Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
John Williams 2020 OT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

John Williams 2020 OT

Dec 12, 2018, 4:52 PM

got bumped to a 4* on Rivals today

4 4* Olinemen for 2020 class if anyone cares...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: John Williams 2020 OT

Dec 12, 2018, 5:05 PM

I'm not as worried with our OL recruiting as everyone else. We don't bring in very many blue chippers but we got 1 in Mitch Hyatt 4 years ago and got 1 last year in Carman. That's not a lot in that span but Mitch was able to anchor that side for 4 years and I'm hoping Carman can fill that void seamlessly more another 3 years. We don't have 5* lineman in the queue but we have 4th and 5th year JRs and SRs that can get the job done.

Dec 12, 2018, 5:58 PM

im most worried about dline and safeties now. we losing a couple 5 stars in dex and christian, three 4 stars in clelin, Austin, and Albert. as of now we only have four three stars committed on the dline and a four star and three 3 stars coming in at safety

Dabo & Staff recruited them, I'll take their opinion

Dec 12, 2018, 6:02 PM

over yours ,if you don't mind.

https://www.tigernet.com/view/scholarships/football.do

You seem to worry a lot...

Dec 12, 2018, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: John Williams 2020 OT ]

You seem to be constantly fretting over our recruiting and not getting enough good players. How long is it going to take you to figure out that our coaches are great recruiters. We’ve been in the top 5 FOUR YEARS IN A ROW. Our coaches have proven they can recruit AND develop blue chip talent. Seriously, what is your problem man? What does it take to convince you??

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2018, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: John Williams 2020 OT ]

Both starting safeties return, and we’re sogning 4 more including Charleston who is the highest ranked safety to come here in a long time. Going to get Tyler Davis who will contribute next year, Tayquan Johnson is close to a college body who needs to refine technique, Reuben and Ruke are going to need a year or two but have great potential.

Look at more than just the stars

Dec 12, 2018, 8:23 PM

Agree on all fronts here, but I understand the worry as well. How many of our All Americans/stars over that span were three star players? DW, Clelin, Dex, TL, KB, CW, Mullen, Hyatt, Etienne, Feaster, Lawson, Gallman, Higgins, Mike W, Artavis, Mackensie, etc etc etc all 4-5 stars. Dodd was an outlier as an upperclassman, Beasley and Grady before him and a few others. Totally agree the coaches know what they’re doing, but I can’t hate on people who look at stars as those players have a higher historical likelihood of success early and often.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2018, 8:30 PM

I’m not saying stars don’t matter because they’ve certainly been proven to matter. The more blue chip recruits on your team, the more likely you are to win a title. We also have plenty of studs coming in in this class and are about to add more.

This just wasn’t a great DL class overall and most of the big names weren’t in our normal geography/there wasn’t a mutual connection between player and staff or we just got beat on some guys. But the guys we’re bringing in all have impressive offer sheets, and would normally be 4*’s but they’re raw and 2 of them haven’t played much football and are still learning the game. Due to how big of a class we’re taking we are able to bring those guys in this year when we normally can’t. Don’t be surprised if Ruke and Reuben are 2 of the better DT’s on the roster by 2021

Dec 13, 2018, 1:07 AM

Thanks for the insight! I hope you’re right, they certainly all have the potential. I really like Tayquon Johnson too. Athletic and built like a wrestler.

Dec 12, 2018, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Re: John Williams 2020 OT ]

There are very few 5* OL as compared to WRs, RBs, and Dls. OLs must be developed and we have done an excellent job there.

Dec 12, 2018, 6:15 PM

I saw John Williams once. In DC. Thought he was a legend. I would rate his talent as 5 star.

https://youtu.be/pL6OxCyu2mc

Dec 12, 2018, 6:47 PM

I care, thanks; your recruiting knowledge & info has been missed.

Dec 12, 2018, 8:00 PM

Who’s the 4th?

Dec 12, 2018, 8:45 PM

My bad

Re: 3

Dec 12, 2018, 8:50 PM

Was making sure I hadn’t missed a commit somewhere. Would’ve made a pleasant surprise though

Does this news scare off some of our 2019 prospects?

Dec 12, 2018, 8:07 PM

If it does, good for us.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2018, 8:13 PM

Thanks for this. Honestly the only thing I’m worried about at all is DT. Frankly I feel like we’re so much more thin there than OL.

Dec 12, 2018, 8:37 PM

what service are you looking at? According to rivals we have two 4* and one 3* OL. 1 4*LB and 1 4* DT.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Composite has Parks a 4 star

Dec 12, 2018, 8:42 PM

https://247sports.com/player/walker-parks-46043254/

Dec 12, 2018, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Re: John Williams 2020 OT ]

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/john-williams-216189

And composite

Dec 12, 2018, 8:50 PM

Yes Parks is 4*