Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just my $0.31
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,169

Just my $0.31

Dec 12, 2019, 6:02 PM

Apparently Clemson has an undersized D-line and that equates to losing the game against Ohio State. They think that we lack depth, but even when it’s proven that we have it, they say it won’t help us.

If you go read 11 Warriors, those fans seem REALLY confident. It’s obvious most of them haven’t watched any Clemson games this year. They think they are better at every position group and that their team, as a whole, is way more talented (obviously based on indisputable recruiting rankings, not the amount of National Championships in the trophy case).

Only a few think that Trevor (a guy who won the NC as a freshman), is even on par with Fields. They think Trevor can’t run, but just wait until they see him get 70+ yards on the ground during the game. It’s going to be a big part of stopping their pass rush. Just because he hasn’t had to run much this year, doesn’t mean he can’t. They should go rewatch the playoffs last year.

And lastly, they say we’re a finesse and speed team, but they have power and speed. I guess they haven’t seen us dominate in the trenches against the best the SEC has to offer over the past few years. Oh “but this year’s team is different than last year’s team” they say. I agree. It’s actually better. They’ll figure it out in a couple of weeks.

They have a very skilled team and great coaches, just like us; and it should be the premier game of the season. Good for them going 13-0 in a crappy conference just like us. I sincerely believe they should be proud of their team. I would be. But I’d also be sh*tting in my pants knowing that Clemson is next up on the schedule. They should respect their elders and lower their expectations. It makes the probable letdown much easier.

Again, just my $0.31.

Message was edited by: clemsonstud05®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL ran 77 times for 407 yards (5.3 ypc) and 7 TDs.

Dec 12, 2019, 6:11 PM

Fields ran 123 times for 471 yards (3.8 ypc) and had 10 TDs.

Given the difference in the number of sacks, I’m struggling to understand why they consider Fields the bigger running threat.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: TL ran 77 times for 407 yards (5.3 ypc) and 7 TDs.

Dec 12, 2019, 7:18 PM

in the Wisconsin game last week Fields had two good runs where he was in open field. Everything else he looked like a squirrel trying to decode which way to go just before the semi makes a greasy spot in the road. He did not look like a player with pocket presence and that knack of illusiveness. Granted when he has a clear pocket breakdown and has a lane - he can hit it, but otherwise.....

I think he’ll be healthier in a couple weeks, so we may

Dec 12, 2019, 7:34 PM

not see as much indecisiveness. He is a great runner, no doubt, but I think the confidence some have in his passing game is overinflated.

The main reason he doesn’t have a lot of picks is because he doesn’t throw in the middle of the field much. This will hopefully take a lot of pressure off Muse and allow our LB’s to spy the QB to limit the run game by Dobbins and/or Fields. Then gotta trust that our corners can lock down and prevent the big plays.

Re: Just my $0.31

Dec 12, 2019, 7:42 PM

I didn't know we were a finesse team this year, I thought that was just last year.

Dec 12, 2019, 9:00 PM

I think we’re a finesse team that lost its D line and have a QB in a sophomore slump. Gosh, I hope the 0310 coaches are buying that.

I was right about Trevor running the ball.

Dec 29, 2019, 10:34 PM

Checkmate.

The was worth at least O4O

Dec 29, 2019, 10:37 PM

;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was right about Trevor running the ball.

Dec 29, 2019, 10:48 PM [ in reply to I was right about Trevor running the ball. ]

Good call. The kid has as much moxie as arm talent... which says a bunch

Dec 29, 2019, 11:23 PM

LOL, Trevor got nearly 70 yards on one carry. O-H-31-0 outrun by a 6'6 QB. Gotta love it!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,169
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic