Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gamecocks drop sponsor after CEO’s insensitive comments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Gamecocks drop sponsor after CEO’s insensitive comments

Jun 7, 2020, 7:19 PM

https://www.wistv.com/2020/06/07/gamecocks-drop-sponsor-after-ceos-insensitive-comments/

North Carolina Panthers already did too.

If the Coots give anything the thumbs down then maybe it's right.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gamecocks drop sponsor after CEO’s insensitive comments

Jun 7, 2020, 7:25 PM

VIRTUE SIGNALING? B!t©h move

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2020, 7:31 PM

Wait a second. I read the comments. What the guy said was 1000% correct. There will be thousands of black men murdered by other black men compared to a white cop.

I can promise you, this summer will be worse with black on black crime. Cops are either going to mail it in the black communities to prevent being put in a bad situation, or police staff will be cut to such that response times will be inadequate.

Again, the CPI CEO was absolutely dead on and its embarrassing that liberals are to stupid/ignorant to realize it

Jun 7, 2020, 7:35 PM

Given the recent national events, I agree with the Gamecocks on this one. Drop CPI. That is not liberal, that is the right thing to do.

Jun 7, 2020, 9:43 PM

You’re such a p***y

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Jun 8, 2020, 1:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2020, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks drop sponsor after CEO’s insensitive comments ]

Wait to see what happens when they disband the police and have "Action Committees" in charge. If I had a business in or near that city, I would move immediately. By next year this time, they may need marshall law.

Jun 7, 2020, 7:49 PM

Who is this Marshall fellow? I know of Marshall Tucker, but that can't be right....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2020, 9:48 AM

Bless your dumbazzz heart. We would explain, but you wouldn't understand.

Jun 8, 2020, 9:59 AM

I believe he's pointing out that it's "Martial Law"

Wow

Jun 7, 2020, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks drop sponsor after CEO’s insensitive comments ]

I say deal with the cops that was involved and responsible for Floyd's death, and do it as soon as possible showing law enforcement that this type of treatment during an arrest will not be tolerated in any shape or form.

I'm afraid that if the media continues to brow beat law enforcement in general over the acts of a few really bad cops, the good cops may decide to change professions, and the population would be up chit creek in a leaking boat without a paddle. Career criminals would have a field day with crime sprees of robbing and stealing at will without anybody to keep them in check, and the murder rate would get completely out of control without seasoned cops to hunt them down and jail them!!!

Correcting the problem like with George Floyd can be easy to correct if it was mandatory for every second of every arrest had to be recorded in full with every arrest, and they had to be reviewed by the station supervisors, and that would close the hole of supervisors saying that they didn't know about the mistreatment during an arrest... All cops ain't bad cops, but the bad cops make all cops look to be bad!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2020, 11:46 PM

Let the blue states and cities have their wish.
No bail outs though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 8, 2020, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks drop sponsor after CEO’s insensitive comments ]

I say deal with the cops that was involved and responsible for Floyd's death, and do it as soon as possible showing law enforcement that this type of treatment during an arrest will not be tolerated in any shape or form.

I'm afraid that if the media continues to brow beat law enforcement in general over the acts of a few really bad cops, the good cops may decide to change professions, ... All cops ain't bad cops, but the bad cops make all cops look to be bad!!!!

I keep hearing this take over and over again. Why don't do the good cops do something about the bad cops? In sports we always say the "locker room will handle it" when a player is out of line or not representing the team correctly. Why can't cops do this? If you know of "one of the few terrible cops" and you do nothing about it, you are not a good cop. You are complicit and apparently not tired of your organization being wholly labeled because of the "very few".

Jun 7, 2020, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks drop sponsor after CEO’s insensitive comments ]

Dang embarrassing idiot liberals

Jun 7, 2020, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks drop sponsor after CEO’s insensitive comments ]

Here’s a quick explanation for why raising the issue of black on black crime is offensive... The majority of crime in America is white on white crime. The issue people are protesting goes beyond the numbers. When white people kill white people, they go to prison. When black people kill black people, they go to prison. When white people kill black people, sometimes they go to prison. When white policemen kill black people, they almost never go to prison and often remain on the force. The issue at hand is justice and equal treatment under the law.

Jun 7, 2020, 9:24 PM

Which white cops didn’t go to prison? You mean the ones that were justified in their response? FYI, Mike brown didn’t have his hands up... breanna Taylor was shot because her bf a drug trafficker started shooting...etc.....efknct... educate yourself...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myth-of-systemic-police-racism-11591119883

Jun 7, 2020, 9:46 PM

Sorry didn’t know that link req sign in, great article and here are some main points....

“In 2019 police officers fatally shot 1,004 people, most of whom were armed or otherwise dangerous. African-Americans were about a quarter of those killed by cops last year (235), a ratio that has remained stable since 2015. That share of black victims is less than what the black crime rate would predict, since police shootings are a function of how often officers encounter armed and violent suspects. In 2018, the latest year for which such data have been published, African-Americans made up 53% of known homicide offenders in the U.S. and commit about 60% of robberies, though they are 13% of the population.

The police fatally shot nine unarmed blacks and 19 unarmed whites in 2019, according to a Washington Post database, down from 38 and 32, respectively, in 2015. The Post defines “unarmed” broadly to include such cases as a suspect in Newark, N.J., who had a loaded handgun in his car during a police chase. In 2018 there were 7,407 black homicide victims. Assuming a comparable number of victims last year, those nine unarmed black victims of police shootings represent 0.1% of all African-Americans killed in 2019. By contrast, a police officer is 18½ times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer.“

EVERYONE in the country agrees that G. Floyd should be alive and well, but this tactical narrative shoved in my face daily is getting old.

Just stop. They don’t care.***

Jun 7, 2020, 11:48 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Just stop. They don’t care.***

Jun 8, 2020, 1:31 PM

Exactly.

Those who make fun of others, or point of other areas as ways to deflect, they made up their mind a long time ago, in an emotional state, they are not willing to:

1) Read the room
2) Listen
3) Be open to learning, understanding someone else's plight
4) Be uncomfortable
5) Show empathy

Instead, they'd rather

1) Stay in their safe place
2) Feel superior to others

But, the great thing is, we live in a free country and people get to make their own choices. Just like the CEO of Crossfit decided to make a decision, he can live with the ramifications.

Jun 7, 2020, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks drop sponsor after CEO’s insensitive comments ]

I’m sure you also believe that George Floyd resisted arrest.

Jun 7, 2020, 11:16 PM

He shouldn’t have been murdered but I’m not losing any sleep over someone that went to prison 5 times.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Jun 8, 2020, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks drop sponsor after CEO’s insensitive comments ]

Nope but he did hold a gun to a pregnant woman’s belly robbing her to get money for drugs.

the majority of murders and robberies are committed by

Jun 7, 2020, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks drop sponsor after CEO’s insensitive comments ]

black or African Americans

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/tables/table-43

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They don’t care.***

Jun 7, 2020, 11:49 PM

Re: the majority of murders and robberies are committed by

Jun 8, 2020, 9:54 AM [ in reply to the majority of murders and robberies are committed by ]

"black or African Americans" - that sounds like you see these as 2 separate groups. Is there a difference?

Personally, since no other race identifies as MULTIPLE groups, if I were Black and my forefathers were from Africa originally, then I would only be referred to as "African". No need to add the American part IMO. But not Black, so it's hard to understand why Blacks insist on that.

Japanese are Japanese, Thai are Thai, Indians are Indians, etc. I never see them adding the American part, so it just is not logical IMO.

Jun 7, 2020, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks drop sponsor after CEO’s insensitive comments ]

So why did the George Floyd case set them off? The police officer was fired, arrested and charged with murder all within a few days of the event. The vast majority of protests, property damage and murders/assaults in response happened after this cop was already in jail and charged. So much for the wanting "equal treatment under the law" argument.

Jun 7, 2020, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks drop sponsor after CEO’s insensitive comments ]

Gotcha, on a whim, they(50) arbitrarily decide "I need to murder an African-American tonight; step outta my comfort zone, lil bit"?ur on2sumthin> likewhereurheadsat

Math please....I get this is perception***

Jun 8, 2020, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks drop sponsor after CEO’s insensitive comments ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2020, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks drop sponsor after CEO’s insensitive comments ]

Statistically speaking, your argument is garbage. 3/4 of Americans are white, chief. Of course the majority is white on white. I stopped reading after that sentence so Lord knows how fictitious the rest of your “point” is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2020, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks drop sponsor after CEO’s insensitive comments ]

Even many Black Leaders having been talking about the same thing. In the 1800’s there was a lot of white on white crime which involved murders.

IMO The Panthers and the GameCocks are trying to violate Kenneth Gill’s free speech.

I am still trying to figure out what he said that had anything to do with racism. Statically he is correct. Now this man could lose his business for just telling the truth. Politicians have done little to not only the Black communities but other minority communities as well. They do just enough to keep them as a voting base. But they never pass really meaningful legislation that will benefit future generations.

Do your research and see the civil rights bills that have passed over the last 60 years. Very few have any meat in them.

By the way I am against police over using their power and I want all American Citizens to have the same opportunities and to be able to live happy lives. Unfortunately drugs, violence and poverty are killing so many in the richest country in the world. Why? We should all join together and demand more for our politicians. Instead we let them keep us off balance through racial issues, just trying to get by paycheck to paycheck and other ways that keep us divided as a country. Things will never get better until we unite together and stop the infighting between the races.

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The PC police and overly sensitive society

Jun 7, 2020, 8:07 PM

are way out of control. Shameful!

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic