Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
player development
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 863

player development

Dec 22, 2012, 10:44 AM

I have to wonder what the progress of some of the players. Players like Sullivan have really made no strides forward. Sapp transferred. Rod hall has made the most improvement but still I am not totally convinced that our sophomores will get that much better and that doesn't bode well for the freshmen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

K. J. McDaniels and Rod Hall have made tremendous strides.

Dec 22, 2012, 11:28 AM

K.J. probably has the most up side of those two, but Rod's improvement had been a big surprise. Plus, Devin Coleman was really coming on at the end of last season, but is redshirting. Having him back next year with 2 years of experience will be big. He's probably going to be a good bit stronger than he was last year.

Adonis Filer and Jordan Roper look like very good players who have better offensive skills. The highest rated recruit, Jaron Blossingame, is redshirting.

We're probably going to see a guy or two leave after this season too, allowing Coach Brownell to bring in another player or two.

With the coaching turnover and the way Purnell left us, it's going to take a while to restock the cupboard with good players and we'll probably see some misses in recruiting as Brownell builds this team. But, I wouldn't equate that to a lack of player development. While you may question his recruiting, player development, to me, is one of Brownell's strengths.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: K. J. McDaniels and Rod Hall have made tremendous strides.

Dec 22, 2012, 11:42 AM

I completely agree

Sullivan has been hurt. Coleman was progressing before

Dec 22, 2012, 11:50 AM

getting hurt. McDaniels and Hall, both improving.

I'm not sure I follow your reasoning.

Sullivan also has a debilitating health condition***

Dec 22, 2012, 12:31 PM

Replies: 4
| visibility 863
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic