Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson ranked in top 15 of every preseason poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Clemson ranked in top 15 of every preseason poll

Jun 26, 2013, 9:46 AM

Clemson ranked in top 15 of every preseason poll

Clemson is one of 10 schools ranked in the top 15 of 11 different major preseason college football publications released so far. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson about to become the one of the 11

Jun 26, 2013, 9:52 AM

that is No.1 at end of the year!!!

Go Tigers!!!

Re: Clemson about to become the one of the 11

Jun 26, 2013, 1:16 PM

I like your enthusiasm, and I think you may be right. We have built and are continuing to build a very solid program from top to bottom with quality depth in the wings. Kudos to the coaches and to the players that have seen what we have and want to be a part of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson ranked in top 15 of every preseason poll

Jun 26, 2013, 10:03 AM

TDP must have been out of his mind for hiring Dabo. Surely some other coach could have had us ranked #1 in all the poles. Cough Cough!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2013, 1:14 PM

Tommy Bowden had us a pre-season #8 in 2008.

I never heard anybody say that Dabo couldn't eventually become a good head coach. The complaint that many of us had was that Clemson shouldn't have to suffer on-the-job training of a coach with no head-coaching or coordinator experience. Remember all the foolish newbie mistakes that Dabo made in his first 2 years of on-the-job-training when Dabo took a team laden with NFL talent to 9-5 & 6-7 seasons (15-12 total)? Do you think that Clemson couldn't have hired a proven, seasoned coach that would have done better than 15-12 in the first two years?

Haven't you ever seen smart ADs hire seasoned head-coaches or coordinators that come in and lead their teams to instant success (like Kevin Sumlin did a Texas A&M last season)?

Jun 26, 2013, 1:22 PM

I know you're right. A lot said he could learn to be a HC, they just didn't want him learning on Clemson time. But it didn't take him very long to learn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2013, 9:25 AM

I don't know if Razz will ever bring himself to be happy that Dabo is our coach. Fact is we wouldn't/couldn't/weren't willing to shell out the bucks it would have taken to get what some on here wish we had gotten. That also would have included the staffs they wanted to bring. Dabo took what he was given, made decisions to get us by, and fixed the problems and made the necessary changes we needed as fast as he could, and it's working pretty good in most people's opinion. This is a very good program at this point, and it's getting even better IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2013, 3:29 PM

Thank You!!!

Jun 27, 2013, 9:37 PM

You are welcome! It's easy to make a positive reply to a post that makes sense and is positive. Also, I will TU a post that is critical when I see a realistic point. Keep the thoughtful posts coming.

Most of the people who felt like...

Jun 27, 2013, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Clemson ranked in top 15 of every preseason poll ]

Dabo underachieved with the talent he had to work with, grossly over estimate our talent level at the time. If you look at the over all rankings of the recruiting classes that we had at the time you will see that we didn't have as much talent as a lot of people seemed to believe. Sure we had a great skill guy here or there, or one good class out of the 4 that made up those teams but we never had 4 classes that ranked in the top 15 on those teams. Dabo's consistent recruiting of top 15 talent, as well as his vision in hiring great coordinators, is what has this program on the upswing.

Re: Most of the people who felt like...

Jun 27, 2013, 9:43 PM

Great post, and the one thing we really lacked, and still are working on getting is a quality OL and DL and some good depth. IMO, especially the OL is the main area in which we have been deficient for a long time, and that is a huge reason all the skill we have recruited has not reached its full potential. It all starts up front.

Jun 26, 2013, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Clemson ranked in top 15 of every preseason poll ]

There are some on here who only seem to look for the gaffs and the misses, but there are way, way more positive things going on at Clemson than at most other programs. The best part is we haven't sacrificed our standards to get there like so many of the others on that list.

Jun 26, 2013, 1:24 PM

Exactly, and Dabo never will!!!

Jun 27, 2013, 9:17 AM

You are absolutely right, and that is one of the main reasons parents trust their kids to be in our program. If Dabo gets a parent in with his kid, we have a better than most chance of landing that kid, or at least moving into the real hunt. If we don't, there are character issues with him or at home, and maybe some promises we won't make that others will.

Jun 26, 2013, 10:19 AM

Like the enthusiasm..
Everybody fired up...

That's always true this time of the year.

Jun 26, 2013, 10:28 AM

I'm cautiously optmistic about this team. It's for sure we've got a better rounded team on paper than we've had for decades. We're deeper on both sides of the line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2013, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Clemson ranked in top 15 of every preseason poll ]

I am so pumped, but I remember seasons where it didn't work out in the first game and we went on to have terribly disappointing seasons partly because the fanbase turned on the team so early in the season. I hope we can beat the dawgs, but if not, we can still have an excellent season. I know we are going to be in big games consistently. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Sometimes it is just the way the ball bounces (Patriots vs Giants). To look at our team, I couldn't possibly ask for more. I hope they don't believe the hype and bust it day in and out in the weight room and practice fields and class too. Go Tigers!

Some of the polls have USuCk listed as #3.

Jun 26, 2013, 10:25 AM

Does that mean third place in their division or are they expecting USuCk to go to the CCG?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not after 8/31 though I like being ranked below GA & SCar.***

Jun 26, 2013, 10:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not after 8/31 though I like being ranked below GA & SCar.***

Jun 26, 2013, 1:32 PM

Honestly though, I wish we never heard a peep of us being ranked until about the fourth or fifth week. I think Clemson plays better without the attention of the know it all's....

I often hear that out of Clemson fans

Jun 27, 2013, 7:30 PM

but there sure are no facts to support it.

We were ranked after the 6-7 2010?!

Jun 26, 2013, 10:58 AM

Really??? I thought for sure the streak was interrupted then.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We were ranked after the 6-7 2010?!

Jun 26, 2013, 11:12 AM

We weren't ranked

Re: We were ranked after the 6-7 2010?!

Jun 26, 2013, 11:25 AM [ in reply to We were ranked after the 6-7 2010?! ]

I think they are talking about 29 straight weeks - not years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right, it's weeks, not years.***

Jun 26, 2013, 11:47 AM

Gamecocks #3

Jun 26, 2013, 1:44 PM

SN must be delusional

Re: Re: Front Page Story: Clemson ranked in top 15 of every preseason poll

Jun 26, 2013, 1:51 PM

Dude, you're a hopeless looser!!

Juvenile name-calling AND misspells "loser". How ironic!

Jun 26, 2013, 4:46 PM

Obviously you have no intelligent, adult counterpoint so you resort to juvenile name-calling. Lame.

Re: Juvenile name-calling AND misspells "loser". How ironic!

Jun 27, 2013, 12:25 AM

Yeah, anybody who spells it "looser" needs to give back the high school diploma.

Re: Re: Re: Front Page Story: Clemson ranked in top 15 of every preseason poll

Jun 26, 2013, 1:56 PM

That comment was for "Razz"....I think he should change his name to Spazz

Re: Re: Re: Front Page Story: Clemson ranked in top 15 of every preseason poll

Jun 26, 2013, 2:44 PM

I knew who you were talking about. Tazz acts as if somebody has pissssed in his corn flakes on almost everything he comments on. I've learned it's a waste of time getting into a pisssing contest with the sour opinions he has on almost everything. Arguing or debating with the depth of negativity that Tazz displays only leads to deeper Negativity with him. I just appease him or leave it alone b/c Tazz can pissss you off if you allow him to do so.

Only ACC school on the list with an average around 9

Jun 26, 2013, 3:58 PM

That's great news Tigers. Don't worry about USuC on the list boys and girls. Everyone is on Clowney's jock. One dude can only take a team so far.

Jun 26, 2013, 6:38 PM

Yeah.... and that was probably said 'bout DF when he took over. Don't forget he had no prior exp. as an OC or DC,and 'bout 2 1/2 years later he(and clemson) were national champs... don't also forget that TB underachieved MIGHTILY!!!!!!.. you have great points,but would you still rather TB running(or sinking) the ship or dabo? The answer to me is pretty clear!!! YABBA DABO DOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 27, 2013, 3:39 PM

H&ll yeah, I will take Yabba dabba Dabo DOOOOO over any we could have gotten.

Scar #3?? How many positions does the Clown play?***

Jun 27, 2013, 9:48 AM

Notre Dame Is Not Even a Top 30 Team***

Jul 6, 2013, 12:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic