Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Barracuda Championship . . . First Round
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Barracuda Championship . . . First Round

Jul 25, 2019, 4:55 PM

The Leader in the Clubhouse is @ +18
($3,500,000 Purse)

They are using a "Modified Stableford Scoring":
Double-Eagle = 8 pts
Eagle = 5 pts
Birdie = 2 pts
Par = 0 pts
Bogey = -1 pt
Double Bogeys and over = -3 pts

Jonathan Byrd has completed his round and is currently T-5th @ +10

DJ Trahan has completed his round also and is currently T-59 @ +1

Sam Saunders is still whacking it around . . .

There are several just beginning their rounds as it's being played @ Montreux G&CC in Reno, NV . . . Still wish Doc was there!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barracuda Championship . . . Round 2 ??Tee Times

Jul 25, 2019, 5:16 PM

J. Byrd = 4:17pm

DJ Trahan = 3:11pm

Sam Saunders = 9:50am

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Barracuda Championship . . . First Round

Jul 25, 2019, 5:26 PM

Me too, but Doc is safe for next year, and he probably needed some rest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just wondering...

Jul 26, 2019, 8:41 AM

How is Doc safe for next year? I thought he still had work to do to get PGA status for next year and wondered why he wasn't playing the Barracuda. Great job by Doc & CU golfers at The Open.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just wondering...

Jul 26, 2019, 11:24 AM

As of now, he is not officially safe. He needs to finish the regular season schedule with enough "non-member" FedExCup points to equal or surpass the person that is in the 125th spot of the official FedExCup standings. Right now, Doc has 400.200 "non-member" points. Last year, the 125th spot had 377 points, the year before, it was 365. So, if you use those years as a guide, he should be safe. However, each year is different. So, as of today, he is not guaranteed a spot. His chances look really good, but it won't be official until we see how the next two Sundays play out.

I would have felt a whole lot better about things if he (and Stanley) had played this week and accumulated a few more points. Now, I'm really hoping he is healthy and just resting, and will be back out there next week. We should find out after 5 PM today if he is on the commitment list for Wyndham.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2019, 5:09 PM

Thank you for posting this. Please let us know when it comes out. I too hope they are just resting from last week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2019, 5:35 PM

This page will be updated once it becomes official. It will probably be later tonight, but I've seen a few tournaments that had it updated within an hour or two past the 5 PM deadline.

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/wyndham-championship/field.html

Jul 26, 2019, 5:48 PM

It has now been updated!

Byrd, Glover, Redman, Saunders, and Stanley are in. I'm guessing that Jonathan and Doc are playing on a sponsor's exemption because the alternate list is not down far enough to where they would have gotten in otherwise.

Jul 26, 2019, 6:00 PM

ALL RIGHT!!!! I just want to see a Tiger hoist a trophy this summer. Pulling hard for one to get the W this weekend... would be wonderful for either one. Especially Jonathan!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2019, 6:08 PM

Fingers crossed that maybe Trahan can get a Top 10 finish in Reno to earn a spot in the Wyndham also.

Jul 26, 2019, 6:23 PM

It looks like DJ has committed to the Monday qualifying event as a backup plan. Crawford Reeves is on the list also.

https://carpga.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/carpga19/event/carpga1919/contest/0/contestant/index.htm

Jul 26, 2019, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Just wondering... ]

Wonder why Kyle didn’t play the st jude? His latest wgr is 59 so he was qualified correct?

Jul 26, 2019, 5:32 PM

He did not qualify. It is only the top 50 in OWGR. It's a shame since he finished T2 last year at Bridgestone.

These are the qualifiers.

Playing members of the last named Presidents Cup or Ryder Cup teams (whichever was played last).

Players ranked among the top 50 on the Official World Golf Ranking (one week and two weeks prior to event).

Tournament winners of worldwide events since the prior year's tournament with an Official World Golf Ranking Strength of Field Rating of 115 points or more.

The winner of one selected tournament from each of the PGA Tour of Australasia, Sunshine Tour and Asian Tour and two selected tournaments from the Japan Golf Tour.

Jul 26, 2019, 5:54 PM

Thanks again and again for keeping us all on top of this. Not sure why I got it in my mind that it was the top 60.

Re: Barracuda Championship . . . First Round Update

Jul 25, 2019, 8:14 PM

Leader at +18

J Byrd T-7th @ +10

DJ Trahan T-85th @ +1

Sam Saunders T-37th @ +5

(There are still a few on the course, so these finishes may change just a little.)

Re: Barracuda Championship . . . First Round Update

Jul 25, 2019, 11:02 PM

It must have been suspended... I didn’t even catch that earlier but then the board never changed. Guess we’ll know around noon tomorrow what the final rnd 1 standing is but Byrd with the good rnd and Sam not bad. Although he didn’t take advantage of the par 5’s like he needs to. And stay away from those crooked numbers!!!!

Go Tigers!

LOL! My first thought was somebody was up 18lbs. on

Jul 26, 2019, 8:36 AM

everybody else..............

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic