Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just watched the 25 min version of the game - Nyles Pinckney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Just watched the 25 min version of the game - Nyles Pinckney

Oct 12, 2020, 1:15 PM

gets a sack towards the end of the game and gets very animated towards our sideline - vocal and worked up . . . .

Is he getting less snaps this year as compared to last year due to our young studs blowing the doors off the line of scrimmage ?

Where can we compare snaps played from year to year ?

I know a sack celebration - this looked different.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I have no doubt that you know all about foot-

Oct 12, 2020, 1:17 PM

ball sacks

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

2 points about this non-football response to a serious

Oct 12, 2020, 1:31 PM

kwestion:

1. You seem TERRIBLY preoccupied with "things" of this nature. Are you preoccupied ?

2.For your thread jacking - you should be made to stand on the wet Hill and carry 37 pounds without putting it down for nearly 4 hours.

Watching you go assoverConn in a boulder roll down The Hill sometime in the 2nd quarter would be poetic justice for all your jokey posts.

G O T I G E R S ! !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Just watched the 25 min version of the game - Nyles Pinckney

Oct 12, 2020, 1:28 PM

In my estimation, Nyles got 4th most snaps at DT Saturday night behind Davis, Bresee, and Jordan Williams.

We will know for sure when the snapcounts come out.

Last year his snapcount was likely 2nd or 3rd on the team behind Davis and either just behind or just in front of Williams. (I may be remembering incorrectly how he compared to Williams last year but I know he was way behind Davis.)

The major difference this year is that we are playing with 2 DTs instead of playing with 1 most of last season.

The 2 young guys are studs. Jordan Williams has always been a "what could he be when it clicks" type of guy.

Nyles is doing about what Nyles does.

I'm not sure why he celebrated in such a big way after the sack, but it didn't seem sarcastic to me, like he was mad at the coaches or something.

We have had several guys go big with their celebrations and I thought he was just getting in on that like his teammates.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder how many sacks Niles has gotten this year?

Oct 12, 2020, 1:47 PM

I thought he celebrated quite a bit and wondered if it was his first this season.

Either way....I celebrated with him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did too, TLT - was a GREAT play ! ! !***

Oct 12, 2020, 2:35 PM

Oct 12, 2020, 1:45 PM

A run stuffing DT never knows when a sack may be his last.

Good point !***

Oct 12, 2020, 2:35 PM

Oct 12, 2020, 7:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Just watched the 25 min version of the game - Nyles Pinckney ]

You nailed it! /thread

Nyles is not athletic enough to get on the field much because of our young talent on the D-line.

His greatest claim to fame (one I will never forget) is tackling the holder when Alabama tried their pathetic, desperate fake FG against us. It was a glorious moment in Clemson football history!

Yep - LOVE some NP. Was a CRUSHING play for those guys.***

Oct 12, 2020, 9:37 PM

Oct 12, 2020, 9:52 PM

I went back and watched it because I didn't remember anything like that. I don't see anything different with Nyles celebration and certainly didn't see him telling off Venables or something. That said, he is definitely playing less snaps this year. Last year's defensive line wasn't great and lacked a lot of depth. Nyles was the clear starting left tackle. This year, Nyles is the slated as sharing the role with Bryan and Jordan, and hasn't gone out first yet this year. Still a great player, but he's definitely taken fewer snaps this year than last.

Keep in mind that Miami had scored on their previous...

Oct 13, 2020, 12:10 AM

possession. Their only actual offensive TD against Clemson.
Nyles is a veteran who was just reminding Miami and his teammates that those points would be all for today.
And we picked it off a couple of plays later.
My guess is if they showed the sideline...his fellow defensive linemen were probably enjoying it and psyched up!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic