Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just want y'all to know....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,969

Just want y'all to know....

Nov 2, 2019, 7:26 PM

.... (not that anyone really cares, nor should you, about FSU) what I observed today.

While y'all were enjoying your team doing exactly what it should have done against an over-matched opponent, I observed something totally different.

FSU has to have the worst offensive coaching staff in the country, maybe in the history of college football. For all of Kendal Briles hype (which I bought into) after having all Spring and Summer and 8 games to work with the players, the offense now looks like something you would see in a backyard full of 10 year olds.

Our offensive "system" consists of snap the ball to Cam and hope. FSU doesn't use "trick plays" to surprise the D, we use trick plays as our base offense. Our OL can't run block at all, but they pass block even worse. The whole team, especially the offense, is disorganized and confused most of the time. Pre-snap penalties (5 men in the backfield or w WR covered on the LOS) are common. False starts are routine.

We can't fire Willie after this year. Y'all have fun getting your revenge over our 90's teams. Next year is gonna be worse.

Dabo talks about teams peaking at the end of the season because they are getting better. That's what good coaches do - make players better. On the other hand, a staff of bad coaches make FSU.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, we've seen it first hand.

Nov 2, 2019, 7:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I appreciate your comment.

Nov 2, 2019, 7:31 PM

And, I know you meant it half in jest. But, I assure you this Nole team has degenerated significantly since playing Clemson.

Maybe it was the Clemson beat down that caused all the problems. :)

Re: Just want y'all to know....

Nov 2, 2019, 7:31 PM

I think you're right. This performance was a huge disappointment and it's all on the coaches. You've got the talent.

I look forward to FSU coming back to greatness, but it's not going to happen with the current coaching staff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Frankly, the ACC needs FSU, VT, Miami to name a few

Nov 2, 2019, 7:32 PM

to improve, not only for themselves, but for our conference.

Hopefully, steps will be taken to do so.

Re: Frankly, the ACC needs FSU, VT, Miami to name a few

Nov 2, 2019, 8:15 PM

Gets it ^^^^

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU doesn’t have near the talent they used to have.

Nov 2, 2019, 7:37 PM

Your expectations are unreasonably high because of what the Seminoles once were. Imagine Kendall Briles at South Carolina... That’s about FSUs talent level right now. Yes there are some talented players spread out on the field. But it’s just a handful and they haven’t been coached up until now. If the recruiting steps back up at FSU and y’all keep Briles, you’ll be a contender. Fortunately for Clemson... you gave us an opportunity and we don’t plan on relinquishing our position atop the ACC or the NCAA!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they actually have more highly recruited players than us***

Nov 3, 2019, 12:56 AM

Nov 2, 2019, 7:40 PM

YOur postsalways seem thoughtful. I just think you have to have something to woprk w and when I've seen you the OL is bad. Now I didnt get to watch much today so I dont know how they looked today. I guess you should hope to recruit your way out of this but as bad as its been that is going to be tough

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You type how I feel.***

Nov 2, 2019, 7:46 PM

Nov 2, 2019, 9:11 PM

"... the offense now looks like something you would see in a backyard full of 10 year olds." - Excuse me, but when I was 10 yo, we played way better than FSU does.

I'm sure you did.

Nov 2, 2019, 9:34 PM

I'll bet you at least knew where to line up and to not move beofre the ball was snapped. After two years with Willie our guys still can't figure those two things out.

Honest and sober assessment***

Nov 2, 2019, 9:35 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But it’s Jimbo’s fault that Taggart is unqualified for the job.

Nov 2, 2019, 9:36 PM

Or have we finally moved on from that?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2019, 9:41 PM

I watched a bit of it.

That OL is terrible and just plain can't protect and that limits everything FSU tries to do.

Your skill guys look pretty good, but that O-line is just killing you. It just isn't getting better, either.

I look at the recruited talent there and wonder what the heck your coaches have been doing the last 3-4 years.

You can tell Willy Taggart has really missed that very productive partnership he had going with Mario Cristobal. He hasn't found an O-line coach who can remotely replace him.

I feel your pain.

Nov 2, 2019, 9:55 PM

But glad its yours and not mine.

Nov 2, 2019, 10:18 PM

Not sure how much of this Briles can actually fix to be honest. I cant remember a time when FSU has been this bad for this long at QB. They used to have an assembley line of Danny Kannel/Chris Weinke clones just waiting for the gig when they became juniors, now? Now they have a guy who not good for a Wisconsin QB. I say that meaning, that outside of the cup of coffee Russell WIlson had there, Wisco has never had very good Qbs imo. Just decent game managers. Now this kid and I need a Sammitch dude are the best that get trotted out? Blackmon to his credit throws a beautiful deep ball, but btw, his O Line has been bad about 5 years now. No.. It was bad three years ago, it is terrible today. I am not kicking rocks at you my friend. Ya'll have a proud football program that has fallen on very hard times. I think with the right coach there, it could be turned around in no time. I personally would hate to see someone like Addazio there. A hard nosed guy who molds players into just that. Plus he liekly still has ties from his time at UF. I do get the Willy inherited a lot of problems from Jimbo, but shouldnt they be showing at least some improvement, at least in terms of discipline and mental aspects if Taggert is the guy. I know you mentioned he would probably be retained, but I dont see how unless FSU is hurting on the $ side of the business.

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,969
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic