Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why the virus is so hard on older people
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 3,100

Why the virus is so hard on older people

Mar 18, 2020, 9:05 AM

And those with underlying problems - esp Asthma and COPD.

You may be young and healthy but someone you know or love is probably in the downside of that curve because if she or disease.

I am late 50s but die to chronic severe asthma I have the lung function of a 80 year old.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why the virus is so hard on older people

Mar 18, 2020, 9:08 AM

I am very concerned about my wife with this. She is both diabetic and has had a history of some respiratory issues. Both of us are over 60 also

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

kills old short people***

Mar 18, 2020, 9:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just about any serious illness is hard on the elderly.

Mar 18, 2020, 9:55 AM

The flu can lead to pneumonia and that is much more likely to affect someone than the "Kung-Flu"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Just about any serious illness is hard on the elderly.

Mar 18, 2020, 10:03 AM

scroll up and read "how my morning started yesterday."

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2020, 12:48 PM

Uh this is with any illness and just like the flu the seriousness of you dying from Covid-19 is probably very very slim. It's the affects of having the flu or covid which gives people the actual killer, pneumonia. The CDC is so incompetent and political that they don't give you the fact that the actual flu kills a fraction of what they claim. It's because they combine the deaths due to flu AND pneumonia. A study a few years back, can't remember the year but it was a bad year, there was over 56k dead under the column flu and pneumonia the misleading part was that that year only about 35,000 died of complications from the flu, the rest was killed because of pneumonia. So just like any other viral disease keeping the elderly and anyone with underlying health issues especially with immune and respiratory issues safe. None of that has changed yet the fact we have decimated our economy from something all you had to do was tell people to be careful and stay home if you're sick or been around anyone sick goes so far above my head that I can't think of it happening for any other reason then some in power wanted the economy to crash.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2020, 1:07 PM

So are you going to obey the LAW or not..."They" want to know...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Millennials are getting sick and hospitalized with COVID-19

Mar 18, 2020, 9:21 PM

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/18/u-s-official-says-data-show-severe-coronavirus-infections-among-millennials-not-just-older-americans/

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 7
| visibility 3,100
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic