Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly B will be our starter just like Cole Stoudt the year DW4 took over
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Kelly B will be our starter just like Cole Stoudt the year DW4 took over

Mar 27, 2018, 5:36 PM

I don’t think there is any way for TL to separate himself from the competition in practice or even the spring game ... Practices and spring games are low / no stakes compared to playing time ...

Unfortunately, for both KB and TL fans, KB will have to lose a game and/or perform terribly for TL to get his chance ...

I believe TL is the next big thing . We love KB but it would be very big of him to ride the bench ....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly B will be our starter just like Cole Stoudt the year DW4 took over

Mar 27, 2018, 5:41 PM

You mean the year that DW4 missed the bulk of Spring practice due to a broken collarbone and we started the year on the road against a pretty good Georgia team?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you told Dabo yet?***

Mar 27, 2018, 5:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Totally different situation

Mar 27, 2018, 5:54 PM

Cole wasn't a starter coming off a 12-2 playoff run

Either way, the outcome will be the same...

Mar 27, 2018, 5:58 PM

he's right.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'll see. Dabo had a freshman RB last year at 4th

Mar 27, 2018, 7:19 PM

string until the Louisville game. He moved up over two redshirt juniors to second string behind a sophomore.

Re: We'll see. Dabo had a freshman RB last year at 4th

Mar 27, 2018, 7:22 PM

What have you been watching?

You've got to explain that a little better. I don't speak in

Mar 27, 2018, 7:30 PM

riddles.

No worries, I just saw your post below.***

Mar 27, 2018, 7:31 PM

Mar 27, 2018, 7:22 PM [ in reply to We'll see. Dabo had a freshman RB last year at 4th ]

What have you been watching?

Mar 27, 2018, 7:24 PM [ in reply to We'll see. Dabo had a freshman RB last year at 4th ]

Sorry. Didn't mean to say that to you, it was meant for the guy who said KB and Cole Stoudt are the same player

Ok,Ijust got down to this post. No problem.***

Mar 27, 2018, 7:31 PM

Logic and reason aren't welcome here

Mar 27, 2018, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Totally different situation ]

Didn't you know?

Kelly and Cole are the exact same player.

BS Kelly is better than DW as a freshman***

Mar 27, 2018, 7:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Totally different situation

Mar 27, 2018, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Totally different situation ]

Cole also didn't ever play a 2-6 FSU either, FWIW. He was replaced when he played them.

Mar 27, 2018, 7:15 PM

But what about Hunter Johnson? Just gonna skip over him and all the hard work he has put in since he been on campus. There is no way they throw in TL ahead of HJ, think about how that will mess with HJ's head? Chase Brice is a gamer as well.. it's definitely a sticky situation and I'm glad the coaches has to make the decisions lol

I have never liked the "think of all the hard work he has

Mar 28, 2018, 7:03 AM

put in" conversation. Pretty sure all these kids work their tail off trying to get on the field. Superior talent ought to trump "hard work" every time if it gives the team a better chance to win. It's called being outrecruited. Like Dabo said when he finally replaced Stoudt with DW4, it wasn't anything Cole did wrong, it was just a lot of things that Watson did better.

From my perspective, what kept KB as the starter last year was his superior running ability. Now, we are hearing that Lawrence possesses some surprisingly good running skills as well. And, his arm talent is Light years ahead of Bryant. So, it should only be a matter of time and a little experience, he will take over as the starter. If he doesn't, it must mean that Bryant has improved fantastically. Either would be a great problem to have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have never liked the "think of all the hard work he has

Mar 28, 2018, 11:42 AM

76er® said:

put in" conversation. Pretty sure all these kids work their tail off trying to get on the field. Superior talent ought to trump "hard work" every time if it gives the team a better chance to win. It's called being outrecruited. Like Dabo said when he finally replaced Stoudt with DW4, it wasn't anything Cole did wrong, it was just a lot of things that Watson did better.

From my perspective, what kept KB as the starter last year was his superior running ability. Now, we are hearing that Lawrence possesses some surprisingly good running skills as well. And, his arm talent is Light years ahead of Bryant. So, it should only be a matter of time and a little experience, he will take over as the starter. If he doesn't, it must mean that Bryant has improved fantastically. Either would be a great problem to have.

IMO KB started last year based on his ability to manage the offense and win games. Running ability was simply a bonus. While HJ has a higher ceiling as does TL my belief is managing the game, protecting the ball thus giving our D a long field to work with will have the biggest weight in terms of who starts.

Re: I have never liked the "think of all the hard work he has

Mar 28, 2018, 11:44 AM

That worked fine for last year, and will certainly go on to help us win the ACC. However, it's tough to win a national championship with a game manager at QB.

I think KB is above a normal "game manager," but isn't a QB that can win a national championship, at least right now. If he progresses over the off season then sure, but will he be able to is the question.

I'm not stressing over this, not even one tiny bit.

Mar 28, 2018, 11:02 AM

I have no doubt Dabo will start the QB who does the most good for our team. I'm not stressing over anyone not understanding or believing this for doubt, confusion or contentions from the cheap seats won't stop the show.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL doesn't need to start game 1.*****

Mar 28, 2018, 11:07 AM

Mar 28, 2018, 2:41 PM

Well then no natty for us

Mar 28, 2018, 9:02 PM

Some of you would run a program into the ground. You wouldn't be able to hold Muscoot's jock strap when it comes to coaching and decision making. Let Dabo and co. worry about it. Just sit back and enjoy winning...that's all you have to do.

sadly..exepct

Mar 28, 2018, 11:41 PM

more of defense having to win games for us again this year..as the offense sputters under bryants bad qb play

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic