Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Parker adjusting to life in the professional ranks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,870

May 4, 2011, 10:04 AM

Kyle Parker is hitting a robust .368 in his first 20 games – with two homers and 21 runs batted in – and said his hot start comes down to being healthy for the first time in a while. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he is doing well..

May 4, 2011, 2:32 PM

the line that stand out to me is this, "The thing of it was that I was little bit more beat up than what I was really informed of".

He played well in Greenville. Saw him Saturday night.

Seems like all the interviews I read with him have him talking about how he had a cracked/broken ribs and not bruised. Not sure if he is placing any blame or just stating it as fact and is now one of the reasons he is doing well is because he is healthy.

Re: he is doing well..

May 4, 2011, 6:04 PM

As a college player, you can say I'm in to much pain to play. Also as a college or pro player, you have a right to get your OWN medical exam from any doctor of your choice. And it isn't that he didn't have the money to seek out his own medical exam. I hope KP the very best in what ever he chooses to do in his life. But he did seem to be a really spoiled kid that would stomp his feet,scream and cry out loud untill he got it his way. Kp wasn't in no way going to give up the starting QB position to Boyd after he let all that money pass him by by coming back another year. Coming off the season he had pryor, yes Dabo wanted him back for another season. After KP's injury at Auburn, I believe the choice to play was all up to KP. Don't cry about it now KP, the choice was yours, and you made it....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just because someone is able to do something

May 4, 2011, 6:54 PM

Doesn't mean they will. Yes KP couldn't have gone with to a different doc and perhaps hindsight being 20/20 should have. However most young folks (and many older ones) trust the doctor they have and want to play and often that means "playing in pain".

There is no question that mentally KP was a different player after the Auburn game. I suspect there are things he would do differently if he could do it over again but I've never met anyone who couldn't say the same about parts of their lives. The guy is still effectively a kid and hopefully learned from last year.

Nobody can change the past including KP. What is done is done. He didn't talk about a malpractice lawsuit (which perhaps he might have a case if info should have been disclosed and wasn't). He said its part of the game. KP has moved on and perhaps you should as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just because someone is able to do something

May 5, 2011, 3:39 PM

"ARE YOU HURT OR ARE OU INJURED". FROM ONE OF THE GREATEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL MOVIES EVER MADE "THE PROGRAM".

Re: he is doing well..

May 5, 2011, 3:37 PM [ in reply to he is doing well.. ]

The huge thing people dont seem to mention or remember since it is not being said is his freshman yr in Football he had Spiller and Ford (mainly spiller)to make his mistakes seem invisible by being such the game changers ALONE. When you take away your safety net then yes your mistakes will be more noticeable. Not to say he didnt make any in 09 just he had better supporting cast to cover it up.

I was at the game that Tuesday and there was not

May 7, 2011, 8:43 PM

4000 foks at the game. Had to be less than 1000. Pretty sparce.

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,870
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic