Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just a quick thought to consider
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Just a quick thought to consider

May 7, 2019, 7:17 PM

There's no doubt that the give guys departing from our DL (CW42, BigDex, Cle Ferrell, ABryant and Albert Huggins) were a huge part of our success over the previous four seasons. They of course will be missed despite the elite talent that we have to replace them. The defense should still be top 10 regardless given Venables track record.

What is absolutely astonishing to me is the way this 2020 class is shaping up, both overall and in terms of the DL. We currently have the top three DT's in the nation committed based on 24/7 composite rankings (Bresee, Capehart and Williams). We are currently the favorite to also land the top 2 strongside DEs in the nation as well (Burch and Murphy).

I'm curious to know what the best DL class in NCAA history is and if any other team has ever managed to land the top 3 at any one position the way we have the top 3 DTs in the country.

It's starting to almost seem unfair the way that Dabo and staff are recruiting—almost.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just a quick thought to consider

May 7, 2019, 7:20 PM

You are watching history being made. Many pundits said our defensive line last year was the greatest college football DL of all time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 7:36 PM

So well said! We are enjoying history being made right before our very eyes, and to the woe of our opponents, and even to those who envy us so. They see us rising so exponentially in every phase of the game of FB, and exemplifying the most important things in life, and I'm certain that it eats at them. Lord, it's so hard to be humble when we are doing what we are doing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 7:25 PM

I’ve long thought that even after The 2016 Natty there was still a degree of popular perception that Clemson was a place to have fun and win a lot of ballgames. Family? Yes, but not built to perform consistently every year ala the business run philosophy of Alabama.

That perception was completely shattered with the complete domination last January. A domination that left no doubt. Whereas before there was always a “but” when pundits characterized Clemson’s success, now young men with a highest talent and character have begun to realize there is no trade off in choosing to be a Clemson Man, neither in football or in life.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 7:37 PM

WOW! So well said!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Just a quick thought to consider ]

I'm old, so please understand when I say this. When I re-read this post, I almost responded with the same message again. It was worthy!!! Great job!

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic