Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney not a fan of making political statements on uniforms but supports players
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 99
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney not a fan of making political statements on uniforms but supports players

Sep 29, 2020, 12:29 PM

Swinney not a fan of making political statements on uniforms but supports players

Head coach Dabo Swinney is a traditionalist who supports many things, and that includes everything from a consistent and recognizable look to a team’s game day uniforms to the importance of the lives of his players and coaches. What he doesn’t want to support publicly is any political organization. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, the hate, marxist, against the nuclear family Group BLM is getting downed by fans..

Sep 29, 2020, 1:01 PM

and should imho. And, read where they have now deleted a lot of their original manifesto which says a lot..

but only after they secured millions of $ from many rich & left-leaning corporations (Google, FB, Amazon, etc) who had donated to them instantly from an instant knee-jerking act so to look good, racially hip & be in-line with the Woke Mob.

YeP, the concept & cause & truth that Black Lives Matter is 110% true but NOT the catchy logo-using BLM Group dealing out hatred of America, Police, Capitalism & the core family values.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, the hate, marxist, against the nuclear family Group BLK is getting downed by fans..

Sep 29, 2020, 1:44 PM

I will support BLM when that group includes the many black lives that are killed every weekend by blacks in Chicago matter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, the hate, marxist, against the nuclear family Group BLK is getting downed by fans..

Sep 29, 2020, 7:12 PM

I was about to comment but it’s not even worth it...uugghhhhh

Sep 30, 2020, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Re: So, the hate, marxist, against the nuclear family Group BLK is getting downed by fans.. ]

Oh the ignorance.

Get ready for the completely and utterly intolerant

Sep 29, 2020, 1:02 PM

left at espn and other "sports" programming outlets to come like a pack of wolves.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach Swinney is a good man

Sep 29, 2020, 1:07 PM

He is an outstanding football coach and leader. And he is not a politician - to his credit. It’s a shame the media has forced this football coach and all football coaches to become politicians to keep their jobs and their fiefdoms. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is an outstanding football coach and leader. And he is not a politician - to his credit. It’s a shame the media has forced this football coach and all football coaches to become politicians to keep their jobs and their fiefdoms. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney not a fan of making political statements on uniforms but supports players

Sep 29, 2020, 1:13 PM

I won’t watch another game until that terrorist organization is removed. Idc anymore I’m not buying anything Clemson right now. I’ll come in here and check things out but win or lose doesn’t matter to me now. It’s a disgrace what has gone on.

Re: TNET: Swinney not a fan of making political statements on uniforms but supports players

Sep 29, 2020, 1:21 PM

You don’t really HAVE to come back here and “check things out”. HTH

Sep 29, 2020, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney not a fan of making political statements on uniforms but supports players ]

Eat some carbs and you will feel better.....

Not Carbs...Too Fatening

Sep 29, 2020, 2:38 PM

I think a lifetime prescription for lithium would work better with the aggression and hostility.

The irony . . .

Sep 29, 2020, 5:03 PM

A person shows righteous hate for an organization that actively foments violence, vandalism, and chronic disorder and lawlessness and yet it's the person condemning that organization you label as "aggressive" and "hostile," rather than the organization that is actually being aggressive and hostile.

Say up is down and down is up if you will, but you are still wrong. It is a lie, and you know it.

Re: The irony . . .

Sep 29, 2020, 6:22 PM

The only people associating anything the players are doing with any organization are people like the above poster. I haven't seen a single player state that they're wearing the stickers on their helmets as a show of support for any organization, or anything beyond equality. I honestly haven't seen any player state that they're supporting anything beyond what Dabo is saying in that he supports saying that black lives matter, but not any particular group.

Can we at least be honest and call this for what it is with many people? They're uncomfortable with all the talk of racial equality, and it's simply easier for them to say their issues are with the BLM organization than it is to say they're tired of hearing about equality. It's the same as the people who were only mad at the NFL players for 'disrespecting the flag' and then were happy to see the KC fans boo the players who instead joined hands on the field before the game.

Sep 29, 2020, 6:43 PM

Or maybe they don’t agree that there is inequality with the way police treat African Americans. After all, plenty of unarmed white folks are killed by police as well but you never hear about it because it doesn’t fit the media’s agenda.

These players are falling victim to group think and being influenced by people with political agendas. There is no proof in any of these high profile police killings, including the George Floyd case, that race was the motivating factor.

Sep 30, 2020, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: The irony . . . ]

If the stickers said KKK, but the team and staff said "KKK" was *not* supporting the Ku Klux Klan but instead was for Karl's Krazy Klowns (I don't know, I'm stretching to fit the analogy) and people should be able to tell the difference, we'd still probably recommend taking the KKK off the helmet. I'm sure any number of people have complained at baseball games when the strikeout cards are put up after the first 3 strikeouts!

If the stickers said "MAGA" for "Make America Green Again" because the team really got behind the environmental movement, a lot of people might think the stickers stood for, ahem, something else and would like to see them removed, lest there be any confusion about what they were actually trying to support and the message they were actually trying to convey.

It's similarly hard to distinguish between "black lives matter" (because of course they do) from "Black Lives Matter" (especially when using just the acronym BLM), the political organization that has expressed any number of very distasteful ideals on their website, in their press releases, and in their actions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2020, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney not a fan of making political statements on uniforms but supports players ]

I agree..the politics needs to go. Or there may not be many fans next year with or without covid.

Sep 29, 2020, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney not a fan of making political statements on uniforms but supports players ]

I agree..the politics needs to go. Or there may not be many fans next year with or without covid.

There will always be fans ready to buy those tickets.

Sep 30, 2020, 10:15 AM

Dabo was very clear that he/Clemson University are not supporting the Black Lives Matter organization, but rather his players, both black and white. Everyone should agree that ALL lives matter. If you are a person of faith, you should believe that ALL lives matter.

Well, bye! Take your 27% and go home!***

Sep 29, 2020, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney not a fan of making political statements on uniforms but supports players ]

Sep 30, 2020, 7:51 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney not a fan of making political statements on uniforms but supports players ]

Well, Bye.

Sep 30, 2020, 8:03 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney not a fan of making political statements on uniforms but supports players ]

You will not be missed

Enough with this BS

Sep 29, 2020, 1:22 PM

Clemson SID needs to step up and tell reporters to keep questions football focused. If they can't do that, then show them the door. Dabo has to repeatedly field these politically charged, social justice questions from reports just frothing over the possibility Dabo will slip up. He's made his statements, now leave him the f**k alone. This has NOTHING to do with Clemson football's game against UVA. No matter what Dabo says, someone is going to disagree and make a big deal out of it. He is the only coach that is asked this stuff almost EVERY SINGLE TIME he's in front of the media because reporters know he'll speak his mind and that makes for good clicks.

Re: Enough with this BS

Sep 29, 2020, 1:34 PM

ahh...good one. Free press, unless you ask me a tough question. whine, whine, whine...I bet this board went crazy when Spurrier banned the state reporter, calling him a baby. Now you want it. Grow Up. Dabo is a big boy and can handle the questions.

Excited about trotting out that broken QB against

Sep 29, 2020, 1:43 PM

Auburn this weekend?

Oooh, it's gonna be a rough one. One of many UGA losses this year.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still waiting on that apology from you guy, or you could

Sep 29, 2020, 3:46 PM

provide the links to backup your baseless accusation...Either/or

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep waiting...***

Sep 30, 2020, 9:24 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll keep reminding you until you can back up your claims,

Sep 30, 2020, 1:14 PM

you chickensh1t MFer...Quick to pop off but incredibly slow to actually provide the proof to back up your claims

Keep obsessing over it and keep waiting.

Sep 30, 2020, 3:59 PM

Racist old prick.

Keep making baseless accusations and then running away

Sep 30, 2020, 8:51 PM

when I ask for actual proof like a cowardly liar...Why don't you be a man and apologize? Or better yet, provide your proof

Re: Keep making baseless accusations and then running away

Oct 1, 2020, 12:20 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Nope. We wished that our SID would ban a couple

Sep 29, 2020, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Enough with this BS ]

Of them too.

Dabo isn’t a politician. Not a senator, not the president.

Go back to Georgia you dumb ###

Sep 29, 2020, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Enough with this BS ]

And what is your guy "Kirby not-so-smart" have to say ? I guess he's not news worthy.

Sep 29, 2020, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Enough with this BS ]

Are you enjoying your year-long "40-year drought" celebration?

We wish you Dawgs the best with your celebration, and hope you will enjoy the "50-year drought" celebration 10 years from now.

its called a football press conference for UVA

Sep 29, 2020, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Enough with this BS ]

not a free for all. When you call a meeting or a press conference, you set a topic that it is about. Anything not pertaining to the topic should not be discussed. You could politely say this is a presser for the UVA game, ask questions pertaining to the game as far as depth chart, match ups, etc. If you have questions not pertaining to this, please submit those in writing after the presser and we will follow up with responses as warranted.

Re: its called a football press conference for UVA

Sep 29, 2020, 6:28 PM

The original topic was brought up by a fan who brought it up to Dabo on a call in show. The questions at the press conference were in response to his comments in answering the fan who called in.

Sep 29, 2020, 7:40 PM

The original topic was brought up by a fan who brought it up to Dabo on a call in show. The questions at the press conference were in response to his comments in answering the fan who called in.

<

The fan happened to be a police officer. Since Dabo or the players have not stated they do not support BLM the organization, I guess this officer had the right to ask. If you were at the players march you would have seen the same BLM banner hanging over the stage that Saturday afternoon back in June. You would also hear the players doing the same chants you hear from the peaceful protesters.

Sep 29, 2020, 6:30 PM [ in reply to its called a football press conference for UVA ]

Also, why would the media not ask this question? These topics mean clicks for them. Just look at the amount of views and replies this post has received. It's the same reason why TigerNet is always running stories about this same topic because it always gets a ton of traffic. If you're upset about the attention these types of things get then direct your frustration at everyone(including me I suppose) who ends up giving a ton of attention to it each time it's brought up.

Sep 30, 2020, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Enough with this BS ]

That 40 year National Championship anniversary patch looks great on UGA's unis this year. LOL.

Sep 29, 2020, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Enough with this BS ]

Dabo doesn't even have to slip up, he can answer these types of questions PERFECTLY and still get hammered like he did over the summer because his statements "didn't go far enough"

Sep 29, 2020, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Enough with this BS ]

Did you listen to the press conference? The reporter asked about the call in show question. That should be off limits? If he had told the upstate law enforcement caller to keep it related to football then the follow up today wouldn’t have been asked. Dabo is pretty savy in Front of a mic, I’m sure he doesn’t need the SID proctoring his conferences.

Sep 29, 2020, 1:26 PM

Dabo is being repeatedly asked about BLM for a reason. Those with an agenda see this as a topic that can possibly have a negative effect on the football team's success. Dabo is trying to satisfy a mostly conservative, southern, older, white fanbase and a predominately young, black male football team. Continually being asked to address racial issues with the hope that he will slip and deliver a sound bite that can be played repeatedly on social media is a trap. No other coach is being asked about BLM as much as Dabo. Don't let folks with agendas divide us. It is OK to believe that Black Lives Matter and support/play for/graduate from/attend Clemson!

Sep 29, 2020, 3:19 PM

This is exactly right. Anyone asking Dabo the same old questions is only doing so due to ill intent toward either him personally, or toward the football team. Therefore, their right to ask questions should be revoked. It is Dabos job to coach the team and take care of his players, not make a name for otherwise anonymous reporters who are trying to get famous by bringing him down.

Sep 29, 2020, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney not a fan of making political statements on uniforms but supports players ]

No other coach is being asked about BLM as much as Dabo? Do you listen to the press conferences for every coach in the country to make yourself familiar with how often any of them are asked about it?

Sep 29, 2020, 1:28 PM

Coach is really put in a tough spot. He has to conform to the narrative of the radical Marxist media because most of his players have been tricked and brainwashed by them. They believe the constant lies about police brutality and racism that have been crammed down their throats. So Dabo has to go along with it or he will lose his team and lose recruits

. I guarantee you when he’s at home on his couch with Kathleen and watching the news, he’s shaking his head and saying how disgusting BLM is. There’s no way a man with the principles Dabo has could ever agree with those Marxist terrorists.

I hate it for him, that he has to submit to the cancel culture radical left if he wants to continue doing what he was put on the planet to do. Coach. Because if he has any view that’s different from theirs, he’s a racist white supremacist. They already hate him because he’s an outspoken Christian.

Sep 29, 2020, 1:54 PM

I believe you are wrong on several points.

First, I don't think Dabo goes home and sits on the couch and turns on Fox News or CNN that cover divisiveness 24/7. Based on every other aspect of his life, I can't see him going home and entertaining himself with the negativity that is constant on the national news channels you speak of.

Second, I don't feel Dabo is having to conform to anything other than his stated conformity of letting players put stickers on their helmets. His focus is on bettering his players' lives on and off the field. He has talked at length about the time with his players this summer opening his eyes and changing his perspective on many things that he had never considered or encountered.

Your statement that Dabo is spending his days faking his beliefs and statements of support for his team goes against all of the credibility that he has built up for his entire career as being 100% honest and transparent.

It seems you want Dabo to be like you, but I'm not so sure that the two of you are similar in a lot of ways.

Sep 29, 2020, 1:36 PM

These liberal reporters need to go cover politics. This is ridiculous

Clemson is the #1 College Football Team in the Nation!

Sep 29, 2020, 1:37 PM

If we were bad, then the media and fans would not care. These type questions come with being on top. And undoubtedly, when you’re on top, people are trying to knock you down.

Dabo can handle it.

Sep 29, 2020, 1:41 PM

I love how Dabo stuck to his belief, and nobody can fault him for that. Black lives do matter in the sense of speaking, and that doesn't change bc an organization chose to use those 3 words to identify their organization. What if they called themselves, God Loves everyone, but they still practicing their their racist belief's, do we never say again that God Loves everyone bc and organization uses it as a header in their racist propaganda. IMO, I'll never disbelieve that God do love us all, and it doesn't matter what name an organization uses to preach their raceist views. We know that God loves us as equals regardless of how anyone else feels!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2020, 1:47 PM

I’m sorry but those uniforms and who they represent do not belong to Swinney. BLM IS a political group, so he could’t be more hypocritical in what he’s saying. As an alumni amongst a family of alumni, as well as a donor and supporter, those uniforms represent MY school, and while I’m all for social justice, I am adamantly opposed to the BLM group. You also see support for BLM has tanked since their hatred, vitrol and vilolence have come to define them. Please remove the BLM stickers off of my uniforms.

Sep 29, 2020, 1:59 PM

Based on your narrow-mindedness and unwillingness to believe/understand that the players are supporting the movement of stating that black lives matter and are not actually supporting any sort of organization, it's probably a good thing that you spent the last 16 years lurking instead of posting.

It's not any more your uniform than it is Dabo's or the players wearing them.

One of the worst first posts.

Sep 29, 2020, 4:49 PM

Burn

Dabo handled this as well as one can, but

Sep 29, 2020, 1:53 PM

Black Lives Matter shouldn't be allowed on uniforms, in stadiums, etc. Many people associate that with the organization, which is a hate group.

Why not just stick with broad terms like unity and equality if we must have helmet stickers and signs around the stadium?

If you're going to allow black lives matter to be on a sticker, what if a player wants to use white lives matter? Would that be allowed? I'm guessing it wouldn't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Dabo handled this as well as one can, but

Sep 29, 2020, 2:04 PM

Would "white lives matter" be allowed? I'm not sure.

But I do know that if a player chose to use it there would have to be an explanation as to why it's being used and multiple players would be asked about why that's an important statement that needs to be made.

Those same questions have been asked and answered about the statement of "black lives matter" and it has been deemed almost universally that at the moment it is a welcomed statement.

I think that the people who can't separate the organization from the statement of black lives mattering are people who are choosing not to see the difference. Our players and university have been very clear on which they support and which they don't support.

Sep 29, 2020, 2:42 PM

I would ask if you believe everyone that sees those stickers on a Clemson helmet knows it really does not stand for the BLM organization. I would suspect there are quite a few across the country that watch our games and do not know we are just using the BLM organization's logo but we really don't believe in what they stand for. Especially since BLM has been around for years and we just started wearing their helmet sticker three weeks ago. I would have hoped with our huge and well run organization that we would have done some rapid reviews of the organizations that we appeared to be aligning with when all of this started. I feel we are in too deep to back out now. If I had to choose anyone to handle the situation where it is today, there is nobody better than Dabo to do it. I just hate that Clemson finds itself in the position it is now. Go Tigers!

Sep 29, 2020, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo handled this as well as one can, but ]

No. The difference is subtext. In the US, we have hundreds of years of history of enslavement and oppression of black people. Black lives matter needs to be stated specifically because outcomes are measurably worse in essentially all ways for black people in the US and most of those ways are essentially invisible to the white population.

Everything in life already says that white lives matter. Adding a white lives matter helmet sticker isn't an "us too" (please read the BLMs that way) it's another "screw you."

That isn't to say that white people have it easy. Life is hard; but, find me a way that adding extra melanin makes it easier and you can find ten leading up to it and ten that come after it that make life harder. That has to change.

That's ridculous.

Sep 29, 2020, 3:32 PM

You don't actually believe that, do you?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sep 29, 2020, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo handled this as well as one can, but ]

You’re full of ####. There was an unarmed white woman killed in her car in Missouri recently and the cop was acquitted. You didn’t hear about that one did you? Wonder why?

Why does "white lives matter" require an explanation

Sep 29, 2020, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo handled this as well as one can, but ]

but "black lives matter" doesn't?

The double standard isn't right. In fact, it's just as wrong as any (real or perceived) double standard when it comes to race.

The message right now is that it's okay to say black lives matter, but not white lives matter or brown lives matter or yellow lives matter. Why aren't people also allowed to support other races too?

That's like saying, "It's okay to support breast cancer research and wear a pink ribbon, but you aren't allowed to wear a blue ribbon for prostate cancer research. In fact, if you even mention another type of cancer besides breast cancer, you clearly don't care about breast cancer and all of the people impacted by it."

All of this lacks so much logic, it's ridiculous.

Re: Why does "white lives matter" require an explanation

Sep 29, 2020, 5:06 PM

Judge you expect politics to make sense or be logical? Use the supreme court approach to religious belief. They do not have to make sense, be logical, non-exclusive, non-contradictory nor even followed consistently: however, they are held and therefore valid. Politics and religion are categorically the same as far as a belief system. Accept it at that and move forward.

I agree with Dabo to an extent here. Supporting a message and a movement, not an organization - completely. I agree with the BLM criticism of social policy although I do not agree with their proposed cure. Politics 101.

As for the BLM item, statistically speaking there is a fundamentally and systemic negative consequence base solely race that disproportionately harms the black community and the pressure point often felt is with LEO and the legal system. When we say "all" or "other" lives matter it dilutes and/or ignores the immediate impact that social and political police has created for the black community. Therefore, "other" lives matter fundamentally fails in approaching the main issue that is the current social-policy realm creates negative consequences that are not felt at the same level as other demographic groups. Not saying there are not correlated other policy or cultural issues but that one way that the black community has felt disenfranchisement has been to dilute their political objectives (making them literally a minority voice).

What I find hysterical (and not in a good way) was that many of the folks demanding the "law and order" mandate and "trust in the LEO/legal side in response to BLM were also the ones that were encroaching on my libertarian sensibilities 10 years ago complaining about government overreach (health care, taxes, etc). For me, any agent of the government should be both held to a higher standard and treated with some level suspect (ie the burden of proof is one the government agent) as compared to a general citizen. I see "blue lives matter" (and as someone who used to work with LEO- i get it) but I have never seen "taxman lives matter" - ok a bit of a jest. What irks me is that how quickly some folks flip-flop on their trust of government solely based if their political party is in charge and how quickly their "principles" change if it is advantageous to them. Still wolves in the hen house, just your pack or not. Uggggg.

Re: Why does "white lives matter" require an explanation

Sep 30, 2020, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Why does "white lives matter" require an explanation ]

What do you mean "black lives matter" doesn't require an explanation.

I even stated in my post that the statement "black lives matter" has already had all of those same questions asked and answered and has been deemed something that is necessary to be said at the moment.

The same is true for saying that any kind of lives matter.

If you can state your reasoning for why your specific group needs to be emphasized, then there is a place for your statement.

A second statement that seems relevant at the moment would be stating that "blue lives matter" in response to the senseless shooting and attacks on police officers around the country. The end of my statement provides the reasoning and logic for why that is a necessary statement to make.

Black Lives Matter is politically correct

Sep 29, 2020, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Dabo handled this as well as one can, but ]

so it's okay

Sep 29, 2020, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Dabo handled this as well as one can, but ]

Or heaven forbid you have John 3:16 in your eye black, not uniform, eye black.

Sep 29, 2020, 6:41 PM

When has that ever been an issue? I've seen countless players over the years wear religious symbols including Tebow and CJ Spiller.

Sep 29, 2020, 2:06 PM

Dabo is a good man and a good Christian man and I know that and that is the only reason im still watching Clemson football like have for over 55 years. I'm a retired LEO and have worked many Clemson football games in 95 degree weather or hotter or colder lol but i will say this it has been very hurtful watching blm being put on the backs of their helmets and i guess one thing that has bothered me is that Dabo is head coach he says what goes and what doesn't like when after he started he made the change about wearing the purple uniforms once a year so if he makes all the choices Dabo could have just said in a meeting that he supports all his guys and he loves them (like he does) but that putting blm on the helmets doesn't comply with the uniform policy ?? but even though he say he doesn't evolve the team with political things when he didn't say no he did with the stickers the team is making a political statement for a terrorist organization and i guess that's what I and everyone else is upset about!! Sorry so long and just my opinion so no one get mad at me lol

Sep 29, 2020, 2:06 PM

Dabo is a good man and a good Christian man and I know that and that is the only reason im still watching Clemson football like have for over 55 years. I'm a retired LEO and have worked many Clemson football games in 95 degree weather or hotter or colder lol but i will say this it has been very hurtful watching blm being put on the backs of their helmets and i guess one thing that has bothered me is that Dabo is head coach he says what goes and what doesn't like when after he started he made the change about wearing the purple uniforms once a year so if he makes all the choices Dabo could have just said in a meeting that he supports all his guys and he loves them (like he does) but that putting blm on the helmets doesn't comply with the uniform policy ?? but even though he say he doesn't evolve the team with political things when he didn't say no he did with the stickers the team is making a political statement for a terrorist organization and i guess that's what I and everyone else is upset about!! Sorry so long and just my opinion so no one get mad at me lol

Sep 30, 2020, 1:43 AM

I have worked a couple hundred games and been pretty close to the athletic Dept and i really understand how this is a movement and idea separate form the BLM organization. Many in the office agree that its about something more than the BLM logo. Coaches across sports are seeing this as a way to enhance the university. Excited about how this pans out

Trolls trolling nations best HC

Sep 29, 2020, 2:19 PM

Honestly the trolls are usuck fans hanging out that dumpster fire calling in because their att cell service was down when they wanted to talk about their last win on myspace.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Football is where I turn to get away from politics***

Sep 29, 2020, 2:30 PM

Re: Football is where I turn to get away from politics***

Sep 30, 2020, 1:39 AM

No one cares where you go to get way from politics

Dabo, and other leaders still need to...

Sep 29, 2020, 2:48 PM

1. Help players find alternate ways to express their support to the value of Black People without misleading people to thinking they support the BLM organization...the organization purposely did this to create this type of disillusion. Stop hiding behind "oh its a saying not an organization." And say it differently!

2. Teach players whats so wrong with the BLM organization.

Don't say our players all support police, and support no hate groups blah blah blah, show them they are being played or make them admit what they are supporting.

Its too easy to find another way to express support for valuing black peoples lives...quit hiding behind words!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1. Help players find alternate ways to express their support to the value of Black People without misleading people to thinking they support the BLM organization...the organization purposely did this to create this type of disillusion. Stop hiding behind "oh its a saying not an organization." And say it differently!

Don't say our players all support police, and support no hate groups blah blah blah, show them they are being played or make them admit what they are supporting.

Its too easy to find another way to express support for valuing black peoples lives...quit hiding behind words!

Re: Dabo, and other leaders still need to...

Oct 1, 2020, 12:03 PM

All of this is a bunch of BS because certain people are hiding behind the whole "terrorist" organization thing. If Clemson came out and said specifically that they are going to wear stickers that say "Black Lives are also important" to distance themselves from any specific group, the same people would move the goal post and still have an issue with it.

The terrorist organization thing is a convenient excuse to not deal with what the players are actually saying. There is plenty of wrong with the organization itself, no debate there, but that's not the real issue that people have, and its time everyone face what their actual issue is and stop what this is really about.

Re: Dabo, and other leaders still need to...

Sep 30, 2020, 1:38 AM

If you post something three times can i say blah blah blah?

Sep 29, 2020, 2:51 PM

Symbolism in any form leaves a stench that is difficult to measure in the short run. In the fullness of time you will have your answer. In so far as the Clemson program is concerned my suspicion is we will not have the answer until next year or later. Supporters have a quiet way of voicing their opinion with financial support. They don’t ask questions. They just don’t write the check.

The AD is quoted as saying,” It is our understanding” that the student athletes use of BLM is not implicit support of the BLM Organization. It’s just a statement that BLM means black. lives. matter. If so, this would be easy to resolve with an acknowledgement by the student athletes that they do not support the BLM organization but do support black. lives. matter. Trevor could say it, Darren could say it - there are many that could say it. The courage to say it is a whole different matter. The longer the issue festers, the more difficult the future.

The BLM symbol that you see on the helmets was taking directly from the Black Panthers Party. The irony is that Bobby Seale, of Black Panthers fame, was known to carry John C Calhouns, A Disquisition on Government, around with him back in the day. Calhoun’s Disquisition was a political theory in support of minority rights - all minority rights. Calhoun’s idea of a concurrent majority was to protect the freedom of the minority from the rule of the majority.

The pushback is not going away. It’s very difficult to thread the needle on this issue given the traditions and heritage of Clemson University.

Hope for the best and plan accordingly.

Sep 29, 2020, 3:38 PM

I support the concept that black lives matter, but not the organization BLM. We are being told over and over that symbols matter--ie)--the Confederate Flag, monuments, names of buildings. Yet sporting the symbol BLM shouldn't offend? The problem with allowing this on the uniforms is where does it stop? If one of the players sincerely believes in Marxism and wants to display the hammer and sickle on their jersey or socks is that to be allowed? If we have a Muslim player who sincerely believes that his non Muslim teammates are infidels, should he be able to express that viewpoint. There are around 2 billion people on the planet who may share that view. Is it ok to sport Biden 2020 or Trump 2020 on their uniforms? I think most of us are interested in justice for all and don't mind the players or coaches expressing themselves off the field. I am not interested in seeing BLM displayed on anything. Dabo is a very good man. I think the players are good people-black and white. Dabo recruits quality people. He is in a tough spot, but Pandora's box may have been opened. How can he now deny any of the players to express themselves with a logo that they sincerely believe in?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so disappointed

Sep 29, 2020, 3:26 PM

If a dozen white players wanted to put kkk on their helmet then Dabo would be a fool to "support his players." But he allows a group that has literally said they want to "burn down America" to have their blm stickers. Choosing not to be political has consequences too. Evil flourishes when good men do nothing

Re: so disappointed

Sep 29, 2020, 10:46 PM

I find it ironic that many of the same people who share your opinion of hatred towards this group(not a fan myself but don’t associate that group with the overall message of black lives matter) are supporters of the Confederate flag. You’d think this group of people would be 100% against all things associated with that flag since it represents the death of thousands of Americans in an attempt of the South to literally stop being apart of this country. Somehow starting a war to stop being part of the USA is about heritage though.

Sep 30, 2020, 8:33 AM

Slavery was was wrong then as it is now. The "South" succeeded from the union, fought a war and lost. I had many ancestors both maternal and paternal who fought for the Confederacy. None were plantation owners, all were farmers, a few owned several slaves, most did not. All were conscripts, being forced to serve. Their blood was mixed in the soils of Virginia, Pennsylvania and Tennessee. Some did not come back. Their families suffered greatly during their absence especially when Sherman's army came through the state and after the war during Reconstruction.

I can not change who my ancestors are no more than you can. I can not change history and neither can you. I choose to honor my ancestors for who they are and the sacrifices they made.

The "South" that existed then no longer exist, today's "South" is home to the most loyal and patriotic Americans on the planet.

Sep 30, 2020, 1:02 PM

To be clear, I wasn't making a point that everyone who supports the confederate flag is racist or anything like that. I just feel there is some irony there that many of the same people who support the flag and get upset anytime a confederate memorial is removed are saying they can't support the BLM movement because they consider the BLM organization to be a hate group that is anti-American.

You don't get much more anti-American than being a group that literally fought a war against the US. That's not even to mention how hate groups such as the kkk still use the confederate flag as a symbol of hate.

I just find it ironic that people support that flag and get all upset when people lump them as being racist due to the flag not only representing an enemy of war, but being used by hate groups. Then those people turn around and lump every person supporting the BLM movement as also supporting violence and anti-American movements due to a small percentage of people who associate themselves with a certain organization.

Sep 30, 2020, 7:26 PM

To be clear, I wasn't making a point that everyone who supports the confederate flag is racist or anything like that. I just feel there is some irony there that many of the same people who support the flag and get upset anytime a confederate memorial is removed are saying they can't support the BLM movement because they consider the BLM organization to be a hate group that is anti-American.

You don't get much more anti-American than being a group that literally fought a war against the US. That's not even to mention how hate groups such as the kkk still use the confederate flag as a symbol of hate.

I just find it ironic that people support that flag and get all upset when people lump them as being racist due to the flag not only representing an enemy of war, but being used by hate groups. Then those people turn around and lump every person supporting the BLM movement as also supporting violence and anti-American movements due to a small percentage of people who associate themselves with a certain organization.

I support neither the Confederate flag nor BLM.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so disappointed

Sep 29, 2020, 3:26 PM

If a dozen white players wanted to put kkk on their helmet then Dabo would be a fool to "support his players." But he allows a group that has literally said they want to "burn down America" to have their blm stickers. Choosing not to be political has consequences too. Evil flourishes when good men do nothing

Sep 29, 2020, 4:44 PM

You are spot on with this post. I mentioned this on another thread but Sunday night I sat in a church service and heard a black preacher absolutely take BLM to the woodshed. I was really proud of his courage. We need more.

d@mned if he does, d@mned if he doesn't***

Sep 29, 2020, 3:54 PM

Sep 29, 2020, 3:59 PM

I do not understand how a state supported institution allows political decals on its' football uniforms. If I was to place a political sticker on my State work vehicle I would have to remove it or get fired. I guess there is a difference I simply don't get.

Sep 30, 2020, 1:35 AM

God i hope some get fired

Sep 29, 2020, 4:33 PM

I attended my first Clemson in the late 50's, I have bled and died Clemson for over 60 years. IMO Dabo missed a great opportunity this past spring. He had a great teaching moment and blew it. He basically said he is apolitical. He should have told the players that you come to Clemson to play football and we as a team will not make political statements as a team. What you do on your own time is up to you. Personally I don't think I will ever feel the same about Clemson.

This didn't start in 2020.

Sep 29, 2020, 5:44 PM

Imo, there needs to be 1 expression allowed on helmets or uniforms. Something agreed upon by every school under the NCAA umbrella. Something simple 1 black stripe, blue stripe, red, yellow, green, white, etc no words, no slogans. The intent is all of us yellow, green blue, white, red etc are 1!

This show support on unis didn't just start. They should ban pink outs! That's BS. I hate that organisation with a passion. I don't want a dime of my money.spent for tickets or whatever to go to SGK. For one thing, this allows one org to be elevated above others. Why can't the wounded warrior foundation get support and have a Camo out? Why can't First Baptist church get a cross out...

Susan G. Kommen is a HUGE contributer to Planned Parenthood. Yet millions of dollars, given in good faith from citizens, tickets buyers, go under the table for 0rganizatiins that carry out actions that millions of us find detestable. I hope that I explained that well enough to get my point across.

Another problem I forsee that could have real consequences is the "peer aspects" say a white player is vehemently opposed to BLM for their stated intent and Marxist BS. The players hates the org. Loves people of all colors, creeds, religions, sexual orientation, etc but doest want to put a BLM sticker on his helmet. But he doesn't wear it he's seen as racist, non supportive of his teammates. So what is he to do?

Just ask Clemson authorities to stop using BLM logo by..

Sep 29, 2020, 6:18 PM

emailing, texting, calling or writing.

Simple, if enough fans and/supporters voice their concerns, then things may change.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just ask Clemson authorities to stop using BLM logo by..

Sep 30, 2020, 1:32 AM

I just sent an email saying i supported their use of blm. Also tweeted Trevor and reach or the same...good idea bill

Re: This didn't start in 2020.

Sep 29, 2020, 10:54 PM [ in reply to This didn't start in 2020. ]

Then he could do something like ETN and wear a sticker that says love or something along those lines. I’ve seen other Clemson players wearing stickers that say unity and equality. It’s not like every player on the roster is wearing BLM.

Re: This didn't start in 2020.

Sep 30, 2020, 1:34 AM [ in reply to This didn't start in 2020. ]

Holy F, this is asinine

Sep 29, 2020, 6:53 PM

I am a ret SCHWY PATROL I am a long time tiger fan and been a member of IPYAY since 1973. I support every one treaded with respect and KKK is a hate group and BLM is a black KKK almost all my black friends do not support them. I do not like kkk on any part of their uniforms and do not like BLM on them

Sep 30, 2020, 1:33 AM

You need a History lesson from an esteemed clemson prof

Sep 30, 2020, 9:07 AM

Glad Dabo clarified his understanding of the phrase. I think he is being (maybe acting) a bit naive about it though. Jason Whitlock breaks down the forces behind the organization pretty will in a video he posted last week.

Sep 30, 2020, 9:21 PM

Dabo is acting naive. He’s a smart man. He knows exactly what BLM stands for.

Oct 5, 2020, 5:39 PM

I'm just tired of this....................I have found out there are so many more things to on Saturdays!

Replies: 99
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic