Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just saw Betond All Boundaries at the WWII Museum..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Just saw Betond All Boundaries at the WWII Museum..

Jan 13, 2020, 12:34 PM

Makes the game seem pretty small...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just saw Betond All Boundaries at the WWII Museum..

Jan 13, 2020, 12:36 PM

Find Ikes letter taking blame if the invasion failed. It really makes you think about that era

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just saw Beyond All Boundaries at the WWII Museum..

Jan 13, 2020, 3:23 PM

Here's what it says: "Our landings in the Cherbourg-Havre area have failed to gain a satisfactory foothold and I have withdrawn the troops. My decision to attack at this time and place was based upon the best information available. The troops, the air and the Navy did all that Bravery and devotion to duty could do. If any blame or fault attaches to the attempt it is mine alone."

*He accidentally dated the letter July 5. It should have been June 5. We're sure he had a lot on his mind.

Ps- Spud - I just made my first vinegar pie for the game tonight!

How did it turn out?***

Jan 15, 2020, 10:51 PM

Allied forces landed at Normandy ...and eventually won the war***

Jan 16, 2020, 8:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 13, 2020, 12:40 PM

I was going to recommend this museum to CLEMSON fans if you have time while in town. I went with my wife a few weeks back and it is something to see...

There was an interview with a Bomber pilot from a B-17 I

Jan 15, 2020, 10:59 PM

think. There were 24 pilots in his squadron. 4 came home....Another interesting thing I read was about the BAR...At first, there was one in each squad of 12 men. Then, they realized they needed 2 BARs in a sqaud of 12, and finally they went to 3. They must have had some heavy combat. One more thing while it is fresh on my mind....The Thompson only had a range of 50 yards....High rate of fire, but fifty yards?!!!! That is close quarters....

Jan 13, 2020, 12:47 PM

That is an incredible museum!!

Jan 16, 2020, 7:28 AM

My dad delivered troops to Omaha Beach on 6/6/44. He never spoke much about the war, and he passed years before I understood enough about the war to ask him questions.

I went in 2000 shortly after it opened as the "D-Day Museum"

Jan 16, 2020, 8:10 AM

Even then, while they were still completing a lot of the exhibits, it was an incredible experience. If I ever make it back to New Orleans it is the top item on my list of things to see/do.

Steven Ambrose (Historian) was one of the major forces behind getting the D-Day Museum (now called the National WWII Museum) in the old Higgins boat factory in New Orleans. Here's a good article regarding the importance of Higgins and his boats to the war effort:

https://www.christianitytoday.com/karl-vaters/2017/june/man-who-saved-world-by-thinking-small-d-day-tribute.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 12:19 PM

Where it is , Spud ? my son, you may remember, was a prisoner of War. Spud, you home now ?

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic