Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just in Case
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Just in Case

Dec 7, 2016, 11:37 PM
IMG_2315.JPG(86.7 K)
IMG_2318.JPG(57.8 K)

Osu fans need reminded the last time our teams played....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just in Case

Dec 8, 2016, 1:16 AM

That OSU player looks like one hurtin' Buckaroo. ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2016, 6:29 AM

They had a better QB and a better defense in that game than they bring into this one .
I like our chances to advance .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 8, 2016, 6:41 AM
IMG_7845.JPG(88.8 K)
IMG_7846.JPG(144.2 K)

And look at what they've achieved between them and now.....let's give the opponent a little respect. I know that's hard with this fan base.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2016, 7:29 AM

Says the Ohio guy trolling the Clemson board. Also wasn't that 2014? If you want to talk about "between them and now" we could discuss last year and how you didn't even make it to the playoff.

Dec 8, 2016, 8:06 AM

I expected responses like this. It's sad how far Clemson Tiger football has come and yet the fan base can't set back and enjoy the success. The majority would prefer to trash talk every opponent and act like Clemson has been winning nattys for a decade straight. The point of my post was maybe not be so dismissive of an opponent that clearly can win this game as can the overs. Ohio state has 4 current/final top ten games (not top ten at the time of play) and only lost 1 of them. Clemson has zero top tens and has a loss to an unranked team. I think it's foolish to assume Clemson is a superior team. Sorry for pointing out facts, I'm sure someone will tell me to go Kill myself now.

We will sit back and enjoy your set back in three weeks.***

Dec 8, 2016, 8:21 AM

Re: We will sit back and enjoy your set back in three weeks.***

Dec 8, 2016, 8:38 AM

Perfect. Good luck to both teams. I do believe this will be a great game as both teams have nightmare matchups for each other. It'll come down to the small things. Also, nice zing. Sorry for the autocorrect typo.

Dec 8, 2016, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Just in Case ]

Dude, you come here with Ohio St is great post and like you said, expected that result. Around where I am from there is an old saying, "You can put your head in that hole, if you want to,". Meaning, I wouldn't advice that but go ahead if you must, it isn't going to bode well for you, though.

We get that OSU snuck in the back door in 2014 when the two Big 12 teams got knocked for not playing a championship, just like OSU got a bonus for not playing a championship game this year. Y'all got it both ways, due to politics, so here's your congrats.

Dec 8, 2016, 8:56 AM

With all due respect, the Buckeyes got in the first playoff because of a 59-0 result against a top 10 opponent in the title game, not because of politics. And this year they are in because of schedule. It stands in its own. If you think for a minute that Ohio state didn't want to go play for and win it's conference, you're sadly mistaken.
if politics were in play, penn state would have beat out Washington. Are better per all of the committee's criteria but having that second loss held them out. Their fan base is massive and travels very well. That would have been the political move to make. Saying that about Ohio state is pretty ignorant and narrow minded.

Dec 8, 2016, 9:08 AM

No they didn't, y'all also lost to VT at home that year. In that year VT had to rely on a win against a sub division team to even be bowl eligible. That is why y'all were behind TCU and Baylor before championship weekend. So, had the Big 12 had a championship game OSU would have still been behind the Big 12.

Dec 8, 2016, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Just in Case ]

And no, Washington took care of business, having only 1 loss and crushed a Top 10 team in their championship from the first whistle, PSU had to come back from a huge deficit and make a 4th down stop around their 20 yard line at the end of the game to win the B1G Championship.

Dec 8, 2016, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Just in Case ]

We played 5 teams that are ranked in the top 25
Going 4-1, so I would say we played a pretty good schedule.
Not to mention 11 bowl teams.
Y'all have a good D no question but except maybe OU the CLEMSON O is the best you will see .
I think this will be a close game but the Tigers will pull away in the 4th.
38-24

LOL - "majority"

Dec 8, 2016, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Just in Case ]

A few posts on Tigernet represent the "majority" of Clemson fans? That's a new level of stupid right there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Dec 8, 2016, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Just in Case ]

Penn St was unranked when Ohio St lost to them, sorry for pointing out facts. After beating Ohio St, Penn St then entered the AP ranking at #12.

We'll see what happens.

Dec 8, 2016, 7:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Just in Case ]

LOL bless your little bucknut heart.

Dec 8, 2016, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Just in Case ]

f off

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Dec 8, 2016, 9:18 AM

Very insightful. Thank you for enriching the conversation! Love how the tiger base uses logic and facts to sculpt dialog

Dec 8, 2016, 9:27 AM

Don't presume you know anything about our fan base..not based on an internet message board..try not to be condescending..

Here's what I know about your fan base..based on 1st hand observation (not social media or message board talk)..
- You act entitled
- You are smug and condescending
- Your school is huge (large alum base) and you have lots of bandwagon fans ..which means the most annoying corner of any sports bar in America is often occupied by one of your game watching parties

Thanks for validating my previous observations..

Dec 7, 2023, 7:44 PM

First off, I know plenty about Clemson's fan base. I have lived in the upstate for much of my life and my best friend is the most hardcore tiger fans around. As far as the Ohio state base goes, please spare me the nonsense. Every fan base has its ####### and you know that's true. I have used nothing but facts on here, so the smug and entitled label are way off base. And what's wrong with Gavin a huge fan base that gets behind its team all over the nation? Doesn't iptay make sure there is a tiger flag flying at every gameday show? How is that better than locals gathering at a bar. I just don't understand that logic? You're painting entire fan base with a broad brush just like tiger nation is up in arms about right now with the ESPN issue. If you want to judge a whole fansbase on that, then it's your loss. Go check out a tailgate in Columbus before you talk. The people are just as kind and caring as Clemson on any given Saturday.

Dec 8, 2016, 9:38 AM

So you are a Coot?

Dec 8, 2016, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Just in Case ]

no one gives a ####

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Dec 8, 2016, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Just in Case ]

I could be wrong, but as an opening statement in an"only fact" "dialog", this post seems to a) lack fact b) lack respect and c) not encourage or initiate a dialog.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I prefer they don't remember and act like the favorite*****

Dec 8, 2016, 9:39 AM

Be careful

Dec 8, 2016, 9:40 AM

Scnj1000is already upset by this. Do you have the standard cargo shorts, Buckeye jersey, and black socks with sandals all ready to go for the game?
Also, what do y'all put in those fanny packs?
Thanks!

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic