Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Judge Keller report clears Brownell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

Judge Keller report clears Brownell

Mar 24, 2019, 5:39 PM

AP Wire:
At 5:30pm est Coach Brad Brownell was cleared of all wrong doing in the 2018/19 season and no wrong doing found the 9 years prior. Appointed rep Judge Keller Brownell commented on TigerNet.com “we definitely found collusion in the Basketball budget, the season we had to play in Greenville and lack of fan support but Coach Brownell lacked all knowledge of short comings of Clemson basketball. We ask for 10 more years to figure this out but will need a bigger budget and although next year will be worse we ask for a office for Coach that is the same size or bigger than William Swinney’s”.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Judge Keller report clears Brownell

Mar 24, 2019, 5:44 PM

??

Mar 24, 2019, 5:48 PM

Hahahahahahahaha. Good one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

He forgot to ask for a slide***

Mar 24, 2019, 5:49 PM

Re: He forgot to ask for a slide***

Mar 25, 2019, 2:20 PM

Now that is his fault bc there was one in the FB operations center that he could have used to go by for the BB center, in fact, if Brad had of been thinking, he would have had a slide that came down over the BB rim that could be easily move to the other end of the court at half time, and that would have help us to get some home wins!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He forgot to ask for a slide ***

Mar 24, 2019, 5:49 PM

Re: He forgot to ask for a slide ***

Mar 24, 2019, 6:00 PM

Seems to me they've been doing a lot of sliding lately.

Mar 24, 2019, 5:55 PM

Judge Keller is a legend on Tigernet! Being a newbie you might want to tread lightly and be careful when throwing stones at others on TNet. Especially legends like the Judge and others who know more about Clemson than many of us on this board.

Just FYI for future post!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2019, 5:57 PM

You should give me a TD and go find a safe space ..

Mar 24, 2019, 6:03 PM

How many screen names do you have ???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2019, 6:05 PM

Just 1 buddy.. sorry I’m not a “legend”.. I’m on TigerNet all the time but I hardly post . If thousands of posts defending continued mediocrity makes you a legend than you and Keller can be legends all day long .

Mar 24, 2019, 6:08 PM

Will I still be able to get into the Spring game for free if you drop me below 90 percent ?

Mar 24, 2019, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Judge Keller report clears Brownell ]

You hardly ever post, but when you do it’s to make fun of someone that you get to say I told you so to in a sarcastic way. I think you should go back to just reading the articles.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2019, 6:14 PM

I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings . What do you think the basketball record will be next year ?

Mar 24, 2019, 6:20 PM

You didn’t hurt my feelings. I was just giving you credit for the accomplishments of your post. Next year? I don’t know. Maybe we will have a new coach that will magically take us to the promise land and make those on the other side of the argument that think the problem with CU basketball is more than just the current coach finally say, you guys were right.

regardless . Judge wil get

Mar 24, 2019, 6:26 PM

The last laugh!

Re: regardless . Judge wil get

Mar 24, 2019, 7:34 PM

Well ####. I will probably still get up and go to work tomorrow morning just in case

Re: regardless . Judge wil get

Mar 24, 2019, 8:10 PM

I’ll do the same.

Mar 24, 2019, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Judge Keller report clears Brownell ]

Don’t let anybody on here stop you from speaking your opinion......whether they agree or disagree with you is their choice.....because somebody hasvbeen on Tnet forever does not make them right......because it is just their opinion...... Go Tigers!!!!!

Mar 24, 2019, 8:57 PM

Everybody’s got one, right? Like Leonidas said in 300, “there’s no reason we can’t be civil.”

Mar 25, 2019, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Judge Keller report clears Brownell ]

Mar 24, 2019, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Judge Keller report clears Brownell ]

And just think when you get enough td’s you will go away

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Mar 24, 2019, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Judge Keller report clears Brownell ]

And just think when you get enough td’s you will go away

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Safe place....suck it!!!!!!***

Mar 25, 2019, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Judge Keller report clears Brownell ]

Mar 24, 2019, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Judge Keller report clears Brownell ]

I’m ure he is a fine fella. But he settles for average Clemson basketball. That is not legendary in my book.

To quote a real legend, Deshaun Watson, “let’s go be legendary” and hire a basketball coach with recruiting prowess, coaching skills, charisma and the vision to make Clemson basketball a consistent winner.

You haven't been paying attention.

Mar 24, 2019, 8:58 PM

I'm not settling for anything when it comes to our basketball program. I think we need to win more. In fact, I think we should expect to make the NCAA Tournament every year. I have stated this multiple times.

Where we obviously disagree is that I don't think the coach is our main problem. Our biggest problem is lack of support from administration and fans. I don't think it's fair to expect Brownell or any other coach to make us a consistent tournament team when we spent so little on basketball and have such inconsistent fan support.

You want to hire a coach with "recruiting prowess, coaching skills, charisma and the vision to make Clemson basketball a consistent winner." How exactly do you expect Clemson to hire that coach when we currently aren't willing to pay for that kind of coach, nor provide him with the administrative or fan support needed to be successful?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: You haven't been paying attention.

Mar 24, 2019, 9:03 PM

How do you know how much that coach costs? There are plenty of great coaches that are happy with their jobs and make less than CBB? Jay Wright makes less than CBB. Its not like we dont pay a solid amount.

Mar 24, 2019, 9:13 PM

Usually you have to pay double for that kind of action.

Mar 25, 2019, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Re: You haven't been paying attention. ]

How much do you think Villanova is spending on their basketball program? How about TWICE what we are spending. 10 million is "direct" expenditures so that does not include any bonuses.

Clemson is an "average" spender. No, not average for a power conference, average for a D1 school including all the Big South, MV level conferences.

If you use Villanova as an example, keep in mind they are the "Clemson" football of basketball. They able to find a young coach, they were patient with him during some underwhelming years, were patient during good but not great years, and then he had this breakout run. They even gave him on a pass when he had a losing season in his 12 year or so. But here is the trick, they surrounded him with both resources and patience. Next, they have some unreal support for the basketball program.

Mar 26, 2019, 6:44 AM

CBB makes more than Jim Boeheim. We pay CBB way above the average. Your post is gibberish. We pay well. He is 29th in the nation in pay. That's not average. CBB probably makes more than 80% of the coaches in the tournament.

Mar 24, 2019, 10:19 PM [ in reply to You haven't been paying attention. ]

We pay 29th in the nation currently. We are getting 29th place results.

Clemson pays more than Syracuse, Notre Dame, NC State, UCLA and Florida. To me, that shows massive commitment from our administration with little to show for it.

Brownell is accountable. Barnes and Purnell did far better with much less commitment. They did have better fan support, I’ll give you that. But they earned it.

Mar 24, 2019, 10:38 PM

Why did those two coaches leave?

Mar 24, 2019, 11:17 PM

Ralley cat/RB-Great Coach

Mar 25, 2019, 11:53 AM

Rally Cat was one reason. He had one great recruiting class which he rode for four of the five years he was here. Then he lost 3 to dean smith and found out he couldn't recruit against UNC and Duke. You forget OP left suddenly in middle of night because he had no players for the next year and did nothing at DePaul. Cliff Ellis probably had best success of any coach in HISTORY because he could get big men but he left for greener pastures also.

Look at current scandal with pay to play by shoe companies and one and done for NBA. These guys are going to tradition schools to get exposure for NBA. This has ruined College basketball. If you run a clean program, forget the 5 stars...

Mar 24, 2019, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Re: You haven't been paying attention. ]

Ralley cat/RB-Great Coach

Brad just got the salary increase last year

Mar 24, 2019, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: You haven't been paying attention. ]

to put him in the top 30, after making it to the Sweet 16.

This season, we finished the regular season #35 in NET, not far off from 29th if you're wanting an accurate way to measure our team's performance. And that was despite losing 6 games this year by a combined 10 points. Not making excuses, but if even a couple of shots fell for us this season we would've been in the NCAAs and fans wouldn't be restless.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

"Not making excuses, but"....

Mar 25, 2019, 7:04 PM

LOLOLOL

Close only counts in horseshoes.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Mar 25, 2019, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Judge Keller report clears Brownell ]

People don’t care about that stuff anymore. It’s a NWO

I know Obama got a Nobel Prize BEFORE he actually did

Mar 24, 2019, 5:59 PM

anything as president, so maybe that's just how things are done now. But aren't coaches (and everyone else) supposed to get raises for actually excelling in their jobs, not get raises in hopes that they will?

Refresh my memory on Obama’s accomplishments

Mar 24, 2019, 6:17 PM

After he “won” the Nobel Prize

Re: Refresh my memory on Obama’s accomplishments

Mar 24, 2019, 7:42 PM

Nobama successfully convinced enough senators with his lies, payoffs, or blackmail that if you like your insurance policy, you can keep it. We'll, I liked my policy. I lost my policy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Refresh my memory on Obama’s accomplishments

Mar 24, 2019, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Refresh my memory on Obama’s accomplishments ]

Attempted to cripple the US militarily, appeased terrorists-key role in the origination of the arab spring which led to the rise of the muslim brotherhood(killing bin laden brought closure but he was a name weilded little at that juncture), UN-as if the UN wasn't efing the US nine ways to Sunday every day, all day; his treasonous approach to UN policy, while intentionally creating friction w/ valuable & sane allies(israel), increased the looting of the US via the UN tenfold. Intentional stagnation of energy markets through policy crafted by environmentalis t zealots-there are many more "accomplishments" & many we'll never be privy. But during his presidency, the construction of mosques soared, as did the muslim population mostly through migration. That's something, I guess.

Obama care. Everyone is now insured and it is cheaper.***

Mar 26, 2019, 2:17 AM [ in reply to Refresh my memory on Obama’s accomplishments ]

Mar 24, 2019, 7:35 PM

Did Judge Keller really write that? Seems fake.

Mar 24, 2019, 7:36 PM

Not yet but it’s a preview . He’s a “legend”

Mar 24, 2019, 8:40 PM

That's not good enough for me. I want Jerry Nads, leader of the Student Senate, to open an investigation. I think the fact that he was found not guilty of colluding to win a basketball game should not be the final say.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2019, 8:57 PM

I hate to keep defending the Judge, as I tend to disagree with every ounce of his BBall logic, but the Judge loves his TIGERS and that's good enough for me. He is welcome to say anything about them IMO. I simply disagree and that's what I'm allowed to do. So let's leave our brothers alone as we are CLEMSON family.

Someday, the Admin will tire of CBB and will make a move. I think highly of CBB as a person, but his inability to produce a quality, well-coached team is pretty obvious to most. Let's just wait on the Admin to wake up and smell the coffee, bless their heart.

Mar 24, 2019, 9:02 PM

I gave you number 10k because you did say that you respected JK’s love of our tigers though I happeno to agree with his stance on the program. Cheers!

Mar 25, 2019, 2:28 PM

I TU JK's post basically for the same reasons, he may or may not always be right, but he loves his Tigers, and he says what he believes, and that is TU worthy to me. And I do the same for a lot of posters on this site, each to their own!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2019, 7:02 PM

Well said. +1 from this handle.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2019, 7:15 PM

Spread the love man, dang, leaving me hanging!!!

I see zero good reason for some to continually...

Mar 25, 2019, 8:07 PM

...call out posters like Judge Keller. He clearly loves Clemson athletics and his posts are respectful and non-confrontational. You may disagree with him, and that is fine, but there is simply nothing positive that comes from posts like this. If the guy is being a jerk and negative trolling just for giggles, then have at him. But that's not the case here. This just seems a little mean-spirited and it's gotten out of hand in my opinion.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: I see zero good reason for some to continually...

Mar 26, 2019, 6:01 AM

Someone who goes on every single basketball thread on Tnet to argue their point against others is hardly as innocent as you’ve portrayed them to be.

Mar 26, 2019, 6:30 AM

fretiger said:

AP Wire:
At 5:30pm est Coach Brad Brownell was cleared of all wrong doing in the 2018/19 season and no wrong doing found the 9 years prior. Appointed rep Judge Keller Brownell commented on TigerNet.com “we definitely found collusion in the Basketball budget, the season we had to play in Greenville and lack of fan support but Coach Brownell lacked all knowledge of short comings of Clemson basketball. We ask for 10 more years to figure this out but will need a bigger budget and although next year will be worse we ask for a office for Coach that is the same size or bigger than William Swinney’s”.

Over the years, it’s arese wipes like you who drive away people from t-net who actually brings facts and information to the boards. Why put up with the ??....just not worth it

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic