Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
KJ Henry's "activism" comment...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,532

KJ Henry's "activism" comment...

Sep 1, 2020, 9:57 AM

This past weekend while scrolling through either TNET or FB, I saw a photo that shocked me. A photo of 7 or 8 Clemson football players taking a knee.

I quickly realized that one of the players had long since graduated from the program and then it dawned on me that these players were taking a knee in prayer prior to a game.

I wondered if this offended anyone that didn’t share my beliefs. Well, that didn’t matter because it’s what these players believed.

Suddenly the light came on.

Just spot the #### ball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KJ Henry's "activism" comment...

Sep 1, 2020, 11:16 AM

Um....apples and oranges?

I am all for getting the season started. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2020, 11:40 AM

Mr Henry’s commitment speech to Clemson showed me all that I needed to know about this first class young man.

Sep 1, 2020, 11:40 AM

We have a good group of guys on the team. I am going to trust them to do what they think is right. I would expect the same if I were in their position. After talking with my son, who will be moving into Clemson's Gressette Hall in 12 days, I realize that I need to change how I feel about the protesting. I have been complaining about the rioting way too much. I do feel there is racial injustice, but all my complaining about the riots was hiding that fact. It's time to keep my mouth shut instead of sending conflicting messages. I hope the property damage and attacks on people will stop soon, but I expect the protesting to continue.
This new world is an ever moving target. I don't agree with all of the protest methods, but I don't have to complain about them either.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Sep 1, 2020, 3:47 PM

The world belongs to the next generation, and based on what I have seen from them, I think they will be good stewards.

You are right, we have to accept change and the fact that other people have different opinions and we won't change them. When we accept that and thereby move our focus away from our disagreement and towards the person, we may realize we were majoring on the minors and all of that noise doesn't matter much afterall. That has been the case for me. It truly has been an interesting, educational year.

Sep 1, 2020, 11:42 AM

Good for them. Players need to support what they believe in. Just like the Pros. College kids have that right...

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,532
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic