Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly Bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

Kelly Bryant

Dec 9, 2017, 11:59 AM

For everyone that was on this site earlier this year calling for Hunter Johnson to replace him at QB, a few facts.

2017 ACC Champions
11-1 record
Ranked #1 in the most important CFP Poll
Balanced offensive that has as many rushing yards as passing yards
Beat 5 ranked teams this year and three of them were on the road
The only game we lost was due to the injury to Kelly's ankle
Rated as the leader for the Heisman Trophy in 2018.

Some people need to man up on here and admit you were WRONG about him.
We have the best coaching staff in the US right now and they do a great job of evaluating talent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree, however if NFL rates him so high, what is going to

Dec 9, 2017, 12:10 PM

keep him out of draft this year? Afterall, he is redshirt Jr. By the way, Zerrick looked better than HJ, the last two times out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And lots of kudos to Streeter, the qb coach***

Dec 9, 2017, 12:10 PM

Nope... Kudos to Ramon Robinson (KB's QB trainer).***

Dec 11, 2017, 1:38 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Ramon

Dec 11, 2017, 1:50 PM

Glad to see you on Tnet

Re: Agree, however if NFL rates him so high, what is going to

Dec 9, 2017, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Agree, however if NFL rates him so high, what is going to ]

He’s a true jr, he didn’t redshirt.

Dec 9, 2017, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Agree, however if NFL rates him so high, what is going to ]

The NFL doesn't rate him that high. You don't have to be an NFL QB to be a top college QB.

NFL.com picked him for Heisman next year!***

Dec 9, 2017, 6:52 PM

Re: NFL.com picked him for Heisman next year!***

Dec 11, 2017, 12:41 PM

The Heisman award has nothing to do the NFL

NFL.com picked him for Heisman next year!***Look it up!***

Dec 11, 2017, 2:21 PM

Re: NFL.com picked him for Heisman next year!***Look it up!***

Dec 11, 2017, 2:36 PM

So y U get an answer to your post, to only repost the exact same thing you originally posted?

He could do the same and still be the one who is correct. The heisman has nothing to do with the nfl. Look that up.

I just did....

Dec 11, 2017, 2:59 PM

A higher percentage of Heisman winners were taken in the draft than non Heisman winners.

In summary, winning the Heisman results in increased odds of being drafted in the NFL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

This logic is logical.***

Dec 11, 2017, 3:00 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NFL.com released its list of 2018 Heisman candidates...

Dec 11, 2017, 2:38 PM [ in reply to NFL.com picked him for Heisman next year!*** ]

NFL.com released its list of 2018 Heisman candidates and the Clemson signal-caller was ranked No. 1 on the list.

"Bryant has done an outstanding job taking the reins of Clemson's offense from Deshaun Watson," NFL.com said. "He's played his best ball down the stretch, scoring 7 TDs (1 rushing) and throwing only 1 INT in the last three games. The team's only loss of the year showed the importance of Bryant to their success, as Clemson fell to Syracuse when Bryant wasn't 100 percent and exited the game after the first half due to injury. He's improving as a passer and has the ability to move the ball on the ground, making the Tigers one of the top picks to return to the playoff in 2018."

Re: NFL.com released its list of 2018 Heisman candidates...

Dec 11, 2017, 2:41 PM

You have to be trolling at this point. If you don’t know the difference between a preseason list for a college award and the #1 draft pick then I can’t help you.

Dec 9, 2017, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Agree, however if NFL rates him so high, what is going to ]

Where are you seeing the nfl rating him high?

Heisman pick next year by NFL.com***

Dec 9, 2017, 6:53 PM

Re: Heisman pick next year by NFL.com***

Dec 9, 2017, 7:09 PM

Ok. That has absolutely nothing to do with an nfl evaluation.

Well, why did they list him as #1 pick then? Must have taken

Dec 11, 2017, 2:20 PM

some evaluation?

Re: Well, why did they list him as #1 pick then? Must have taken

Dec 11, 2017, 2:34 PM

Haha. Where in the world do you see him listed as a #1 pick next year?

You do realize him being a preseason favorite for a college award (by a media outlet that has nothing to do with the actual NFL) has nothing to do with the nfl draft, right?

NFL.com released its list of 2018 Heisman candidates

Dec 11, 2017, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Heisman pick next year by NFL.com*** ]

Look at their evaluation above:

"Bryant has done an outstanding job taking the reins of Clem

Dec 11, 2017, 2:40 PM

"Bryant has done an outstanding job taking the reins of Clemson's offense from Deshaun Watson," NFL.com said. "He's played his best ball down the stretch, scoring 7 TDs (1 rushing) and throwing only 1 INT in the last three games. The team's only loss of the year showed the importance of Bryant to their success, as Clemson fell to Syracuse when Bryant wasn't 100 percent and exited the game after the first half due to injury. He's improving as a passer and has the ability to move the ball on the ground, making the Tigers one of the top picks to return to the playoff in 2018."

Re: "Bryant has done an outstanding job taking the reins of Clem

Dec 11, 2017, 2:47 PM

Ok great. Now show me where in that paragraph where he’s evaluated as an nfl prospect. Show me where he’s said to be a top prospect.

Kelly Bryant isn’t even considering leaving for the nfl this year, and rightfully so, as he would not be drafted. I’m not understanding how you are not seeing this. He will be lucky to be drafted and make a team next year. He’s certainly not better than tajh Boyd, and he was barely drafted after his senior year and don’t make a team.

Dec 9, 2017, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Agree, however if NFL rates him so high, what is going to ]

Based on what ? Zerick has 6 yards passing the last two games , Hunter has had nine

Re: Kelly Bryant

Dec 9, 2017, 12:20 PM

He’s 12 and 1 as a starter.

team sport***

Dec 9, 2017, 12:30 PM

Dec 9, 2017, 12:34 PM

I was wrong about KB. I said that we wouldn’t see many big plays in the passing game, and that’s been somewhat true all season. He has been what I thought he would be in the passing game. I thought that he would be a little better in the running game. I thought that he would be closer to Lamar Jackson’s running ability, instead, he’s closer to DW4’s. But, in his defense, the QB run game hasn’t been as important as it was at the beginning of the season.

I was right about CJ Fuller though. I said before the season that he isn’t good enough to be the starter, and now he’s our 4th option at RB.

Dec 9, 2017, 12:51 PM

KB still has his limitations. Until the last 3 weeks we didn't have any deep passing game. KB is better than he was vs Auburn but their DL did limit us severely.

He's been great and we're blessed to be #1 but don't act all high and mighty like you KNOW he's better that HJ or ZC would be right now if they had started this season, you don't. I expected to win 10 games in the regular season with KB starting and that inflated to 1 after FSU fell apart, we're right on schedule.

(thumbs up)***

Dec 9, 2017, 7:06 PM

That was meant to be a TD

Dec 11, 2017, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant ]

It was an accident on my part, kind of like your post.

He's been good - certainly better than most expected.

Dec 9, 2017, 12:57 PM

He's NOT going to win the Heisman next year though. I can pretty much guarantee you that.

Re: He's been good - certainly better than most expected.

Dec 9, 2017, 2:04 PM

Why would he not? Number 1

Number 2. You hope he wins it, right.

Of course i want him to win the Heisman.***

Dec 9, 2017, 2:45 PM

Sure. As long as you “man up” and admit you were wrong.

Dec 9, 2017, 1:24 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=22716774

I can also prove you wrong on the Nick Saban quote. Go to 9:30 on the following video
https://youtu.be/czWGh51P6Bo

Look forward to hearing from you.

Message was edited by: owensb01®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2017, 7:03 PM

While Bryant did have a good season, but nothing...nothing suggests Johnson wouldn't
had topped those numbers and had us 13-0. Doesn't mean he would had grant it, but
from what we did see, it only points to a great possibility that the offense would
had been even better with HJ.

I am pretty sure once the coaches were convienced they could win with Bryant, and
the defense was going hold people in check. There was no need to consider anyone else
at QB. And they didn't.

My only question...
what if...what if this defense wasn't so good this year, and we had to many alot of our
games in a shoot-out; Could we? I would be curious to know.

And to point to all those achievements you stated, Bryant didn't do that alone-nope.
Pretty sure there are 99 other players on the team- and most of those contributed to that.

if a frog had wings he'd be my uncle***

Dec 9, 2017, 7:08 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2017, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant ]

Concerning your second paragraph, I’m pretty sure the coaches just didn’t come to a conclusion out of thin air that they could win with Bryant. He won the job during months and months in practice. Performing better than HJ. They didn’t just hand the job over to KB. He beat everyone else out.

As far as you questioning what would have happened if our defense wasn’t as good, we would have lost 3 or 4 games. Our defense carried the team the year. Nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is. This offense isn’t capabale of winning shootouts week after week. There were many games this year the offense did just enough to get by, while the defense dominated. Hey, anyway we can win em and make the playoffs will work for me.

Dec 11, 2017, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant ]

At the same time nothing suggests Johnson would have exceeded those numbers.

That's also doesn't take into account that Johnson would almost certainly not have the rushing numbers that KB does.

I think the coaches know what they are doing, as evident by making a third straight playoffs in a "re-building year" as the 1 seed.

For those that said we were only good because of DW4, they have been proven wrong.

Nothing suggests Johnson would have gone 13-0...

Dec 12, 2017, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant ]

He's not a threat to run the ball which handicaps a triple option offense. Go back and watch clips of Johnson from this year. When he's running read option, opposting defenses pay him no attention, they just collapse on the runner. With KB in there, they have to respect the option of KB keeping it and making a play with his legs.

Johnson has also looked abysmal in his last two appearances. Who's to say that we wouldn't have gotten that version of Johnson if he had started this year?

The bottom line is this... KB is the answer at QB for this team, so we ride with him.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2017, 7:41 PM

I have always been high on KB. He is a freak athlete that has been in the system for longer than any of the other qbs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2017, 7:49 PM

He's proven , and rarely makes mistakes .

Dec 9, 2017, 8:26 PM

I've been generally supportive of KB2, but there were some games AFTER SYR, where he didn't look very sharp, and the lack of a deep ball shot was very concerning. At that time, I wanted to see more of HJ to see what he was capable of. Almost simultaneously, we have seen KB improve at deep balls and passes over the middle, while at the same time HJ looked very inexperienced missing receivers and taking sacks. So, it's very clear that KB is the guy to run the offense for the rest of this season, just hope he doesn't get hurt!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2017, 10:11 PM

HJ wasn’t playing with the starter either. Would it have made a difference? We will never know. KB is the man this year so far and we are ridin* him.

If we would have prepared with the two backups for the Syracuse game, we might have beat them also. No way to tell for sure, but a great season by the Tigers so far, so let’s go finish with two wins.

Re: Kelly Bryant ~this~Why Kelly is #1...***

Dec 11, 2017, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant ]

Dec 11, 2017, 1:44 PM

What if KB rests up and improves as much as Cole Stoudt did in the weeks leading up to the bowl game? Then Good Gawd, y'all!

LIKE: What if he improves as much a Stoudt did before bowl?

Dec 11, 2017, 2:27 PM

YES! With Streeter's coaching, it is very possible.

I was wrong

Dec 11, 2017, 2:36 PM

Bryant has been surprisingly good.

Those were probably the same morons that didn't want

Dec 11, 2017, 2:44 PM

Dabo hired.

I always am in favor of putting our Johnson in

Dec 12, 2017, 2:08 PM

and no amount of stats will change that.

hth

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic