Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Josh Belk UPDATE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Josh Belk UPDATE

Sep 9, 2019, 7:48 AM

Josh Belk puts out a YouTube video telling his story. According to him he had a back fracture & was being forced to workout-Muschamp threatened to take away his scholarship & basically forced him out.

https://youtu.be/F7GQVDBKw8M

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Josh Belk UPDATE

Sep 9, 2019, 7:51 AM

If true that is a very bad look!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 7:54 AM

At some point in time, CLEMSON players will finally realize that transferring to UofSuc is a no-win scenario. Sad but true.

Stunned, I tell you I am Stunned, Stunned is the only word

Sep 9, 2019, 8:13 AM

to use. Stunned

Sep 9, 2019, 8:14 AM

Seems like a nice guy but was never really ready to put his total self into being a great player.Had all the tools .Injuries have to be dealt with ,and if what he says is correct, His wasn’t.It don’t seem to bother him that he no longer plays, so I’m not going to let it bother me.He is happy so let it be.

Sep 9, 2019, 8:22 AM

I feel strongly there are felonies being committed somewhere in this story if true.

Sep 9, 2019, 8:24 AM

This does not seem at all out of character for the SCAR college lamecock program, now or in the recent past. Lou Holtz was a cheater of the first degree. His exploits have been well documented. Read: Under the Tarnished Dome. Why any mother in her right mind would allow her son to attend that dump is beyond my comprehension.

Sad..

Sep 9, 2019, 8:35 AM

This young man needed/needs a person to give him guidance & advice..good & honest advice.

He has wasted what could have been a super college experience but maybe it's not too late..even at a smaller college.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sad..

Sep 9, 2019, 8:57 AM

This is why I don’t pay that much attention to the number of stars a recruit has. I trust our coaches to make the right decision. It is hard to determine how much heart and desire a kid has until you get to know him and see him on the practice field.

I know we signed him, but Dabo seems to have a way to weed out the bass ones. No matter how much talent they have. Examples are Josh Belk and Mike Belamey. This is way we don’t go after every top recruit. We are fortunate to have smart coaches with Character and integrity. And no matter what anybody says I think Dabo has every right to say he runs a Christian program. It’s his right because we have freedom of speech. If the recruit is not into that they can always go to another school.

Josh Belk was never a good Clemson fit, IMO. I am not sure he knows what he wants. Using Feaster and the Joyner kid as examples, recruit’s should realize SC coaches may not be totally honest during their recruitment of players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LIghTsOuTRobby some people dont enjoy football at the next level...

Sep 10, 2019, 6:48 AM [ in reply to Sad.. ]

But I wouldn't expect a yankee from Hilton head w Alzheimer's like urself to understand

i was gonna say you better get a degree somewhere or you'll

Sep 9, 2019, 8:44 AM

be sorry in about 10 years...but he said he's a diesel mechanic.. if he's good he'll have plenty of work in the future.

Sep 9, 2019, 8:59 AM

One of the comments from a gamecock fan on his page:

"SO We have had hundreds of injuries during the time Muschamp has been coach and NONE of them have said anything like this, fact is you quit from multiple teams because you were fat and lazy and didn't want to put in work, now your 15 minutes are up and you're trying to play the victim to be relevant. Muschamp doesn't owe you anything, the world doesn't owe you anything, grow up and move on. Enjoy your career at McDonald's."

What a POS.

Muschamp has proven to be a POS and Belk is just basically stamping that into history.

Sep 9, 2019, 9:36 AM

I get we all want to crap on SCar and Muschamp as much as possible, but Josh Belk has basically no credibility. Muschamp has been a coach for a long and there's not a single former player who has even remotely indicated that he pushed them to work out in a capacity that would exacerbate an injury at risk of losing their scholarship. Only a fool would blindly believe Belk after all the weird crap that's gone down with him over the last 2 years.

there is nothing in his past that would indicate he is lying

Sep 9, 2019, 10:24 AM

about this - None of this is hard to believe.

He sounds like a pretty good kid actually. Clears up a lot for me. Sure with his ability folks should have pushed him some to try football and getting a scholarship but college is not for everyone and if he's not going to make it in the NFL then he is better off pursing what he likes. Diesel Mechanics make good $ and that is in demand job with good growth opp.

Are you serious?

Sep 10, 2019, 8:04 AM

His pattern of behavior absolutely suggests he would lie.

Sep 10, 2019, 7:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Josh Belk UPDATE ]

Well said 22334,the kid quit 3 schools in basically one year .

Young JC Penney better have some proof of his claims, or

Sep 9, 2019, 10:00 AM

he may very quickly find out what the legal definition of "slander" means when the Chicken lawyers knock on the door of his truck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Young JC Penney better have some proof of his claims, or

Sep 9, 2019, 10:34 AM

Depends on how much dirt he kept in his pocket while sprinkling this out..

Sep 9, 2019, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Young JC Penney better have some proof of his claims, or ]

Would just make the narrative worse if you start attacking a kid even if he’s not being honest.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

My thought exactly. No way UofSC goes after him.

Sep 9, 2019, 12:35 PM

THAT would be a horrible look.

As it stands, I’m not in the business of defending Muschamp, but I just have a very hard time imagining any college coach telling a guy with a broken back that he has to do something that would injure him further.

I CAN see the UofSC coaches saying that he has to do some sort of training program that would help him stay somewhat fit and keep the weight down while his back heals. And I CAN see him misconstruing that and thinking they were putting him at risk (especially when he get himself on their watch).

This just looks like an unfortunate story for Belk. I’m glad he still has his plan in place...it doesn’t sound like pro football would have been in his mind and he wasn’t going to college for any specific dream job, so he could still go on to be very successful
In his chosen profession. Although I imagine diesel mechanic isn’t easy if you get too big.

null

Sep 10, 2019, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Young JC Penney better have some proof of his claims, or ]

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/carolina/south-carolina-responds-to-josh-belk-s-claims-of-threat/article_58967646-d32c-11e9-9ee5-57ccf270b8fc.html

Well, guess he can be smart, listen to this, and we'll see soon enough how "honest" that story really is.

"If Belk had a medical condition that was forcing him from the game, he didn’t have to lose a scholarship. He would have been able to stay at USC, his education paid for, and not count toward the football team’s scholarship limit."

"If his story is true, it would seem he would have the makings of a solid lawsuit against the coaching staff and/or USC, and since he was represented by a lawyer when he asked for his release from Clemson, he clearly knows a lawyer."

Uh oh...

Sep 9, 2019, 10:29 AM

If he had not lied and left Clemson and gave full effort he would probably be starting now. Sorry but he brought this all upon himself.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve seen folks tweeting the video to sapakoff

Sep 9, 2019, 11:19 AM

and asking him to investigate and see if it’s true. Although, I’m not sure that sapacoot would thoroughly investigate anything negative against the coots.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’ve seen folks tweeting the video to sapakoff

Sep 9, 2019, 11:58 AM

Any chance the timing behind this is not a coincidence? Maybe some people with ties to that school want him to release this to get it investigated? Maybe a way to void the head coach's contract without paying that huge buyout? I like conspiracies.

Re: I’ve seen folks tweeting the video to sapakoff

Sep 10, 2019, 7:59 AM [ in reply to I’ve seen folks tweeting the video to sapakoff ]

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/carolina/south-carolina-responds-to-josh-belk-s-claims-of-threat/article_58967646-d32c-11e9-9ee5-57ccf270b8fc.html

Sep 9, 2019, 11:34 AM

Hmm.. he actually sounds fairly believable though it's obviously from his own viewpoint. He only has nice things to say about Clemson. He admits to getting fat and out of shape. I assume that his physical/medical condition would be easily confirmed. What will be hard to prove is whether he was told to work out or leave.

Sep 9, 2019, 12:05 PM

Seems like a good kid that had nothing but good things to say about Clemson. The kids Mom was sick and he made a rash move by transferring. USUK treated him like ####, hopefully things work out for him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven't listened to the video, but that doesn't add up

Sep 10, 2019, 8:02 AM

If the kid truly had a back fracture the medical staff would intervene. Those things are taken out of the coaches hands and, if they aren't, the entire program needs to be scrutinized.

Sep 10, 2019, 10:56 AM

Every big person is not a football player no more than every tall player a basketball player. He said it right at the beginning of the video that he never really wanted to play football. He just wanted to be a diesel mechanic. Nothing wrong with that.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic