Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just back home from ACCCG. What is up with the CFP Committee - making Bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,102

Just back home from ACCCG. What is up with the CFP Committee - making Bama

Dec 3, 2017, 4:47 PM

Travel a whole 295 miles to their playoff site? Didn’t the committee get the email NOT to make Saban travel anywhere? EVERYONE knows Bama is travel adverse! Why, that’s almost HALF as far as the #1 seed must travel. Saban ain’t gonna like this!!! Not just the tide but heads will be a rollin’!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just back home from ACCCG. What is up with the CFP Committee - making Bama

Dec 3, 2017, 5:01 PM

It is my understanding from something I heard on TV yesterday that the #1 seed chooses the venue for playoff site. Clemson selected the Sugar Bowl because far more Clemson fans could consider the trip, not to mention a lower cost for travel. Also, by not playing on the West Coast, the team has an extra day of preparation for the National Championship game should they win the Sugar Bowl because of lower amount of time/distance to travel when returning home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just back home from ACCCG. What is up with the CFP Committee - GREAT! Understand why #1 seed

Dec 3, 2017, 5:28 PM

Clemson is at the Sugar Bowl. No way on God’s green earth was the CFP Committee going to make St. Saban travel to west coast . Unless for the Natty. Do you really think it’s a coincidence the #4 seed doesn’t travel as far as the other three seeds. And half as far as the #1 seed. Yep, just some smoke & mirrors here, nothing to see. Just move along. Oh, and try a cup of this delicious Kool Aid! Right.

Re: Just back home from ACCCG. What is up with the CFP Committee - GREAT! Understand why #1 seed

Dec 3, 2017, 5:32 PM

So Bama should have been the #2 or #3 seed? I has confuse by your posteds.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2017, 6:41 PM

Why not make them #2 or #3 seed? If the CFP Committee can “reward” a weak schedule, best win is Miss St, don’t win a conf div title= don’t play for a Conf title, with the #4 seed, then certainly they can use the “eye test” to say Bama is the “better team” and #2 seed.

Don’t believe me? And this really pains me, just ask any 0310 St fan. Pretty sure they’d agree they’re not in because of the eye test.
Or the 55-24 Iowa beat down.

Why would we want to make our fans and players fly

Dec 3, 2017, 5:33 PM

across the country when we can go to New Orleans?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why would we want to make our fans and players fly

Dec 3, 2017, 6:30 PM

Simple: BAMA ALMOST NEVER TRAVELS. SEND THEIR PACHYDERM TAILS TO THE WEST COAST FOR A FREEKIN REFRESHING CHANGE! MAKE BAMA FANS AND PLAYERS FLY TO THE WEST COAST!

Clemson, as #1 seed, is properly rewarded and goes to the Sugar Bowl.

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,102
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic