Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
KJ Henry and the DL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

KJ Henry and the DL

Sep 8, 2019, 8:13 AM

Just watching the DL I could see how far we have to grow. We have a long way, but I see the potential. That said, I realized wtaching Henry how far he has to go. Sometimes people like me expect these 5 star lanky guys to just dominate right of way. He will grow into a great one, but like most DE's, it takes time. It will be fun watching them all grow and approve. He has a long way to go. I believe he will get there and be great one day though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KJ Henry and the DL

Sep 8, 2019, 9:07 AM

Yes, but wadr, 5 stars are supposed to be game changers and projected to go in the first round or two. They only grant 25-30 5 stars a year.

I have some thoughts on KJ based upon a few interviews I read. The main one is he admitted that in High School he was just an edge rusher and didn't even do much else. Edge rushers are the rage so all the ratings folks jumped on his bandwagon. I'm NOT not saying he is a bust, just using him as an example of perhaps the ratings folks looking through rose colored glasses for edge rushers, like they do QB's and OT's, or the most critical positions.

Bottom line is that we got spoiled and might not EVER see a better DL "end-to-end" that we had the past two years!

Yea, I said EVER!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 9:10 AM

I think he will be a game changer and a 1st rounder before he leaves. He just has a long way to go. There have been others like him at Clemson.

Sep 8, 2019, 9:14 AM

I tend to agree but am just a little concerned if he has the frame to put on enough weight with power behind it to defend against the run.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 9:22 AM

I definitely think he has the frame to add 30 more lbs. Glad he redshirted. I think he will be a freak by the time he is a rwdshirt jr. He better step it up though and grind because he has some competition on the way.

Sep 8, 2019, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: KJ Henry and the DL ]

It’s possible that we may never see one as good as the last 2 years, but the one we are bringing in next year definitely has the potential. Especially if we land Burch. None of them are under sized, so if they pick up the playbook they could really dominate.

Sep 8, 2019, 9:18 AM

Clelin didn’t start to show out (his redshirt sophomore year) until the last few games of 2016. KJ will likely get better and better with each game.

Sep 8, 2019, 9:22 AM

Exactly what I was thinking. He is just like.many others. Look at Gaines Adams too.

Sep 8, 2019, 9:35 AM

Perfect post to save and review at year end. 5 star lineman take more time. They are fighting off guys 20% older. By November this will be a different group. Not fair to compare last year. That was the best d line in college football history. Let's maintain perspective.

Sep 8, 2019, 9:48 AM

I thik we have perspective. He needs time. Our DL needs to mature and grow like always.

Sep 8, 2019, 9:46 AM

I think Dabo knew KJ might not be an instant game changer but he knew his character and that he was hungry to learn and grow. That's how the renfrows and turners grow and eventually turn into 5* talent. Thanks Dabo for seeing what others don't!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 10:09 AM

Exactly.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic