have a vertical passing game again. If the play calling is different, is it possible that the coaches pay attention in practice & identify each players weaknesses & strengths...is that just a possibility?

Sep 26, 2018, 8:06 AM

Well I do know football and I know I have been more frustrated over the last year with all of the 3 and outs that we’ve had an offense. It’s been refreshing to have a vertical passing game again. If the play calling is different, is it possible that the coaches pay attention in practice & identify each players weaknesses & strengths...is that just a possibility?

Did you even pay attention to the Russel Athletic Bowl?***

Sep 26, 2018, 8:09 AM

i smell the stench of rank coot .....

Sep 26, 2018, 8:09 AM

stinking up the tiger board, Kentucky and Clemson gonna high five the coots this year , must be hard for the coots …...even funnier is that all three of our QBs are better than their number one ...lol

Sep 26, 2018, 8:13 AM

Turn on your debt. Hit the pause when GT is on defense. Count the number of players within 8 yrs of the line. With KB IN its 8. With TL is 6 or less. News flash Einstein that's why TEN can run with TL in the game. No respect for KB's vertical passing threat. A 50/50 jump ball cannot be your only downfield throw. Head out of the sand before you suffocate!!

Sep 26, 2018, 8:13 AM

Turn on your debt. Hit the pause when GT is on defense. Count the number of players within 8 yrs of the line. With KB IN its 8. With TL is 6 or less. News flash Einstein that's why TEN can run with TL in the game. No respect for KB's vertical passing threat. A 50/50 jump ball cannot be your only downfield throw. Head out of the sand before you suffocate!!

Sep 26, 2018, 8:23 AM

^^^Ahh, someone who does know football. Trying to reason with ignorance is almost impossible! Apparently people don’t listen to the OC’s which say continually, “We take what the defense gives us.” Logically, if the defense loads the box on one guy & not the other, should we not see some adjustments in play calling. Only someone ignorant of football would expect to see the same play calling with different defensive looks.

Get off tnet and get to practice KB!***

Sep 26, 2018, 8:24 AM

I think they key point here is

Sep 26, 2018, 8:26 AM

Despite winning 5 in a row, the coots have only won 7 of their last 21 meetings with Clemson.

63-17
56-7
45-0

Re: I think they key point here is

Sep 26, 2018, 8:30 AM

^^^Good point

You sir , are an idiot. Or, a coot. In the Georgia Southern

Sep 26, 2018, 8:37 AM

game, Kelly had Rogers running down the right sideline, WIDE OPEN, and he held the ball until it was too late.(The same route that Trevor threw a TD pass on to Ross. In the Georgia Southern game,We were on the 22 yard like going towards the Hill, and what I would have called back in my day, a Pro Set Left. Tee outside with the TE in the slot. The TE ran a short curl holding the linebacker and Tee ran a post over the top. Tee got inside position and again, KELLY LOOKED AT HIM AND NEVER pulled the trigger. Took another sack. This is the same route(except Tee was isolated to the left side this time) Tee ran on the last TD where Lawrence threw a TD pass on the last drive,except this time we were on the 30 yard line.

If you knew football, you would have seen this.Or maybe you were at the South Carolina game since we played at the same time the week of the Georgia Southern game. Oh wait, no you were probably out helping women and children cross the flooded rivers in the low country, doing your civic duty while us Clemson fans showed disdain for everyone else in the state by using up all the hotel rooms.

Yes, it was all an elaborate setup to justify replacing

Sep 26, 2018, 8:49 AM

Kelly Bryant with Trevor Lawrence. The coaches sabotaged several drives and put the game (and entire season) in jeopardy just to make it more palatable for everyone to accept the change at QB.

Give me a break.

Sep 26, 2018, 8:54 AM

I smell chicken. I hope for your sake you're better at life than trolling.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 26, 2018, 8:55 AM

I'm sure the OP was one of the ones saying things like "trust the process" or "Do you think you know more than our coaching staff" the whole time Kelly was the starter. Now that he isn't, you are questioning the coaching staff?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 9:07 AM

It’s cool that KB is a poster here on Tigernet! ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't write the English language much, do you?

Sep 26, 2018, 9:45 AM

Plus, your post seems very cootish.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Sep 26, 2018, 9:59 AM

Bryant quit...your turn to do the same.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:59 AM

Bryant quit...your turn to do the same.

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic