Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly Bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 3,229

Kelly Bryant

Nov 12, 2017, 8:53 PM

I have noticed a split among tnetters concerning Kelly Bryant. There are those who say to stop complaining,and that we were spoiled given we got used to having Deshaun, who was a once in a generation QB. Others believe that Hunter Johnson should be given a shot to open up the pass game. Then you have the folks that just look at the results, we are div. champs,control our own destiny to make it to the playoffs and everyone should stop whining.

Winning is great, but I want to see this team play up to it's potential. As we watched Kelly Bryant through the first few games of the season, I think we are all pleasantly surprised, but we also felt like he would continue to improve throughout the season as he got more reps/experience and confidence.
In the last 2 games he has regressed and has played his worst games of the season. I don't want to hear anyone throwing out stats from Saturday that he was 20-30 ( 66%) completion rate. He had several short throws to help pad his stats. He missed several open players, continued to throw high, and was hesitant to pull the trigger on a play down the field with an open receiver where there was no safety help, and he got sacked.

I trust in the coaches, and I believe that Kelly Bryant give us the best chance to win at this stage in the season. Hopefully it's just a matter of Kelly making a few good throws and getting his confidence back. I guess my point is that I don't understand posters getting landblasted for pointing out the obvious. I don't need Kelly to be Deshaun Watson, I just expected to see him mature and get better as the season progressed. If he does, then we will have the most complete dominant team in the country

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly Bryant

Nov 12, 2017, 9:00 PM

When are the coaches going to get him from over-throwing so many passes???? He's not Watson, but he surely is coachible enough to adjust his target.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2017, 9:05 PM

Accuracy just isn't coachable. This is not the coaches fault. Alabama wins with an inaccurate passer, and KB is the best running QB this side of Woody Dantzler. The coaches believe KB gives us the best chance to win, we have to trust that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2017, 9:12 PM

He makes all the throws in practice. The ability is there, it's just a matter of taking that to the game. I would bet alot of Div 1 QB's can look good in practice. It's the difference between an average, good and great QB. It's the mental aspect of the game. We don't need him to be a great passer, just a good one.

Nov 12, 2017, 9:02 PM

He has 2 drops from his WRs that were not short throws.

Nov 12, 2017, 9:07 PM

That's an excellent point. Between Mike Williams and Jordan Leggett, they snagged some difficult throws. We aren't getting the same reception rate currently.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2017, 9:12 PM

This *****

Those two would regularly come up with ' circus catches', get it close and they caught it.

Nov 12, 2017, 9:02 PM

Had*

Nov 12, 2017, 9:03 PM

I think this is a good post but I would make this observation. The coaches need to heed their own words and show that they believe in Kelly Bryant with their play calling once we get the lead. Somebody has to ask why in the Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, and now FSU we could move the ball early with an aggressive game plan and then not be able to score or move the ball at all in the 3rd qtr and second half. It's not just coincidental. The play calling has changed and in fairness to KB they are putting more pressure on him.

Nov 12, 2017, 9:10 PM

Agreed! Play calling is questionable,

Replies: 9
| visibility 3,229
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic