Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
KB leaving almost feels like a death in the family
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

KB leaving almost feels like a death in the family

Sep 27, 2018, 12:34 PM

to me. Gonna miss him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Important to remember

Sep 27, 2018, 12:40 PM

He isn’t actually dead, or injured (except for his pride)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks

Sep 27, 2018, 12:44 PM

I feel lots better now

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel bad about it too and wish he had chosen to.......

Sep 27, 2018, 12:47 PM

stay on the team and be productive but he made his decision. It's time now to move on.

He had to know that if TL played to his potential that TL would be the stronger QB - this couldn't have been a shock to him if KB was honest with himself.

I think it’s a sad situation all the way around for everyone involved

Sep 27, 2018, 12:49 PM

Re: I think it’s a sad situation all the way around for everyone involved

Sep 27, 2018, 3:13 PM

Are our coaches part of that bad advice? I mean they kept him at about even with all the arm talent we had at the time. The is a able that can win and then there are the blow them away to win qbs. If I was Jeff Scott, as the receiver coach, I want somebody qbing that throws the ball. We are wru for nothing. My running tds should not be close to my passing tds.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2018, 6:18 AM

He has a personal QB coach that seems to be in his ear

Sep 28, 2018, 6:18 AM [ in reply to Re: I think it’s a sad situation all the way around for everyone involved ]

He has a personal QB coach that seems to be in his ear

Re: KB leaving almost feels like a death in the family

Sep 27, 2018, 12:52 PM

doesn't to me, he made a decision, he has to live with it. CLEMSON will be CLEMSON with or without Kelly. He hasn't realized yet that his comments could burn bridges he may have needed one day.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 3:03 PM

I don't feel quite that strongly.....but more like one of my best friends decided to never talk to me again. I have the sads.

I know I am just a fan...and I don't know these young men ....but I still want all the happiness and success in the world for them.

I wouldn't go that far. I liked the kid a lot

Sep 27, 2018, 3:08 PM

and still think he'd help us to win the National Championship. Think he brought experience & different things to the table vs TL.

I really didn't like how he left, as far as his comments, course I'm 2x his age, so I can't judge

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Sep 27, 2018, 3:12 PM

I feel the exact opposite. I am very excited to see this team firing on all cylinders for once. Every week we had to wait out the poor offensive production until TL came in anyway. While I wish Kelly B well and hope he has success wherever he goes I put all the blame on him here, just had to be mature and say he was transferring for more playing time, wish the fans well and everything would have been fine, maybe a little news article about where he will end up and that is it. Instead he tries to throw it back at the coaches, which is crazy talk, and now we get every moron on the TV and radio talking about this.

I have no idea how Dabo could have handled it better yet it is still all anyone can talk about. He talked with him in person, gave him time to make his decision before it was too late for Bryant, and yet still he was not given a fair shot?

Sep 27, 2018, 10:10 PM

It seems more like a divorce to me with one side not wanting it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 10:18 PM

Seems more like a wife that thinks you have held her down from being a movie star by loving and caring for her. But you love her even though you know she will never make it in Hollywood and tried to protect her from that fact. But she leaves anyway. She leaves you and your kids for something she has no chance of ever doing. That’s what it’s like..
GO TIGERS!!!!!

Sep 27, 2018, 10:29 PM

Oooooooootay!

Did things just get weird?

Sep 27, 2018, 10:36 PM

WHY.....Clemson did not desert Kelly.......Kelly deserted Clemson.........it was his choice not ours......So Be It........Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 27, 2018, 11:00 PM

David78® said:

to me. Gonna miss him.

Lmao you can’t be serious. That’s the silliest thing I’ve heard yet assuming your not joking. My god man...lol

I hate it for Clemson....

Sep 27, 2018, 11:07 PM

I've read several articles now from various publications and it just doesn't look good. No matter what the spin is, it looks like there are problems at Clemson. It almost seems the "fairy tale" ended.

I posted this yesterday and I still feel strongly that this decision was taken months ago and it would have been better all around if TL had been named the starter at the beginning of the season. I get all the reasons why he was not but the coaches knew how it would play out. I don't think it necessarily had to change the playing time each player got but it would have given KB longer to adjust or make his future plans...Just my opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate it for Clemson....

Sep 27, 2018, 11:12 PM

https://youtu.be/iPr6mAba85s
Well listen to this and reform your opinion.
GO TIGERS!!!!!

Sep 27, 2018, 11:34 PM

That was interesting....thx for posting.

It makes me wonder if KB was getting bad information about his future with the NFL. These guys seem to think there's no way. But compare that to his situation....he's already graduated. He's going to have to learn a completely new offense and have only 1 - 1 1/2 seasons to play. He must be thinking that will get him to the NFL...?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 11:29 PM [ in reply to I hate it for Clemson.... ]

So you are saying they should have thrown Trevor onto the field when they knew he wasn't ready. I think everyone expected Trevor to be in this position at some point. KB was given plenty of chances to make a statement on the field and he was not able to hold off Trevor. I don't remember having any of these discussions when Cole Stoudt was benched for DeShaun Watson. Please tell me how this is any different?? Freshman displaces a senior. Did no one like Cole enough to start a soap opera like this? No one enjoys seeing other people hurt-especially here at Clemson because everyone is family so I get that. All I see is that no one felt bad for Cole but for KB this wasn't a fair shake from the coaching staff. One stayed and contributed and went out on a high note. One got PO'd, dissed the coaching staff and will be remembered for that more than any great games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 11:37 PM

I made no comment about how he handled the situation. There's been enough said about that. I simply said it would have been easier if this decision had been taken at the beginning of the season. 5 weeks ago. That's all. I think we would still have an incredible back-up QB and this drama would not have happened.

Sep 27, 2018, 11:33 PM

I will not miss him underthrowing receivers by 10 yards. That is for certain

Sep 27, 2018, 11:37 PM

I just don’t get some of the people defending him. If he’s gonna red shirt anyway, how in the world is quitting on your team the right decision.

I don’t have a problem with him wanting to play somewhere else... but don’t be a baby back ##### about it.

Sep 27, 2018, 11:45 PM

Because his ego is hurt. And he has people in his ear who is telling him he has a nfl future. Would not surprise me if he doesn’t even win a job at another school. This staff was so limited in their schemes with his lack of arm talent

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic