Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just heard from an Ohio buddy that...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Just heard from an Ohio buddy that...

Aug 2, 2018, 8:47 PM

Urban will not be fired, 4 game suspension is coming. This from a “source” in th OSU athletic department talking to my buddy. Woman’s credibility is shaky at best based on multiple well documented reports filled against her from people around the university. Take from it what you will but looks like at least there will be more to the story.

Message was edited by: tigerfan_47

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just heard from an Ohio buddy that...

Aug 2, 2018, 8:53 PM

So if her credibility is shaky why did Urban fire the WR coach in the first place?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

in A word

Aug 2, 2018, 8:57 PM

Title 9

Aug 2, 2018, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Just heard from an Ohio buddy that... ]

exactly.....you can dress a pig up and call it what you want BUT a pig is STILL a pig......Go Tigers!!!!!

Aug 2, 2018, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Just heard from an Ohio buddy that... ]

His job was to report and act on "what he knew" his claim will be that's what he did "when he first found out" that's why he fired him because that's when the abuse came to light.

Aug 2, 2018, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Just heard from an Ohio buddy that... ]

Had to get rid of the Drama Queen. If the guy was so terrible why was she still with him after she supposedly started telling people in 2009. If she wasn't a "Drama Queen", why is she going around texting everyone about her problems but not calling police for protection. If it was serious why didnt her parents assist since they knew?

My buddy is in a relationship where his longtime fiance is just crazy. If she has a couple drinks, if something doesnt go her way i have seen her punch him, spit in his face, start screaming saying you just hit me when all he did was push her to keep spit out of his face. There are always 2 sides to every story but i have seen crazy ladies that are lucky the guy didnt retaliate. Im guessing there may be some of this involved since so many seemed to turn a deaf ear.

Just my .02 anyway.

Why is your buddy still with her if she is so crazy?***

Aug 2, 2018, 9:14 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is your buddy still with her if she is so crazy?***

Aug 2, 2018, 9:22 PM

Sometimes, when you love someone, rational thought goes out the window. Been through that hell and have emerged in paradise on Earth ( Thank you, sweetheart!) best of luck and don’t lose hope, because better times are ahead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2018, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Why is your buddy still with her if she is so crazy?*** ]

Many have asked the same, I have begged him to leave. A lot of his friends won't visit unless they know she is working or out of town.

I don't know for fact but I guess her talents from a horizontal position are noteworthy? Hopefully the right head will win the "Do the Right thing" battle before much longer.

Aug 3, 2018, 12:31 AM

Sounds like your buddy is Lucas Glover

Aug 3, 2018, 12:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Why is your buddy still with her if she is so crazy?*** ]

Aug 3, 2018, 12:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Why is your buddy still with her if she is so crazy?*** ]

Aug 2, 2018, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Just heard from an Ohio buddy that... ]

Yep, its common. When I worked C.I.D. domestics were the worst crimes to figure out. I always told the officers, "We are to identify and arrest the primary aggressor. Just because a person won the fight does not make them the primary aggressor."

When a woman is given every remedy available, is given the means to leave, given the counseling, and she keeps going back to her abuser again and again and again; what do you do?

We were in court one day and a woman who had been beaten up for about the tenth time was there for the sentencing of her boyfriend who had beat her. The judge asked her when he got out if she was going back to him. An said "I probably will." The judge asked"Why in the Hell would you do that?". She said "Because he is hung real well and sure is good in the bed." I had to leave the court room because I cracked up laughing.

Aug 2, 2018, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Just heard from an Ohio buddy that... ]

You’ve evidently never known anyone in an abusive relationship. Your ignorance is sad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2018, 11:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Just heard from an Ohio buddy that... ]

A crazy ex-wife isn't any reason to fire the WR coach and recruiting coordinator 1 week before the season starts and would also be grounds for breach of contract. So most likely Urban had to have at least some idea of what was going. But please, keep on victim blaming. There were also 9 police reports filed in regards to DV between the couple.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 3, 2018, 9:19 AM

On this note, it seems Ohio has laws that someone has to be arrested when a DV call is made. The officers are required to override any request of any party to NOT arrest the other when they observe any signs that it occurred... even a sniff.

Zach hasn’t been arrested 9 times. And if you believe the point that she called 911 60+ times and they stopped responding to her, it makes you rethink what actually may have been going on.

He may have been arrested once, but Courtney has sealed those documents so we don’t know for sure at this time.

Many Former Players Are Coming Forward

Aug 3, 2018, 2:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Just heard from an Ohio buddy that... ]

Not just some washed up has been players. NFL players that played for Urban Meyer are surfacing with stories of gross negligence and abuse from Coach Meyer himself as it relates to player's health and well being. He is only in the beginning of his demise and I for one am enjoying watching the Ohio State program burn down. Urban "Liar" will face the same fate as Woody Hayes. He will simply get fired and fade away into the forgotten pages of Ohio State history.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Aug 2, 2018, 8:59 PM

Well the report came from a fired ESPN reporter who tried bringing it to them first and they rejected it and an Ex wife so it isn't strange to think it's shaky and that he won't get fired. We live in a very twitchy society that needs to see someone hit the chopping block every time any allegation is present.

iF the wife of Urban knew of this

Aug 2, 2018, 9:03 PM

And she obviously did, that’s a title nine violation.

Re: iF the wife of Urban knew of this

Aug 2, 2018, 9:10 PM

I mean a few pictures of texts don't state much, we don't even know it that was actually his wife or just someone named "Shelley" in someone's contacts. Not saying I don't believe it but there's always a good possibility it was faked. Just saying a fired reporter and the ex wife of someone famous make it something I'm taking with a grain of salt until I see more.

It is my understanding that IF

Aug 2, 2018, 9:23 PM

Anyone concerned with the university knew of this problem it should have been reported to the university officials.

This would include players,coaches, trainers, and anyone on the staff. The wife of a coach would be included. Is this not your understanding of title nine ? Serious business as far as OSU is concerned.

Urban's wife is faculty at tOSU

Aug 2, 2018, 9:31 PM

That means she's accountable to Title IX as well as he.

SOMEbody's head should roll. Actually, both.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I have to admit

Aug 2, 2018, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Re: iF the wife of Urban knew of this ]

There's a good bit of this 'story' that sounds like a Tallahassee police report. Draw your own conclusions.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2018, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: iF the wife of Urban knew of this ]

just because the reporter was "fired" doesn't mean he is a bad reporter or his work is substandard. ESPN had a serious downsizing.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2018, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: iF the wife of Urban knew of this ]

Do you have a clue of urbans tract record? Good grief people

"Tract record"

Aug 2, 2018, 9:44 PM

I nominate this entry for the TNet lexicon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Aug 2, 2018, 9:29 PM [ in reply to iF the wife of Urban knew of this ]

Not by Urban.

Where are you getting that McMurphy tried to take this

Aug 3, 2018, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Just heard from an Ohio buddy that... ]

story to ESPN first? He hasn't worked for ESPN since April 2017. And he wasn't "fired" by ESPN, he was laid off and is still receiving compensation from ESPN for the termination. This isn't some disgraced reporter that lacks credibility. He's had another gig lined up for some time but is waiting for the non-compete to run out with ESPN before starting with Stadium next week.

I listened to an interview of McMurphy this morning on The Audible podcast (Mandel and Feldman) and he said this wasn't a story at all until Ohio State fired Smith a few weeks ago. When that happened he put in a FOIA request and discovered the 2015 arrest. He then asked Urban Meyer about the 2015 incident at Big Ten media day a week or two ago and Urban denied any knowledge of it and basically accused McMurphy of making up the story. That's when he dug into it further and got in touch with the ex-wife.

McMurphy also said specifically that he was working alone on the story and the only people he had to help him edit the story were a couple of personal friends since he's still a free agent and doesn't have the usual editing team around him to help.

Aug 2, 2018, 9:29 PM

Did she run into cars to get the bruises on her face

He still lied.***

Aug 2, 2018, 9:30 PM

Re: He still lied.***

Aug 2, 2018, 9:44 PM

All coaches lie very frequently! As in they often say they don't know the extent of a players injury or know if they will play this week. Or I haven't watched film of a certain team, or etc, etc, etc. Usually not tied to Title 9.

But if you just say "he lied", then there wouldn't be coach hired anywhere.

Aug 2, 2018, 10:49 PM

How about as a representative of the university he lied publicly about domestic violence? Does't that seem like a different kind of lie than being evasive about the extent of a player's injury?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2018, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: He still lied.*** ]

There's a HUGE difference between a white lie about a team being well coached (Dabo if he ever said that about the coots lol) and lying about freaking Title IX violations. Coach speak in a presser never hurt anyone; idk why you'd bring this up.

I think more coaches play the game right than you think. The scumbag HCs don't last long in today's society. They get fired and become assistants at OSU to work for the biggest one there's ever been. Have you noticed that Florida STILL sucks? Meyer's handiwork.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“If you lie, you can never coach again”

Aug 2, 2018, 9:36 PM

- Urban Meyer

I've been waiting for info from the local police department

Aug 2, 2018, 9:41 PM

on the numerous calls they took (9?) from the couple. It sure doesn't look good on the surface so far but being an outsider with no first hand in this - who's to say at this point. There are as many sides to any story as there are participants.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2018, 10:42 PM

It’s very easy for people looking on the outside of an abusive relationship to say “if he’s so abusive, why doesn’t she just leave?” A lot of times, it’s not so simple. An abusive man will constantly put you down and make you fell like you’re nothing and no man would ever want you. This is one reason why a woman won’t leave. Second, abusive men also will threaten to kill her loved ones if she ever left him. This is another reason why she won’t leave him. Sometimes, you feel like there is no hope. You can try to leave but the laws protecting abused women absolutely suck. A piece of paper isn’t gonna stop a man from hurting a woman if he really wants to. When I was a teenager, I was involved in an abusive relationship. Thankfully, I got away and his parents got him the help he needed. Point of my story is, it’s not always that easy to leave when your confidence is shot.

Aug 3, 2018, 12:08 AM

Excellent points. Many abusers are also excellent manipulators. Con men are con men because they re good at it. Also, don't assume every father would come to their daughters aide. Perhaps she endured her fathers abuse as well. Maybe dad likes having a son-in-law who makes $350 k and is an ou coach.

Then again she could just be crazy. What do I know.

That is a rumor circulating among tOSU fans that

Aug 3, 2018, 8:45 AM

originated from a post on one of their message boards that basically said "I heard from a friend who has inside sources in the athletic department..."

Think about this...why would Urban receive a 4 game suspension, and how would that be known already? OSU will conduct an internal investigation. If there is no wrong doing on Urban's part he won't be suspended. If they find he covered this up, lied to the public about it, violated T9 and enabled DV to occur for almost a decade, it's not going to be a 4-game suspension.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: That is a rumor circulating among tOSU fans that

Aug 3, 2018, 9:13 AM

The suspension would work to serve to appease the masses. They’ve already painted the picture of him and everyone has their hit piece out. Imagine the outrage in him getting out of this thing with nothing even if all the evidence exonerates him. OSU would be painted negatively and they don’t want that.

If he’s innocent, I agree, nothing should be done. But OSU probably doesn’t have the balls to stand up to the masses today due to all the sensitivity out there. None of the media involved are going to say we’re sorry, we jumped to conclusions, so the suspension would be damage control.

But if there is evidence, he will be fired.

Game 5 is Penn State

Aug 3, 2018, 9:18 AM [ in reply to That is a rumor circulating among tOSU fans that ]

sounds like wishful thanking from a certain group of Buckeye fans.

thinking****

Aug 3, 2018, 9:19 AM

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic