Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Juneteenth...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Juneteenth...

Jun 20, 2020, 7:05 AM

when the loudest majority of their community begin to actively try to make something out of their freedom,

instead of trying to extort something out of their freedom,

then I will celebrate this day.

The problem is that as a Politic, they've yet to throw off the shackles of the slavery their FOREBEARS endured.

If African-Americans WANT CHANGE, then do what you do IN A DEMOCRACY to effect change -

VOTE DIFFERENTLY.

Instead of voting the tired and ineffectual Policies of the Democrats for the 70th consecutive year,

vote Republican instead, and see what their policies can/will do to help the African-American community.

In the least, changing that block voting, would make the Republicans HAVE to stand up and recognize that Voting Will...

it's called Democracy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Juneteenth...

Jun 20, 2020, 7:50 AM

Just as dependable is the southern white wrong side of history when it comes to racial issues point of view.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2020, 4:31 PM

In the words of Malcolm X (1964), "Democrat is just another name for Dixiecrat....They are worse than a wolf, they smile at you like that of a fox. The black vote is only valuable to them at election time."

"You put them first and they put you last because you're a chump."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkgA2rUAY-o

Still true today.

Jun 21, 2020, 10:02 AM

They just say what they can to get elected. They are career politicians. All Hillary and Joe have EVER done is politics. And they have never actually accomplished anything. They have basically won class president their whole lives. It's hard to believe nothing has changed in the last 60 years. We elect career politicians... people who will say anything and do nothing to get our votes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2020, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Juneteenth... ]

That is correct. That's why the "Dixiecrats" left the Democratic Party after the Civil Rights Act was passed and joined the Republican Party. Pres. Johnson said "I've lost the south." And he was right, he did. And the South is still primarily Republican.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re just willfully lying at this point.

Jun 22, 2020, 12:11 AM

I’m willing to cut you some slack usually but we just discussed this not even a week ago, and you know damnwell that every Dixiecrat pol except two returned to the Democrat party. Do you really want to be this dishonest? Additionally you choose the Johnson quote below but leave out what he really thought about the bill. I’m only refraining posting the other quotes of that POS out of a sense of decorum.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You’re just willfully lying at this point.

Jun 22, 2020, 1:55 PM

Obed® said:

I’m willing to cut you some slack usually but we just discussed this not even a week ago, and you know damnwell that every Dixiecrat pol except two returned to the Democrat party. Do you really want to be this dishonest? Additionally you choose the Johnson quote below but leave out what he really thought about the bill. I’m only refraining posting the other quotes of that POS out of a sense of decorum.

No offense Obed but your information is simply incorrect. I don't lie, particularly on a dang message board. Here is the quote from Johnson from Bill Moyers: "The night that Democratic President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, his special assistant Bill Moyers was surprised to find the president looking melancholy in his bedroom. Moyers later wrote that when he asked what was wrong, Johnson replied, “I think we just delivered the South to the Republican party for a long time to come.”

The Dixiecrats did not return to the Democratic Party but rather developed the "Southern Strategy" through the Republican Party with the help of Strom Thurmond.

Get your facts straight before you accuse me or anyone else of lying.

https://www.history.com/news/how-the-party-of-lincoln-won-over-the-once-democratic-south

Nope, you're still wrong. But I'm relieved to see that

Jun 22, 2020, 8:06 PM

you're simply incorrect and not lying. It's odd, because we literally had a mile-long thread a week or two ago on this very topic, and you seem to either have skipped it or retained nothing from it, but c'est la vie.

I didn't say Johnson didn't say that quote either---I'm aware that Moyers says he said it. What I did accuse you of is selective quoting. What the heck, I'll give you a few more quotes from Johnson. He wasn't worried about losing the southern whites (and he said for a "generation", not a "long time") as much as he was interested in courting the black vote. Trigger warning provided for anyone offended by world-class bigotry.

-He consistently referred to the CRA as "The N----- Bill"

-"These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. For if we don’t move at all, then their allies will line up against us and there’ll be no way of stopping them, we’ll lose the filibuster and there’ll be no way of putting a brake on all sorts of wild legislation. It’ll be Reconstruction all over again."

-"“I’ll have those n-----s voting Democratic for 200 years”:

And as a final example of his pandering, when he appointed Thurgood Marshall to the Supreme Court, and was asked why he went with such a civil rights activist, he replied, "“When I appoint a n----- to the court, I want everyone to know he’s a n-----”

As for your claim that Dixiecrats went to the Republicans....BS...here's the list of prominent Dixiecrats who returned to the Democrats

Governors:

Gov. Orval Faubus D-AR
Gov. Frank M. Dixon D-AL
Gov. Benjamin Travis Laney D-AR
Gov. William H. Murray D-OK
Gov. George Wallace D-AL
Gov. Lester Maddox D-GA
Gov. Fielding Wright D-MS

Senators:

Sen. B. Everett Jordan D-NC
Sen. A. Willis Robertson D-V
Sen. Olin D. Johnston D-SC
Sen. Sam Ervin D-NC
Sen. J. Lister Hill D-AL
Sen. John C. Stennis D-MS
Sen. James Eastland D-MS
Sen. Allen J. Ellender D-LA
Sen. Russell B. Long D-LA
Sen. John Sparkman D-AL
Sen. John “Little” McClellan D-AR
Sen. Richard Russell, Jr. D-GA
Sen. Herman Talmadge D-GA
Sen. Robert Carlyle Byrd D-WV
Sen. Harry F. Byrd D-V
Sen. Al Gore, Sr. D-TN
Sen. Spessard Holland D-FL
Sen. Herbert S. Walters D-TN
Sen. George Smathers D-FL

Wanna know how many of the same group went to the Republicans? Three (sorry, I misspoke originally when I said three---point remains).

Sen Jesse Helms R-NC
Sen Strom Thurmond R-SC

Mills Godwin R-VA (Gov but didn't switch until 1973)

Your narrative is just false.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2020, 8:03 AM

Pretty ignorant post.

Jun 20, 2020, 8:03 AM

Ok I don't mean to be critical of your comment but over the years the country has been run by both democrats and republicans, so stop trying to make this about democrats. Also if you you look at the racial make up of the republican party and it's trickle down economics I don't think that offers a solution in this situation. The first is to acknowledge there is a hug problem with racism and inequality that needs to be addressed. The second we need representatives in government that unite people and not divide them. We are all on the same team.

Jun 20, 2020, 11:31 AM

Representatives are elected to represent their constituents, nothing more. Not unite different constituencies. You guys think the government is responsible for everything. Let’s blame the president for a bad cop in a dem city. Or blame Trump for whatever small problem in every small town. It’s just silly. The OP is right in that most inner cities are the worst for blacks, and there are overwhelmingly run by democrats.

Jun 20, 2020, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Juneteenth... ]

Just look at who is in charge of cities with all the problems. #BlueDemocratics

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. Let's hug it out.

Jun 21, 2020, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Juneteenth... ]

"The first is to acknowledge there is a hug problem..."

But, seriously, the problem is the constant name calling and finger pointing from both sides. Nobody can point the finger at themselves. Bureaucracy gets in the way of change. Having no term limits causes an abundance of career do-nothing politicians which also keeps us stagnant. Our country lacks respect. Respect for others and respect for ourselves. That is regardless of political party affiliation. We also lack the ability to state the obvious, sometimes, because people pretend that it hurts their feelings. We will never take a step forward as long as we dwell in false pretenses.

Re: I agree. Let's hug it out.

Jun 21, 2020, 11:31 AM

Amen. Thats something to take to the bank

Jun 21, 2020, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Juneteenth... ]

Hug problem? You mean we can just hug the problem away? Lol. Actually, i wish the solution could be so simple

What inequality***

Jun 21, 2020, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Juneteenth... ]

Jun 20, 2020, 8:06 AM

This Dem vs Rep crap is sad. I feel for you people who are so far on one side or the other.

until ALL people can take a step back...

Jun 20, 2020, 10:21 AM

from their own biases and listen and consider different points of view, we will not make progress.

Politicians and the media want us divided.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2020, 11:24 AM

So is it like the 13th-19th? I’m so confused by this holiday.

Jun 20, 2020, 12:28 PM

I'm sure by now most of you have seen the photo op that Nancy Pelosi and other big name Dems posed for, where they took a knee on the beautiful marble floor (while social distancing) in their $5K suits?

The noticeable piece is the expensive silk kente cloth they all were wearing to show sympathy for the BLM and its participants.

It was a beautiful piece of symbolism.

Until you learn that the Ashanti people who developed that cloth were a people of much wealth, power and sophistication. And one of their primary trade goods was slaves from the interior of Africa. So the Dems' symbolism became irony. Nancy feels sympathy for the slave trader, not the slave.

Jun 20, 2020, 4:21 PM

A TD but no comment?

Cowardly.

No one keeps blacks down on the plantation like the Democratic Party. Just ask Ol Slow Joe: he thinks he has bought the black vote by his various quid pro quo deals over the years, so now it’s his turn for payback.

I’m not saying all Republicans see blacks as individuals either, but most of us do. Republicans don’t believe in “keeping” people. Either you believe in the same values as we do and work towards them, or you don’t.

I respect you. I’ll help you based on your need, not your skin color. I don’t get bonus points for helping someone of a different tone than myself.

The only people I disrespect are the panderers. I interact with hundreds of people every day: business owners, working people, poor people, traveling people. We all pass through the same doors, use the same bathrooms, park in the same spots (except the handicapped). We are less divided—by social strata—than any society in history. But yet we are very divided by our attitudes.

Why?

Jun 20, 2020, 4:39 PM

Herd mentality driven by corrupt media.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2020, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Juneteenth... ]

Your complete lack of understanding of modern American history is breathtaking.

Here, let me help:

the dems will make juneteenth...

Jun 21, 2020, 2:34 PM

A national holiday

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the dems will make juneteenth...

Jun 22, 2020, 1:50 PM

A national holiday

It's already a holiday in 42 states.

Jun 21, 2020, 9:17 PM

Felix2® is going to celebrate each Juneteenth by buying his own bona fide African Slave. Not really, but apparently you could if you wanted...

https://time.com/longform/african-slave-trade/

I'm not sure who should be more embarrassed.

Jun 21, 2020, 9:19 PM

You for posting this, or the 10 people who clicked TU for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic