Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just not sure how you keep Brownell at this point
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Just not sure how you keep Brownell at this point

Mar 15, 2017, 10:07 AM

1. The program wasn't in shambles when he got here
2. He's been here 6 years and there hasn't been any improvement
3. This year was said to be his best team and that we needed to make the big dance, instead Clemson goes out at home to a 7 seed in the NIT.
4. How can he possibly sell this program to recruits/fans to generate any excitement for next season?
5. Brownell is a nice guy but he's had time and he hasn't gotten it done. If you want to make basketball better than it's time to go in a different direction. Wish him the best but commmit to winning and make a change.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just not sure how you keep Brownell at this point

Mar 15, 2017, 10:21 AM

Well said! I don't see how DRad can spin optimism out of these lackluster 6 years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same old story for six years.

Mar 15, 2017, 10:31 AM

What's the saying? Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results? I used to think that applied to Brownell and the basketball program, but now I see that's really the case for fans who want a better program. If it didn't happen after all those embarrassments in the past, it ain't going to happen now, so might as well accept it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Same old story for six years.

Mar 15, 2017, 11:18 AM

The problem is the same as the Tommy Bowden situation. For some reason, both were given dream contract extensions and then in one year's time, the state of the programs were not positive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its identical to Bowden***

Mar 15, 2017, 11:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I suspect its about alternatives. Lets assume an AD

Mar 15, 2017, 11:18 AM

knows a change would be best. He also knows that an even swap - taking a chance on another unknown nice guy with a decent resume' - could stick the program with another 6 years of the same. No, he wants the guy he wants. But that guy is not available right now. So he wait a year until he knows he can get the guy he wants. Measure twice, cut once.

Watching scu trying to hire a football coach was a good lesson. They obviously didn't have a plan in place. And in our case the plan shouldn't be, "We've seen enough, you're gone. Now what?"

Is the AD measuring twice to hopefully cut once? I don't know. The question was about what might explain not making a change right now, and that is one explanation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic