Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Zerrick Cooper's busy summer has him primed for the season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,568

New Story: Zerrick Cooper's busy summer has him primed for the season

Jul 27, 2015, 8:14 AM

Zerrick Cooper's busy summer has him primed for the season

Zerrick Cooper’s summer has been busy and filled with travel and recruiting drama. Now he’s ready for the routine of football season. What does he say about his travels? Do Clemson fans have a reason for concern? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cooper & Feaster will be unstoppable at Clemson..both

Jul 27, 2015, 8:31 AM

had a lot of buzz around them this weekend. We still strong with Feaster? All the hillbillies in Knoxville think he's coming to UT now.

Just read David Hood's posts from a day ago

Jul 27, 2015, 8:56 AM

Feaster is still solid for Clemson. We got his mama's blessing and she didn't like that he and his father went to UT. As long as Dabo has the mama he's coming to Clemson. I look at this like the Ray Ray McCLoud thing with Florida last year and the Deshaun Watson trip to Auburn 2 years ago. Both made the right decision in the end. We've built a relationship with Feaster for 2 years now

Re: Just read David Hood's posts from a day ago

Jul 27, 2015, 9:19 AM

I trust DH and his input, but the comments TCI reported when they interviewed him, as well as comments made to 247 has me uneasy. I'll c/p 247 interview below...

The nation’s No. 1 all-purpose back and No. 1 overall prospect in South Carolina has been committed to Clemson since February, but his recruitment might have taken a turn with Saturday’s trip to Tennessee for Orange Carpet Day.

Asked if he was still 100 percent committed to Clemson, five-star Tavien Feaster paused.

“I don’t know,” he said. “We’ll see.”

Feaster, the nation’s No. 26 overall prospect in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite and the nation’s No. 14 overall prospect according to 247Sports, said he initially committed to Clemson because the Tigers pushed the in-state prospect angle to him.

Now the Spartanburg (S.C.) High School star isn't so sure about all of that, though.

“After this visit, I’ve most definitely got to reevaluate everything,” Feaster said. “I’ve got to think about Tennessee, ‘cause when they came in the first time, they was on me hard, but Clemson was selling the whole in-state thing. But when I realized Tennessee’s just almost about the same length away from my house, that was … I mean, that’s really not that far, you know? I believe that if I go to Tennessee, I can get away from home and just be myself — you know, no distractions, no nothing.”

“I had to go check Tennessee out since I was that special to ‘em. I mean, I just wanted to see what they had to offer, and I know right now they’ve got a lot to offer.”

Feaster said he loved “everything” about Tennessee’s Orange Carpet Day, and he loved the messages he got from Vols coach Butch Jones and his staff.

“I mean, (Jones) said I was gonna be the only back they was gonna take in the 2016 class, and they’ve got four scholarship backs right now, …and he said I was just different, just a different kind of back,” Feaster said. “He said my speed was very different, and the way I catch the ball was very different, and I could come in here and work hard and make a difference in this place.”

Feaster said he also clicked really well with Vols sophomore running back Alvin Kamara, a five-star junior college prospect who enrolled at Tennessee in January.

“I really got along with Alvin Kamara this weekend,” Feaster said. “He’s a real cool dude. He’s a real laidback guy. He’s sort of like myself. I don’t like to be bothered too, too much, but he was really cool and is really straightforward. We hung together a lot. He’s a great guy.”

Tennessee four-star quarterback commitment Jarrett Guarantano — another of the star-studded prospects in Knoxville on Saturday — also left an impression on Feaster.

“He’s an electric dude,” Feaster said of Guarantano. “He’s really nice, and I’ve seen him throw, so I can he’s really nice, you know what I’m saying? He can definitely throw me the ball.”

Feaster said he would “most definitely” be back in Knoxville this fall for an official visit, and he said the Vols have essentially put themselves on Clemson’s level.

“I mean, Georgia’s in the mix a little bit, but most definitely Tennessee and Clemson are my top two schools right now,” he said. “I mean, the conference is different, but there’s really not too much different between ‘em. They’re both my top schools right now, definitely. The coaching staffs, they’re very similar, and I believe this coaching staff [at Tennessee] is more … you know, they don’t really sugarcoat things. They’re very straightforward.

“They’re good guys. I really love ‘em.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So based on that you would think TCI would remove him

Jul 27, 2015, 9:33 AM

from their commitment list. I'm not going to look, because I don't care and don't want to give them hits. They generate traffic by posting BS and act like a bunch of coots. TCI deserves no attention.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2015, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Just read David Hood's posts from a day ago ]

Remember when Dalvin Cook was committed to Clemson and then flipped? How did that turn out for him?

Jul 27, 2015, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Just read David Hood's posts from a day ago ]

I'm wondering if this isn't a competition deal. Meaning, we are pretty loaded at RB right now. When Feaster would come on campus Gallman, Choice, and Dye would all be juniors (Choice a sophomore if he redshirts.). CJ Fuller would be a sophomore. Brooks a senior (is that right?). I'm sure the Tenn coaches are putting that in his ear. I know most assume he would walk in and start immediately but he might not like the idea of coming into that competition. Having said that, I hope we get him. If not, I'm happy with who we have. No worries!

Jul 27, 2015, 11:35 AM

One would hope every player comes in ready and hungry to compete. I'm sure Feaster is ready to show his stuff.

Jul 27, 2015, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Just read David Hood's posts from a day ago ]

Believe me, Feaster is another CJ Spiller with a James Davis thickness to him...he's like a Gurley. We want him for sure!!!! He'll earn a starting role no problem!!

Tenn has Jalen Hurd and Alvin Kamara

Jul 27, 2015, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Just read David Hood's posts from a day ago ]

they're as loaded if not moreso at RB than we are.

Feaster wouldn't (and shouldn't) be afraid of competition anywhere he goes though. He's a rare and special talent and he knows it.

You need to ask him if he is really really committed

Jul 27, 2015, 8:58 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you were Hangin' with Mr. Cooper

Jul 27, 2015, 10:07 AM

After his Clemson and NFL career, he's gonna return
to his high school to be a P.E. teacher. Just had
to go there; couldn't help myself. :)

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,568
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic