Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just reimbursed my compadre for IPTAY Dues & Season Tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,962

Just reimbursed my compadre for IPTAY Dues & Season Tickets

Jun 5, 2019, 7:22 PM

And it's worth every two dollar bill!

Go, Tigers!

BYOG!

All In!

2019!

Another Freakin' Natty!

Is it Thursday yet?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just reimbursed my compadre for IPTAY Dues & Season Tickets

Jun 5, 2019, 8:14 PM

This is a great example of why charging more than face value for a ticket at resale is reasonable.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just reimbursed my compadre for IPTAY Dues & Season Tickets

Jun 6, 2019, 11:27 AM

Well, absolutely, unless your purchasing nose-bleed tickets!

However, some will argue that the IPTAY contribution is a donation and shouldn't play into the resale value of the ticket. Casting that argument aside, the secondary market is all about supply and demand. You want them....I got them....let's agree on a price. Bingo! Free enterprise. What people used to call "the American way" two or three generations ago. (And we'll leave it at that.)

I started to post it with the actual costs pixelated or blurred, but it just didn't quite strike the same tone without the dollar amounts. And they are steep, but there are three families involved in those figures, so that is really how it works for us. The Owner of the IPTAY account (a former player, by the way), myself (Class of '75 & '78) and my son (who didn't attend, but is as diehard as anyone and hasn't known life without Clemson orange) all contribute proportionally and enjoy our autumns in the Valley. Seven Saturdays of orange bliss (well, with the occasional Thursday night mixed in, right?)

Go, Tigers! BYOG!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is why I gave up IPTAY ...

Jun 6, 2019, 11:48 AM

Big $$$ donors selling tix to buddies, which keeps long term small donors in the nosebleeds.

A more equitable system would be limit # of tickets per IPTAY member, regardless of donation level.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,962
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic