Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly Bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Kelly Bryant

Jan 27, 2019, 8:20 AM

Just finished watching the Texas A&M game.

Man, Kelly was lights out, and made some big throws (2 to Tee, and 1 to Hunter) and runs. I dont know if we win that game without him.

I wonder if Kelly also got a ring

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly Bryant

Jan 27, 2019, 8:23 AM

Kelly does not deserve a ring. He quit before the rings were earned.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jan 27, 2019, 8:28 AM

I highly doubt anyone would have chose to be on the sideline missing valuable time to impress scouts. To think this way is very selfish.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2019, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant ]

He still helped us win an important game.

Jan 27, 2019, 8:26 AM

I don’t see why he wouldn’t... I mean he was a part of winning games bc he did start for awhile. I don’t see an issue with him receiving a ring for his contribution. He was a part of the team for multiple games. Just bc a better talent had to be started and he had to do something to show his skills to NFL is not his fault. NFL wouldn’t even glance at him had he stayed and held a clip board. Don’t blame the kid. Got to do what you’ve got to do to succeed.

You do understand that he wasn’t allowed to practice

Jan 27, 2019, 8:35 AM

or perform in front of these teams? The teams he visited to not put him through drills as you might expect with an NFL free agent.

The fact is KB would have had more valuable practice time and game time had he stayed with his brothers. On top of that if the NFL is his ambition, he most certainly would have had the opportunity for scouts that attend our practices and games see him. Not to mention he lost months of the ability to train and workout at a world class facility.

Fact is Kelly quit.

Re: You do understand that he wasn’t allowed to practice

Jan 27, 2019, 8:38 AM

What good is practice if you can’t showcase it on the field!? Makes no sense.

Jan 27, 2019, 8:40 AM

Bc he was not going to surpass Trevor.

No scout would fault anyone for not beating out TL

Jan 27, 2019, 9:10 AM

there is not a QB in college that could beat him out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

your argument was that he should not stand on

Jan 27, 2019, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Re: You do understand that he wasn’t allowed to practice ]

the sideline so that NFL scouts could see him. My point was that Kelly missed out on months of training and practice with top athletes that are NFL caliber. He would have had the opportunity to be seen by scouts at our facilities. He also would have been able to keep his skills sharp with the practices.

Instead he left campus, probably worked out at Planet Fitness and unless an NFL scout showed up in his backyard, he wasn’t seen by anyone.

He quit on Clemson.

Jan 27, 2019, 8:56 AM [ in reply to You do understand that he wasn’t allowed to practice ]

Absolutely no way he gets a ring. Dabo even said he offered KB his word that he would not play him if he wanted to stay on the team and be a part of it. Fact is KB quit the team walking away from the chance to get his ring with his brothers.

Where I work, you have to be employed 1-January-2019

Jan 27, 2019, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant ]

to receive the bonus for 2018. If I leave 1-December-2018, no bonus. The fact that he left 1/3 of the way in says no bonus. Even if the situation was debatable, with the way he left (parting shots), sorry bud, no ring!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2019, 8:31 AM

We would have lost the Syracuse game with KB playing! No NC!

Jan 27, 2019, 8:35 AM

The bottom line is he won games for Clemson during a national championship year. Everyone’s salty over him leaving. Would you have stayed to hold a clipboard and not play in front of NFL scouts and threw a career away you wanted? Come on now..... that’s like saying “I’m mad bc you want throw away what you want bc of what I want”. It’s rediculous.

Jan 27, 2019, 8:37 AM

*wont

Jan 27, 2019, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant ]

Yeah I hate it when things are rediculous!!

For that reason I think he does. I don’t think we win that game without him.

Jan 27, 2019, 8:31 AM

And he took some of the pressure off trevor for the first few games to develop. I think he deserves a ring.

Re: For that reason I think he does. I don’t think we win that game without him.

Jan 27, 2019, 8:42 AM

I'm ... ok with that....lovingit

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 27, 2019, 8:39 AM

Why would KB want a ring for this one? You really think he would probably wear/display it for a team he wasn't even on for most of the season? I suspect that he no longer feels like a contributing member of the team. He got a few for the previous years he was on the team, and is now looking forward to trying to get a SEC East one this upcoming year. The only reason I could see for him wanting one would be to see how much he could get for it on Ebay or at Gold & Silver Pawn!

Jan 27, 2019, 8:45 AM

I personally know Kelly, he’s not that type of kid. Very good humble kid. He paid his dues, helped Trevor in any way he could and before there was a salty situation that the media could have blown up he bowed out. I hope he has a really good year at Mizzou. You guys know he will be playing against Hunter I believe in the first game of the season. Will be fun to watch.

Jan 27, 2019, 9:10 AM

I don't know Bryant personally, but from all indications I agree what you say is true. I have no ill-will for him and also look forward to seeing him play next year when I have the chance. I just doubt that he really desires to have a ring for this season. My sophomore year of high school I decided to quit playing a few games into the season. There were a few reasons for this, but I suspect I wouldn't have made that decision if I was a starter on the team. That team did go on to win the state championship that year. I continued to cheer that team on as much as anyone, but I certainly did not expect to share in any of the "rewards" of winning state that year.

Jan 27, 2019, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant ]

I personally know him as well. From the same town as him. The only thing humble about him is his upbringing. While he may be humble off the field. He was not a humble football player. He knew he was a star and was as high maintenance as they come.

Don't let your personal views of him blind you from what he did to this football team. He bailed plain and simple. He could have redshirted the rest of the year and be in the same position he is now except he would have a ring.

He took shots at the staff on his way out of Clemson. That in itself should keep him from getting a ring. I've watched and supported him since his peewee football days but IMHO he doesn't deserve a ring for this championship.

Jan 27, 2019, 9:46 AM

He could have redshirted the rest of the year and be in the same position he is now except he would have a ring.

Really? Can you imagine how that would have played out in the Syracuse game when Trevor went down, or if Trevor got hurt in any other game? The minute Bryant stepped on the field, that redshirt option would have been lost. Can you imagine the fanbase reaction to him saying he wasn't going to play and help us win games?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2019, 10:53 AM

While what you're saying could be true. If he sticks with the redshirt and Chase Brice comes in and does what he did, I'm pretty sure the majority of the fan base would think that Brice passing KB on the depth chart would've been inevitable.

Jan 27, 2019, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant ]

Missouri does NOT play Northwestern next year. If they did I suspect NW would win pretty easily but that is a discussion for another day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^this***

Jan 27, 2019, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant ]

For the last time.. Kelly did not win that game for us..

Jan 27, 2019, 8:53 AM

it was a team effort.. Kelly certainly did NOT set the world on fire. the offense stalled out. it was the DEFENSE holding on that won us the game.. Kelly will not be getting a ring. He WILL however beat the Coots next year. :)

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Ring , No , Ring

Jan 27, 2019, 9:00 AM

Have you ever worked a job where you get a Christmas Bonus ???

Say you QUIT in August , Did they call you up and say come by and get your Bonus ????

NO play , No practice , NO school , No ring .

Facts: TL was a bit shaky @ Ta&m and KB2 balled to assure win!

Jan 27, 2019, 9:03 AM [ in reply to For the last time.. Kelly did not win that game for us.. ]

Saying..both qb’s did their part for close win (as did D) in a hostile environment of 110,000 screaming fans.

Does he deserve NC ring; Up to Coach.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly Bryant was holding Trevor's place in line.

Jan 27, 2019, 9:03 AM

I appreciate that. He held it throughout the 2017 season too. If he deserved a ring he's have earned it that year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ring or no ring ...., ....

Jan 27, 2019, 9:03 AM

we had to overcome a lot of adversity that game and this season ... splitting time between two qbs, then losing one, and the press controversy over the entire subject just about drained our team , and could have destroyed a lesser team's season, but our coach would not let it happen, coach showed outstanding leadership..and every available player at every position chipped in when the chips were down , as did players , including kelly when he was a member of our team, and then chase brice at syracuse .. I dont know if the rules permit him to receive bowl gifts and recognition when he wasnt a member of the team at the time, ...whatever Dabo wants to give him within the rules is up to Coach , and i dont know that any clemson fan is going to have strong feelings at this point one way or the other , .... should Deebo Samuel be given a bowl game souvenir since he was on the sideline for that a$$kicking and in his game jersey ? But refused to play because he did not want to take a chance on hurting his draft status ? Now that is a good question .. how do you feel about that one ?
Waiting on your thoughts, thanks ......

Message was edited by: Lennon-McCartney®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2019, 9:06 AM

The Bryant situation was a difficult one, that played out pretty much as it had to with one exception; Bryant throwing the coaches/school under the bus on the way out.

Dabo had to make the change, everyone could see that.
Bryant wasn't going to be happy, everyone knew that was going to happen.
Bryant taking advantage of the new transfer rules, while a bit surprising not a huge shocker.
Bryant saying in public he, 'didn't feel he was given a fair shot'... THERE'S the sticking point.

Kelly was disappointed, he's young etc. etc... I get all of that. But he burned some bridges there. Not because he left, but because of the WAY he left. In the end, that was likely the best thing for the team because if they kept flip flopping does Trevor develop the way he did? Who knows what happens if it is Kelly who comes in and saves us vs. Cuse.

It wouldn't surprise me if Kelly gets offered one, that's just the kind of guy Dabo is (and it costs him nothing to offer it). But facts are facts... you leave the team of your own volition, I don't think you have any expectation of reaping the rewards.

Jan 27, 2019, 9:09 AM

Quit your job tomorrow morning and see if you get a Christmas bonus at the end of the year!

Jan 27, 2019, 9:15 AM

Please, please, please let it go! Move on!

Jan 27, 2019, 9:56 AM

He left the team. No ring imo. The season starts in January, so Kelly contributed most of the year for the team. He provided leadership in the QB room that most certainly helped Trevor and Chase. However he wasn’t there throughout.

He gets to reboot his college career at Missouri. Wish him well, and will root for him to make it onto an NFL roster.

Jan 27, 2019, 10:15 AM

IMO, if KB had swallowed his pride, accepted Dabo's decision for what was best for the team, and took Dabo up on his offer to continue practicing and helping the team win without playing in a 5th game to preserve his redshirt option if that's what he wanted, then he would definitely deserve a ring.

A ring is a reward for putting in the work for a great season. Texting Dabo at the start of practice during the 5th week to say he was done and walking away from his teammates, to me says he had no more interest in helping this team win and how could anyone in their right mind think he earned a ring. He can buy a Chinese replica on ebay for $20 if he really wants one.

Kelly Bryant's brothers on our team

Jan 27, 2019, 3:01 PM

should decide, not internet board posters.....

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Jan 27, 2019, 3:03 PM

You can't be serious

Jan 27, 2019, 3:07 PM

I hope he got one. We may not have been in that game title game without him.

Jan 27, 2019, 3:07 PM

I would lose a lot of respect for him if he accepted a ring! I don't think he would.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic