Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just to change things up...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Just to change things up...

Jun 4, 2017, 9:16 AM

I'd like everyone with an opinion on how they'd coach the baseball team differently to make their recommendations (and why) PRIOR to our next game. If I know Monte, he's on tnet, and your advice may make a difference.

I worry that all the expert advice he's getting AFTER the games could be construed as 20/20 hindsight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Just to change things up...

Jun 4, 2017, 9:35 AM

Play with a little emotion. Maybe they are too lose?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got the perfect idea on how to manufacture some emotion!

Jun 4, 2017, 10:16 AM

How bout a little pregame celebration right before first pitch? This has never been done before in Clemson and will really get the players JACKed up!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh9FAXDsaDE

Look at all the emotion. It's beautiful!!!

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree - They're still trying to shake the Jack off

Jun 4, 2017, 11:34 AM

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2017, 9:36 AM

How about shave

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Monte went to Harrys.com and typed in the promo code...

Jun 4, 2017, 10:32 AM

Mickey,Qwalk,Roy,Walt,Ramona,BenMilstead,Kelly,ZakOrr24,andLeeHarperWhenSomeone'sOnVacayWCCPTheRoar

Monte could get a razor handle, 5 blades, Dr. Bob's Soothing Face Cream, and a box set of Tom Emanski instructional baseball VHSes for only $5 plus S&H.

What is he waiting for? Log in now!

~JKB

Well for starters, I think...

Jun 4, 2017, 9:40 AM

We should always score more runs than the opposing team. Scoring more runs than vandy last night would have been a good coaching strategy.

I also played little league baseball for 6 years, so my expertise is quite valid. HTH

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Monte, take a look at this.***

Jun 4, 2017, 10:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!

Jun 4, 2017, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Well for starters, I think... ]

Winner, winner, chikken dinner! Ol' John here, has tooken the words right out my mouf!!!

(I'm warning you tho', don't even THINK about taking the wishbone from that dinner out o' my mouf, or we gonna scrap.... which is aNOTHER thing our Tigers best be doing in The Doug! Or beautiful Lear Field, where Don Munson does his play by play!)

Oh, have we considered firing Don Munson? That should help, too!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Well for starters, I think...

Jun 4, 2017, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Well for starters, I think... ]

Are you including tee ball in those six years or do you consider tee ball redshirting?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2017, 9:46 AM

Do you mean like a suggestion box?
Because that would be a really big box.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

One thing I know would help is to start the game with

Jun 4, 2017, 9:51 AM

Rally caps!

Re: One thing I know would help is to start the game with

Jun 4, 2017, 1:29 PM

This ^

Only way to turn this thing around is to get the players loose.

I remember some of the teams 2006-2010 with Leggett would goof around in the dugout pregame or during weather delays and it always seemed to help.

Today's weather delay is a perfect time to start up something in the dugout while the players have all this down time waiting to start the game.

More emotion must be shown by this ball club!!!

Less candy...

Jun 4, 2017, 10:05 AM

And more fruits and vegetables.

A healthy baseball postseason starts with good eating habits today!

~JKB

Re: More candy...

Jun 4, 2017, 10:27 AM

as in "eye". Give the youngsters something to look at and want to impress. Also, this same candy can be
a distraction to our opponent if played right. I promise I'll wear blinders and concentrate on the game.
Really!!!

I'd get Miagi

Jun 4, 2017, 10:33 AM

to do that thing he does on Chris Williams so he could catch.

Jun 4, 2017, 10:33 AM

People do need to stop saying what the coach needs to do, BUT it's also just the way the baseballs discussed on here. It's hard to discuss it without saying what one would do so I don't think people on here mean it in a negative way towards coach lee. You sure don't like when people talk about anything though do you?

Welcome back, Tigersowell.

Jun 4, 2017, 10:44 AM

aka: charlies

yep, was just wondering whose scok this is...***

Jun 4, 2017, 10:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Welcome back, Tigersowell.

Jun 4, 2017, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Welcome back, Tigersowell. ]

Is there something I'm missing because your posts go way over my head. Either respond with a picture or with charlies. You have me so confused

I'm all about discussing the baseballs...

Jun 4, 2017, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Just to change things up... ]

The rest I'll leave to Monte.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2017, 11:17 AM

1) Shave
2) Move the batters up in the box with a square stance
3) No bat waving
4) Attack the pitcher
5) No waiting on a pitch or trying to "see the ball up in the zone"
6) Swing at anything in the zone
7) Remember that the bunt is an effective tool to move base runners, rattle pitchers, catchers and infielders - and serves to counter a defensive shift
8) Put your fastest players in the game and let them either bunt or swing away - but don't let them look for any particular pitches or intentionally take anything other than a 3-0 count
9) Do not use the words "obviously" or "bottom line" at any time during the day
10)Have the players all wear knickers and stirrup socks instead of the basketball warm-up pants
11)Change the uniform shirt logo to a block-lettered "CLEMSON" and a block "C" for the cap
12)Try some orange britches

#Cornucopia***

Jun 4, 2017, 12:38 PM

I was typing a long message and decided it was too long.

Jun 4, 2017, 11:21 AM

So I decided to focus on the end result. Id win. Then at least 50% of the people on here would be happy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He needs to show the team this.

Jun 4, 2017, 11:22 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2T-TYMPQSbE
I think this would fire them up and we could make a run!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Jun 4, 2017, 11:39 AM

I've thought all year that Grayson Byrd should be at the top of the lineup. I would try that out, seems like he always knows the situations when he is at the plate, and can at least make a productive out to move the runners. We have a team full of hitters who rely on the home run, and they constantly pop up or hit a ground ball in front of runners. Get somebody to the top in those situations where we have runners on that knows what pitch to look for to move those runners, not just going up there hacking.

I would also put Logan Davidson in a run producing position in the line up. He may be the best all around hitter on the team, and he's one of Monte's freshmen. Which says a lot ab the kind of guys he will be getting to clemson.

My lineup would be
1. Pinder
2. Byrd
3. Davidson
4. Beer
5. Rohlman
6. Williams
7. Cox
8. Green
9. Wilkie

I would also give deep thought to keeping Byrd on second and Cromwell at 3rd like they did at the end of the game last night. Green has been a good story in the field, but this time of year against the best pitching, those dribblers through the infield and bloops that he hits stop dropping and those are outs.

I don't know where Riley Gilliam went, but I would throw him in there in the middle of a game to throw some heat. Get his confidence back up. Put him in at a time when the bottom of the lineup is coming and let him rare back on some fastballs and mix in some off speed. He was the bullpen at the beginning of the year, seemed like the other pitchers in the pen kinda fed off of him.

Baseball isn't a game that you can get jacked up for and run around screaming the whole time. These kids and coaches know that. It would be nice to see our kids look over to the dug out and smile and do some sort of celebration after a big double, instead of trying to look so cool on the jog over to first to give the coach your 10 protective braces that you used at the plate.

Maybe if the pitchers started to throw on the inside corner and ruffle a few feathers, maybe the position players would have a little more fire to beat the other team. Seems like they just don't want to beat the other team that bad, they just want to get up there and take their cuts and go on with the game.

Jun 4, 2017, 11:58 AM

Ok all you folks saying "play with emotion", that type of play in baseball leads to peaks and valleys. It creates more inconsistency. You don't want your players to play this game on a rollercoaster. They have to know that being emotional about the last at bat or pitch does not create focus, just becomes emotional baggage that weighs them down throughout the course of the game, or season.

Yesterday's homeruns don't win today's games, and yesterday's foul ups won't lose today's games either. Becoming emotional about yesterday's loss will cause players not to play within themselves and focus on their job, which if you've ever played the game, you know it's already hard enough.

Fans are allowed to be emotional though, (especially the women).

Jun 4, 2017, 1:36 PM

Emotion is part of sports. They have been playing without emotion and that is not working.

Today is opposite day.

Play with emotion!

Oklahoma State last year was the team playing with swagger and emotion.

This year it's Vandy with the emotion and look how it's treating them.

Jun 4, 2017, 2:28 PM

Emotion does not help them decide with .3 seconds whether they'll swing or not. Emotion does not help them paint a fastball on the black.

Emotion is a response to the result, it does not help them in the process of the game. The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat happens after the final out.

And if it's Opposite Day you should put your coaching hat on and get out there. I hear SCAR is hiring they played with a lot of emotion this year, their staff is still pretty emotional actually (for job security reasons).

cotton uni's instead of polyester

Jun 4, 2017, 1:37 PM

cooler and they breathe better - if our team was 5 degrees cooler than the other, what a difference that would make! proof has been studied

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FD3vl11eVq4

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

...dang , the problems are staring us in the face!

Jun 4, 2017, 1:38 PM

1] We leased the outfield grill to LSU and they have voodoo'd our dugout voodoo !
2] We don't have an orange mound and purple baseline dirt like OSU has done with the red and black!
3] We gave an ex-coach premium seats and he is putting the "evil-eye" on ML!
4] I personally saw at least under-inflated pink flamingos in the stands!
5] There is a game-sound microphone , placed entirely too close to the Vandy fans section. This creates the feeling for those watching the game that the Vandy fans out number the Clemson fans. That in turn creates "negative vibes" in the remote Clemson nation, which then weakens our ability to counter act the Cajun voodoo ....

Now the rain..oh the humanity!

BTW the weather issue according to multiple scientific sources is due to the POTUS taking us out of the Paris accord. These same scientists already made some other bold projections!

https://www.ihatethemedia.com/earth-day-predictions-of-1970-the-reason-you-should-not-believe-earth-day-predictions-of-2009

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple

Jun 4, 2017, 5:13 PM

I'd make sure they hit the ball AWAY from the other team instead of AT them.

Really don't know why Monte hasn't figured that out yet.

It's like really obvious.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic