Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just a thought about Dabo’s QB comments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Just a thought about Dabo’s QB comments

Jul 17, 2018, 7:34 PM

How did Kelly Bryant come out of the spring game @#1? He looked flat and way behind both Lawrence and Brice, in my opinion. I will acquiesce to anything Dabo says, he is in the drivers seat, not me...Thank God! LOL.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just a thought about Dabo’s QB comments

Jul 17, 2018, 7:36 PM

Read more into his statements. He also states we don't see the meetings or the practices with the consistency of each QB day in and day out and we surely don't understand their knowledge of the play book. Also he states as well that the players agree with the depth chart almost always which that alone should speak volumes. If it was about what we saw or one performance I'm almost positive everyone would have TL in pen as the starter, but HC Dabo see's a lot more than we do.

Jul 17, 2018, 7:39 PM

Don't disagree with you on it , but what we saw in the spring was that we have 3 pretty capable Qbs , and that there is no way any of us can say how it will play out .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

And, DaBO knows which QB knows the play book!

Jul 17, 2018, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Just a thought about Dabo’s QB comments ]

But..time will negate that advantage, but KB has been under fire & knows how to duck quicker too, for now.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2018, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Just a thought about Dabo’s QB comments ]

Great point. I, like a lot of wannabe coaches, seem to forget spring means more than just the spring game. Thanks for your reply. Go Tigers!

Jul 18, 2018, 12:23 AM

Absolutely, the "Spring Game" is not the entire Spring practice and workouts. KB needs to start for the sake of our initial success on the field. My concern, however, is that given the fact that KB starts, our entire offensive scheme is designed around what he does and can do, which is excellent, don't get me wrong. But if we encounter some "difficulties" and less than desirable performance, and CDS and staff decide we need to try another QB, we(they) have maybe one week, or maybe even less than five minutes, to recalibrate everything our offense has been prepared to execute. (Oh, kinda' like what we encountered in the Sugar Bowl last January, as I recall. I suppose that's what championship teams, and coaches, are made of!) We'll be more than okay, I'm sure.

Go Tigers!!!!!

Jul 17, 2018, 7:46 PM

You got a senior QB who led us to the playoffs last year all while replacing the greatest QB in school history and one of the best to play the position at college ever. On top of that KB is a clear cut team leader and the guys seem to really like him.

You don’t make the move to a freshman during fall camp when game 1 is the Citadel. KB deserves the start and probably game 2 as well. But coaches have already said the gap is closing. I predict game 3 starts the TLaw era.

agree. as long as TL is the QB the next week***

Jul 17, 2018, 9:35 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TLaw can't win the Heisman sitting the first 2 games***

Jul 17, 2018, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Just a thought about Dabo’s QB comments ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2018, 12:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Just a thought about Dabo’s QB comments ]

Not to nitpick but game 1 is against Furman lol

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'Cause one practice ain't enough reason to #### off the

Jul 17, 2018, 9:38 PM

guy that took you to the playoffs. Anything could happen between then and September. Dabo's not so stupid to make any more waves than he just has to.

Jul 17, 2018, 10:16 PM

I'm not really worried about the QB situation...it will sort itself out during the regular season. Take solace in knowing that if KB does indeed struggle, TL will be ready to take over.

Jul 17, 2018, 10:27 PM

Dabo is faithful to his players that have been in his system longer.
Everybody knows that unless you really mess up. He has your back!!!!

At QB maybe ... other positions not so much ...

Jul 17, 2018, 10:41 PM

look at Fuller and Etienne.

Jul 17, 2018, 10:44 PM

spring game is just a practice and didn't Brice have the best day of them all? Why are people not screaming for him ?

Couple of INTs***

Jul 17, 2018, 10:49 PM

Jul 18, 2018, 7:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Just a thought about Dabo’s QB comments ]

Brice did not look good to me at the spring game. Some potential yes, but definitely not ready. TLaw looks almost ready, he just needs more weight.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic