Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jordan Burch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Jordan Burch

Jun 22, 2019, 11:24 AM

maybe Germans since I dont keep up with recruiting like I used to but I heard today from a big Clemson guy that SCar hired Jordan Burch's mom. Any truth to this?? Is this another Nkemdiche situation and how is this not against NCAA rules? Our recruiting class this year is already awesome but Burch would be a great addition if the coots dont cheat to get him. GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jordan Burch

Jun 22, 2019, 11:35 AM

I do know that his family does read message boards so be careful what you put out. The rule wasn't passed, I don't think, before Nkemdiche situation. As far as I know it is illegal to hire a family member or coach for any position. So I doubt that is true. Seriously though let's not be a fan base that drags recruit's parents into the fold. I doubt anyone here would appreciate someone talking about their loved ones whether good or not so let's do the same for recruits. The last thing anyone here would want is for a prospect to choose another school because of message board fodder. I can't stop anyone from posting what they want but I can tell you his mom definitely reads message boards.

Jun 22, 2019, 11:42 AM

Got to get the rumor right. The rumor is his mom took a good job and a construction company in Columbia that is owned by a UofSC grad which is within the rules. I don’t know the truth of this rumor but I do know first hand this is what UofSC did in Rock Hill in the past and how they locked down that area. This worked until it came out and the guy in Rock Hill was no longer allowed to be around the program as a booster.

Not a USC grad, but a booster.***

Jun 22, 2019, 2:07 PM

Amen ME08!

Jun 23, 2019, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch ]

Nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2019, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch ]

Im not bad mouthing anyone so I hope it didnt come across that way. I have met Jordan in the past and he seems like a great young man. This rumor just caught me by surprise and I hope its not true. Looking forward to a great class and fun season. GO TIGERS!

Re: really wish I could point more right here

Jun 22, 2019, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch ]

Tigernet is a small, small taste of this though.

Twitter is complete trash. Amazing what grown men will spew to a kid with an open keyboard.

Embarrassing

Re: really wish I could point more right here

Jun 23, 2019, 8:28 AM

It's easy for people to say on line what they wouldn't say in the public eye when they are nameless and faceless in cyber space to most on line users bc, most on line users don't have the program technology to trace people down to their homes, and that is the reason they feel free to spew their garbage in cyber space!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you gave up following recruiting for spreading rumors?

Jun 22, 2019, 12:15 PM

Honestly, seems more of the same.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2019, 12:30 PM

If you work for a business in SC, there's a decent chance the owner is either a grad or fan of USC or Clemson. It doesn't mean anything. The new rule is that a school can't hire a relative or coach of a recruit, something like 2 years before and 2 years after their signing year, unless the new job is as an on-field coach. Or more properly, the school can't recruit a player connected to somebody they have hired recently, unless the hire is a full-time assistant coach.

It's the reason Dabo can't work high school coaches at his camps anymore, and it's starting to really affect high school coaches who want to move up. Mickey Conn and Kyle Richardson were both hired as analysts before the new rule. A group of high school coaches need to sue the NCAA over this rule - the only way they can move up is if the college declines to recruit anyone from their school for a few years.

didn't Zion's mpm get a job at Duke U hospital ur some

Jun 22, 2019, 4:37 PM

thing

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2019, 2:49 PM

He is going to Alabama's Champions Cookout

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Alabama-Football-Recruiting-Nations-No-1-player-Jordan-Burch-visiting-Tide--133079223/

Shouldn't the Champion's Cookout be in Clemson?

Jun 23, 2019, 8:52 AM

Champions ? Cookout? Everyone's stealing our thunder.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shouldn't the Champion's Cookout be in Clemson?

Jun 23, 2019, 6:55 PM

You got that right ??

Jun 22, 2019, 3:01 PM

If you are really a Clemson fan why would you post a rumor which puts Clemson in a bad light? Best to simply let this fine young man work through the process. Hopefully he will choose CU but if not wish him the best and move on. Posting 3rd hand rumors on a public message board which the family may read is beyond dumb.

They've been doing that for years...

Jun 22, 2019, 3:19 PM

(i.e., arranging jobs for parents of a recruit in order to secure the commitment of a player) and it's not an NCAA violation as long as the person is fully qualified for the job and the salary is commensurate with the position and experience. In other words, they can't pay her $100,000 a year for driving a Uof5C student shuttle bus back and forth to Five Points at 2:00 AM, although she would probably be entitled to combat pay.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jun 22, 2019, 3:22 PM

Dabo and Company have got this. Jordan will come to Clemson if it fits and he won't if it doesn't.

We go after the elite in this country, but for some it's not the fit they would like. No harm no foul.

Jun 22, 2019, 3:33 PM

Wont be end of the world if we dont get him

Who cares?

Jun 22, 2019, 4:18 PM

At this point it’s clear which school has the superior football program. It’s clear which program is elite, and which program is mediocre. If a player would select a mediocre program for any reason (mama got a job, bagman $$, better weed, whatever), then Clemson is better off without them. We don’t have to pay off players or they mamas... the opportunity to play here is incentive enough to attract the best players to Clemson. For dummies, that’s not enough. Need tangible proof of that? See Robert Nkemdiche.

Message was edited by: Flying Tiger®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who cares?

Jun 22, 2019, 4:23 PM

Who, this guy? We were fortunate to miss out on this player:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2019/06/20/robert-nkemdiche-arizona-cardinals-arrest-2019-status/1514691001/

Re: Who cares?

Jun 22, 2019, 7:19 PM

So are you comparing Burch to that guy? Seems like a big slight to Burch given the upstanding reputation of him and his family.

Don’t know what is wrong with our fans. Our coaches are trying to lure in a skittish kitten and you guys are running around screaming and waving your arms

Well put!

Jun 23, 2019, 3:46 PM

Trashing Nkemdiche serves no purpose-

Jun 23, 2019, 8:15 AM

I really do feel that, if a recruit regardless of who they are, if they make their decision of what school they're going to bc of something they didn't like being said on the message board of the school he rejects. Then that particular recruit isn't very smart, or they have a very bad sense of judgement bc there isn't anyway to actually know what fan base the crap talkers are actually a true fan of. If I was a recruit, I would make my decision on what a school was offering along with that scholarship offer, and how the coaches, players, and student at the school I had interest in was treating me when I'm on campus at that school. That and that only is what any recruit should base their decision on. If they use what's being said on a message board to make their decision, they didn't want to be at that school to begin with, and they were just using up all their free visits to other schools. Most of those kids know that fans from other school attempt to turn them away from all schools but their own. They are called a message board for a reason, and the right and wrong messages will come from them all!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2019, 8:31 AM

I really do feel that, if a recruit regardless of who they are, if they make their decision of what school they're going to bc of something they didn't like being said on the message board of the school he rejects. Then that particular recruit isn't very smart, or they have a very bad sense of judgement bc there isn't anyway to actually know what fan base the crap talkers are actually a true fan of. If I was a recruit, I would make my decision on what a school was offering along with that scholarship offer, and how the coaches, players, and student at the school I had interest in was treating me when I'm on campus at that school. That and that only is what any recruit should base their decision on. If they use what's being said on a message board to make their decision, they didn't want to be at that school to begin with, and they were just using up all their free visits to other schools. Most of those kids know that fans from other school attempt to turn them away from all schools but their own. They are called a message board for a reason, and the right and wrong messages will come from them all!!!

You missed the point. Recruits don’t choose a school because of message board fodder but opposing coaches use it to negatively recruit against Clemson. Muscoot has grad assistants following this message board. He plants a seed then uses actual posts to show the recruits family he is not making it up. At the end of the day will it matter? Perhaps when it really close and the recruit is located in Columbia. You can certainly post what you want by why would you when it can only help the coots?

Interesting point

Jun 23, 2019, 12:48 PM

I see posts all the time with a recruit's name as the title, and often wonder why people are incessantly posting about these recruits. The recruits are going through the process and will pick the school that is the best fit for them. If that's Clemson then that's awesome, and if not that's fine too.

Jun 23, 2019, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch ]

"You missed the point. Recruits don’t choose a school because of message board fodder but opposing coaches use it to negatively recruit against Clemson. Muscoot has grad assistants following this message board. He plants a seed then uses actual posts to show the recruits family he is not making it up. At the end of the day will it matter? Perhaps when it really close and the recruit is located in Columbia. You can certainly post what you want by why would you when it can only help the coots? "

Dang - now you have gone and gave away our secret that we've been using for years to out recruit the coots. Should I stop posting on FGF as a coot now? You have exposed my double-agent secret identity now.

Jun 23, 2019, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch ]

No, it wouldn't necessarily be the reason but could be one of many factors, could inform the perspective of his inner circle, could affect him subconsciously, etc.

Jun 23, 2019, 12:52 PM

This kid is a heck of player and I hope he is a future tiger. However, he has to make the decision which he feels is best for him and his family and I respect that.

Could it possibly hurt or help recruiting?

Jun 23, 2019, 3:37 PM

Openly discussing a rumor involving a recruit's family members on a public board, as a means to confirm the rumor; what you claim to seek cannot be found here.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic