Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just can’t hit curves
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Just can’t hit curves

Apr 16, 2019, 7:30 PM

He whiffed on basic breaking balls, three in a row.

Live batting practice is the only cure here. I’m not sure they don’t do that but whomever they have pitching must have a garbage curve

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just can’t hit curves

Apr 16, 2019, 7:32 PM

It’s not the whole team, Teo has the most trouble with offspeed stuff. Unless it’s a easy hanging breaking ball he’s just not gonna hit it.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2019, 7:36 PM

Two of those were serious hanging prime candidates. Hanging curves are ripe to HR if you hit it perfect, but they are basic to hit if you slow it down and try to drop one in behind short or second. This power hitting thing has got to go.

Apr 16, 2019, 7:52 PM

I said It at the beginning of the year, and here we are 36 games in and nothing has changed. This team is terrible at hitting offspeed pitching. Just flat out horrible. I really have no clue why any pitcher would throw a fastball for a strike. I would just show the fastball out of the zone every now and then and feed them a steady diet of offspeed. Every pitcher that’s done that against us this year has cruised. This team will let a pitcher throw a first pitch hanging cement mixer over the middle of the plate all game long and never swing at it. They make no adjustments. They just hunt fastballs all game and if a pitcher can locate their offspeed, it’s good night Tigers.

This team is averaging over 9 strikeouts a game. NINE. 325 in 36 games. That is flat out pathetic. That shows a team that refuses to adjust.

Apr 16, 2019, 8:25 PM

Just curves? We can't hit anything

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic