Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Journalist Todd Starnes is Trashing Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Journalist Todd Starnes is Trashing Dabo

May 29, 2015, 10:12 AM

https://www.facebook.com/ToddStarnesFNC?fref=nf

I consider myself a Christian and a Conservative, but what I have noticed about this joker is he is a "Bomb-Thrower" that randomly attacks an issue without looking at the whole picture. He is no better than the liberal bomb throwers doing the same thing...

If he knew the man Dabo was and his personal story he would not be attacking him...

This guy needs his FB page blown up

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Journalist Todd Starnes is Trashing Dabo

May 29, 2015, 10:27 AM

You sir are over blowing it. I too am a conservative Christian, but to just say Dabo should have "stood his ground" is not an attack!

Tiger/Terrier

Why Not Add Some Of Dabo Positives to add some Context?

May 29, 2015, 10:50 AM

I don't feel it is a stretch at all....If "Todd" would have talked a little of the Man Dabo is, his story and how he impacts players and the community then I would not call it a stretch...but all he does is focus on one specific event and essentially calls Dabo a coward...

Sorry...We will have to agree to disagree

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Todddddd has no interest in context and background

May 29, 2015, 11:26 AM

He gets paid to push his persecution narrative, and is more than willing to lie or at a minimum, omit important details, as long as he can keep those Fox News checks rolling in. He might be one of the most debunked "commentators" on T.V.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C'mon now, Drew. Fox is fair and balanced.

May 29, 2015, 11:32 AM

Once the Great Liberal News Takeover of 2008 occurred, Fox luckily and bravely climbed out of the foxhole and has kept reporting the facts while the cloak of deceit is beaming into our TV sets from everyone else. God Bless Fox News.

I'm not getting sucked into that argument

May 29, 2015, 11:34 AM

Just know, regardless of you political leaning or television viewing habits, Todd Starnes is a proven liar who gets paid to lie.

You can give the truth a thumbs down

May 29, 2015, 11:48 AM

but it's still the truth.

How bout the persecution "narrative"

May 29, 2015, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Todddddd has no interest in context and background ]

In China, Middle East, Africa?

Which again

May 29, 2015, 11:34 AM

Has nothing to do with Todd Starnes being a proven liar.

Just making sure you know persecution

May 29, 2015, 11:36 AM

Is a very real thing for us Christians, luckily we in America dont face such severe persecution as others.

Oh, I agree, in certain parts of the world

May 29, 2015, 11:38 AM

Christians are persecuted. I will not argue against that point, because it is true.

America is not one of those places, and Todd Starnes is still a liar.

I think you guys persecute each other

May 29, 2015, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Just making sure you know persecution ]

here in the States more than anything. Trying to outChristian each other....there is literally no reason for a Christian to feel persecuted in America. Like Drew is pointing out, people like this Starnes fella does his best though to convince you otherwise.

I think calling that an "attack" on Swinney

May 29, 2015, 10:29 AM

is quite a stretch. All he said is that Dabo should have stood his ground. Posters here have said the same thing. He didn't say anything negative about Dabo.

He's just trying to sell more copies of his books***

May 29, 2015, 10:30 AM

Re: Journalist Todd Starnes is Trashing Dabo

May 29, 2015, 10:39 AM

This is an outrage. Send him to Detroit!!!!

How dare this man have the nerve to state that Dabo should not have caved under the pressure.

Wait that is a general consensus on this board by the other haters posing as Christians.

Send everyone to Detroit!!!

I also think he should have stood his ground

May 29, 2015, 10:43 AM

Im a little disappointed in him, but im still All In with coach.

opinions are like aholes..and aholes have lots of opinions***

May 29, 2015, 10:43 AM

Honestly, I see it more as an attack on the

May 29, 2015, 10:46 AM

bully LGTB militants. And, rightfully so.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Poor Christians....

May 29, 2015, 11:03 AM

If they are outspoken, they are vilified. If they stay silent, they are vilified by many of their own. I can't think of a tougher road for anyone in this country right now than the Christian. And just think, the sleeper cell Muslim takeover hasn't even fully shown itself yet....just waiting on the go sign from Obama.

We were told it is a narrow road by Jesus himself.***

May 29, 2015, 11:19 AM

Plus, John 16:33***

May 29, 2015, 11:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Here is some solid reading on Toddddddd

May 29, 2015, 11:09 AM

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/christandpopculture/2013/12/todd-starnes-sold-us-a-war-on-christianity-we-bought-it/

Re: Here is some solid reading on Toddddddd

May 29, 2015, 11:13 AM

Hmm a Christian spreading lies and exaggerations to further their biased agendas. Never seen that before LOL.

Re: Here is some solid reading on Toddddddd

May 29, 2015, 11:15 AM

I'm sure I can find a few atheists that have lied. Well actually just the whole concept of atheism is a lie.

annnnd, that still has no bearing on Todd Starnes***

May 29, 2015, 11:17 AM

Re: annnnd, that still has no bearing on Todd Starnes***

Sorry I meant to reply to atlantatigre

The idea is now you post something

May 29, 2015, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Here is some solid reading on Toddddddd ]

that actually puts a name and an example to what you speak of. Atheists lie, too! is hard hitting info but TNetters strive for more.

Just as an example of Todddddd's work

May 29, 2015, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Here is some solid reading on Toddddddd ]

Todddd on the VA getting rid of Christmas cards b/c of christian content:

"Boys and girls at Grace Academy in Prosper, Tex., spent most of last Friday making homemade Christmas cards for bedridden veterans at the VA hospital in Dallas.
Fourth-grader Gracie Brown was especially proud of her card. . . . But the bedridden veterans at the VA hospital will never get to see Gracie’s card. Nor will they see the cards made by 51 other students. That’s because the Christmas cards violated VA policy."

Todddddon quoting the VA's response to his article:

"Boys and girls at Grace Academy in Prosper, Tex., spent most of last Friday making homemade Christmas cards for bedridden veterans at the VA hospital in Dallas.
Fourth-grader Gracie Brown was especially proud of her card. . . . But the bedridden veterans at the VA hospital will never get to see Gracie’s card. Nor will they see the cards made by 51 other students. That’s because the Christmas cards violated VA policy."

What the VA actually said:

"In order to be respectful of our Veterans religious beliefs, all donated holiday cards are reviewed by a multi-disciplinary team of staff led by Chaplaincy services and determined if they are appropriate (non-religious) to freely distribute to patients. After the review is complete, the holiday cards that reference religious and/or secular tones are then distributed by Chaplaincy Service on a one-on-one basis if the patient agrees to the religious reference in the holiday card donation. The holiday cards that do not contain religious and/or secular tones are distributed freely to patients across the Health Care System. We regret this process was not fully explained to this group and apologize for any misunderstanding."

Note how Todddd removed the part of the quote that didn't help his persecution narrative. Toddddddddd Starnes is liar.

Haha, the guy who thumbs down all of my posts is back***

May 29, 2015, 11:50 AM

null

Message was edited by: drewtigeralum03®

Jeez, one look at that Starnes fella tells

May 29, 2015, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Here is some solid reading on Toddddddd ]

me child #### charges are in his future. He has every stereotypical feature to him. The folksy smile, the pale skin, the combover....dood looks like a child fiddler.

Where is this so called trashing?

All i see is this "Now - I want to address the people of faith listening to this commentary. Folks - you've gotta stop surrendering. Coach Swinney should've stood his ground."

That's not exactly a trashing.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic