Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just Thinking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Just Thinking

Feb 25, 2018, 9:37 AM

Some coaches are paid BIG money by the apparel makers. This opens up a can of worms for some "hanky-panky". We have already seen a little of this in an earlier report but I tend to believe this is just the tip of the iceberg. Maybe the money from the apparel companies should go to the school and not the coaches. The players represent the school, not the coaches.

The NCAA has lost it's credibility. It appears to be highly selective in areas in which there should be no doubt about it's authority. The North Carolina "circus episode" is clear evidence of their failure to utilize their authority, concentrating on how to avoid their responsibility rather than concentrating how to wield that authority. As a result, it appears to me if fosters a feeling of finding a means to skirt the rules rather than an honest attempt to abide by the rules.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The UNC debacle is the most damning of all. It goes

Feb 25, 2018, 9:49 AM

Absolutely in the face of everything the NCAA should stand for. If you’re going to hide behind education/academics as your reasonfor rxisting vs paying an athlete, then there is no bigger sin than creating fake classes and giving grades to athletes. It’s worse than paying a few hundred dollars here or there to families of recruits. Not defending that but the unc scandal and their lack of doing anything about it renders the ncaa impotent at best, dishonest/collusive at worst. They certainly make money of their Kansas duke unc ky etc in basketball and their Alabama, notre dame, Clemson of late etc.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just Thinking

Feb 25, 2018, 9:52 AM

I agree with you totally. I imagine many schools don't worry at all about the NCAA while others probably have a hard time figuring out which rules need to be followed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just Thinking

Feb 25, 2018, 12:46 PM

They ran from UNC's bevy of lawyer graduates. Nothing will become of this basketball thing either for UNC. They are immune from anything the NCAA does because they can out lawyer them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ncaa lost what little credibility it had left when they did

Feb 25, 2018, 12:55 PM

NOTHING to unc for having fake classes.

it's over.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the 5 above posters have

Feb 25, 2018, 1:03 PM

an excellent grasp of the situation.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic