Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thank you Mickey Plyler for ripping the NBA over its greedy defense of communist China vs. Hong Kong
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Thank you Mickey Plyler for ripping the NBA over its greedy defense of communist China vs. Hong Kong

Oct 8, 2019, 8:12 AM

Completely on point. NBA higher-ups love to bash American political structures/figures all the time, but the league issues duplicitous apologies over the Hong Kong sovereignty issue to placate its Chinese consumer base instead of defending democracy.

Keep at it, Mick.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Link? TIA in advance***

Oct 8, 2019, 8:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

That might be tough***

Oct 8, 2019, 9:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Link? TIA in advance***

Oct 8, 2019, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Link? TIA in advance*** ]

www. MickeyPlylerTalksonRadio .org

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YWIA in advance

Oct 8, 2019, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Link? TIA in advance*** ]

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Thank-you-Mickey-Plyler-for-ripping-the-NBA-over-its-greedy-defense-of-communist-China-vs-Hong-Kong-1935670?start=0&tstart=0

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just one more in a long list of reasons...

Oct 8, 2019, 8:52 AM

to completely ignore anything and everything even remotely associated or affiliated with the NBA in hopes the league will simply cease to exist and vanish into the stratosphere never to be seen or heard from ever again.

Of course, maybe that's just me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Just one more in a long list of reasons...

Oct 8, 2019, 9:01 AM

Not just you. NBA is a cancer on the world of sport.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, who cares about the best players anyway?***

Oct 8, 2019, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Just one more in a long list of reasons... ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just one more in a long list of reasons...

Oct 8, 2019, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Just one more in a long list of reasons... ]

Good look with that. It's as big and profitable as ever.

Adam Silver did come out last night and support Morey's

Oct 8, 2019, 8:56 AM

right to free speech in a statement.

Communists responded with this gem: "We believe that any remarks that challenge national sovereignty and social stability are not within the scope of freedom of speech."

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that Mr. Plyler

Oct 8, 2019, 9:01 AM

has no idea whatsoever what he's talking about when discussing Chinese politics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I will go further out on that limb and say he knows even

Oct 8, 2019, 10:46 AM

less about the NBA

Yeah, but please tell us how you feel, deep down, about his

Oct 8, 2019, 11:11 AM

Tnet mail sack.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

First thing I would do is change the email address, because

Oct 8, 2019, 11:33 AM

the people writing in are all idiots, and after that, I'd put serious thought in updating the prayer list...Streamline that joker, It's simply not efficient, sometimes it takes me two or three prayers to make it to the end...But that's just me

Our government higher ups like to give plaudits to China as well***

Oct 8, 2019, 9:08 AM

Qualk ripped 'em good un too.***

Oct 8, 2019, 9:27 AM

Does the NBA’s Hong Kong position align with the

Oct 8, 2019, 9:29 AM

Administration’s position?

Certainly the Hong Kong issue is moot given the complications of tariffs and trade negotiations. Seems reasonable that freedom, democracy and human rights should be significant considerations in foreign policy regarding the China Hong Kong issue as well as many others.

The balance between the principled and pragmatic approach is always present.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does the NBA’s Hong Kong position align with the

Oct 8, 2019, 10:47 AM

Human rights and democracy are not a concern of this administration.

or the last***

Oct 8, 2019, 10:48 AM

Re: or the last***

Oct 8, 2019, 10:52 AM

The last one would pretend to care maybe. They wouldnt hyoe dictators and ruthless leaders with kind words. Maybe the bottom line was the same though. No telling.

The last guy put people in cages too***

Oct 8, 2019, 10:58 AM

Re: The last guy put people in cages too***

Oct 8, 2019, 11:06 AM

True...I was thinking more about praising brutal leaders . The cages I had no issue with.

+1 for pro-cages***

Oct 8, 2019, 11:34 AM

Re: Thank you Mickey Plyler

Oct 8, 2019, 10:22 AM

Mickey was 100% correct. The NBA caved to China. If I was the owner who made the comments, I'd tell the NBA there's no way I apologize and furthermore the league has no right to apologize for me. I've never cared for the NBA. They let the players run the league. The players shape the current rules which are basically, "let me score and get my #'s" rules. The league is all about the drama of trades, contracts and coaching changes. They aren't about the game of basketball. In my opinion NBA games eat up air time a good SITCOM re-run could be airing.

China is a bad actor state. They've stolen billions in intellectual capital from us. They are a bully to most countries in the Pacific. We've been "friends" since the Cold War thawed, but make not mistake, they are an enemy.

Oct 8, 2019, 10:54 AM

It is a huge market though who loves the NBA and it is a business. Slippery slope.

Oct 8, 2019, 2:24 PM

Selling out for the Yen?

You are right of course, but they NBA is weak to do that.

No NBA defense of communist China, but no criticism

Oct 8, 2019, 11:12 AM

of them either. Good article:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/oct/08/nba-china-morey-tweet-houston-rockets-hong-kong

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*Mackey

Oct 8, 2019, 11:22 AM

mackey
Mickey Plyler®

Re: *Mackey

Oct 8, 2019, 11:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Oct 8, 2019, 12:00 PM

This is 100% on point, and confirm Tigernet as my go-to source of news and discussion regarding world affairs and politics.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic