Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just some thoughts on the BB program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,363

Just some thoughts on the BB program

Mar 29, 2014, 10:50 AM

...from a man who's finally seen the light.

For the past 5 years (way before I was a T-netter), I've consistently berated, criticized, bad-mouthed, and hated on the BB program. Until about a month ago when I spoke to some close to the players, families, and even Brownell and his family, and realized how hard this team has worked to get to where they are, and how hard Brownell himself has worked to put this team in the position it's now in NYC at an NIT Final Four. For years, I was that guy who always had to post that cruel, unnecessary troll comment about how our program was never gonna get any better, to just accept that we would always be just a powerhouse football school, and nothing more.

Well, I've certainly become a believer this past month. I now see how hungry the young players on this BB team are. I've been delighted to see the slow but sure development of our big guys (Nnoko and Djambo), and I've been pleased to recognize just how much better the team keeps getting even on a weekly basis now. Players who were inconsistent can be counted on now, the team is finding ways to create offense despite now being that great of an offensive team, but most of all: these kids trust each other now. You can really grasp a sense of together-ness. Each man is playing his heart out for the guy next to him. They believe in each other. And that's the fuel that ignites programs that win: Belief and togetherness. Sure, the talent will come. But a solid foundational is built on something other than ability.

I'm beginning to think that an NIT Final Four just could be the start of something awesome for this program. And an NIT championship win would be a HUGE step forward in the direction of this program. For everything: recruiting, stability, confidence, etc. Take it from a guy who's eyes have been opened and can now see: The Clemson Tiger BB program, regardless of the outcome this week, is on the way up. Learn a lesson from me: Don't count them out before they ever have a chance to show you what they can do. Give them a chance. And give it some time. Show them you believe in them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw the light early when most people were missing Pernell***

Mar 29, 2014, 11:11 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nnoko has improved Exponentially this season !

Mar 29, 2014, 11:41 AM

Yes, KJ is awesome ... he was very good at the beginning of the season, great now ... But Nnoko ! From the early games where he was a competent big guy taking up room to NOW ! IMO, he is one of the BEST "Big Men" in the League ... next season he going to be HUGE, and we will then all worry about him going Pro early !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brownell paid a huge price in the transition.

Mar 29, 2014, 11:51 AM

OPs last class wound up being only Milt and Book (good players but flawed esp Milt) role players.. and BB's first class due to the late start essentially wound up being no one. We had 3 good seniors left from OPs days plus Milt and Book. Enough to be an NCAA team.

We went from a pretty established program to a major rebuild mode the next season
and now we are realizing the fruits.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

I used to live off Deacon Ridge...ha ha..warm words...

Mar 29, 2014, 12:12 PM

did it melt you?

Re: I used to live off Deacon Ridge...ha ha..warm words...

Mar 29, 2014, 2:44 PM

Indeed brother.

I'm anxious to see Djambo next year after he gets a bit

Mar 29, 2014, 1:21 PM

stronger and more comfortable in Coach Brownell's system. He is a long fluid athlete that can move his feet and shoot.

A little stronger, a little better ball handling and a little more comfortable and he will be a matchup nightmare for teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just some thoughts on the BB program

Mar 29, 2014, 3:31 PM

Good for You ! Well written. I am also now a believer that Coach has us on the right path.
Regardless of how NYC turns out , we all need to be proud on how these guys have competed this year. GO TIGERS

Familiarity doesn't always breed contempt.

Mar 29, 2014, 3:41 PM

Glad you hopped on board.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,363
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic