Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
John Brennan: Expert Shark Jumper
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

John Brennan: Expert Shark Jumper

Jul 16, 2018, 1:17 PM

https://news.grabien.com/story-john-brennan-trumps-press-conference-impeachable-offense-tre

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's time to start considering...

Jul 16, 2018, 1:24 PM

Trump an enemy and potential traitor to our country, and those of you who blindly support him need to be eyed with suspicion as well.

Yeah, I mean that. This president just sided with our enemy over our intelligence community.

He must be removed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

in the spring of 2000

Jul 16, 2018, 1:31 PM

I authored a research paper wherein I argued that we should improve our relations with Russia at the expense of China. I argued that this would put pressure on red China in much the same way Kissinger's grand design put pressure on communist Russia with the opening of China. I think that is still true today and it has nothing to do with Trump.

Since 2000, China has only grown in power, in large part due to the trade imbalance with the US. In the mean time, we have time and time again alienated Russia. The failures of Versailles are being again revisited in the post-cold war Eastern Europe and Russia. A truly America First agenda would have seen Russia regain its traditional, nearly 1000 year history, spheres of influence and we could have strengthened ties with a friend.

I'm much more concerned about hoards of illegal immigrants flooding across our southern border than I am with a few million impoverished Russians.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: in the spring of 2000

Jul 16, 2018, 1:38 PM

You are missing the point, and I don't think you watched the press conference.

Trump just stood on foreign soil next to a dictator and an enemy of America, and he praised him, said he was innocent of any election meddling, and then threw our intelligence community under the bus.

Our president trashed fellow Americans who work to keep our country safe, and he did while standing next to a dictator who wants to see America fall.

Defend it, and don't bring up any other red herrings like immigration or something else irrelevant.

Either defend it or denounce it. It's that simple.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Calling Putin a "dictator" is so ridiculously hyperbolic

Jul 16, 2018, 9:04 PM

Just step outside the mainstream news every once in a while. Ask yourself how much you actually know about their political process that is outside of mainstream news and think-tanks and be honest with yourself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_presidential_election,_2018

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C'mon, dude...

Jul 16, 2018, 11:12 PM

We've been through this.

-He rose to power through an appointment.
-His elections are a sham and riddled with fraud.
-He has had political opponents and journalists murdered.
-He is a former KGB mastermind.
-He has ruled Russia since 1999. Almost 20 years.

Explain to me exactly how he's not a brutal dictator, especially the parts where he murdered opponents.

Re: C'mon, dude...

Jul 18, 2018, 12:19 PM

-He rose to power through an appointment.
So do our Presidents. Lots got their notoriety due to appointments. Like, more than half. Why does that matter?And (almost) because of marriage (Clinton), or the family they were born into(Bush). Or because they are demagogues. (Trump)

-His elections are a sham and riddled with fraud.
How are you confident about this? The OSCE (international observer) said that the political discourse was "overly controlled" but when on to say that "the Central ElectionCommission (CEC) administered the election efficiently and openly." Doesn't sound like your phrase is too accurate. Obviously, they would prefer a more open environment for opposing voices, but calling it a sham riddled with fraud is simply not accurate. Again, I would ask you to consider the depth of your experience with the topic and if it justifies such strong language.

-He has had political opponents and journalists murdered.
Prove it. There is just as much evidence than Hillary Clinton had people offed. Plus, it is a historical fact that we have politicians assassinated.

-He is a former KGB mastermind.
Are you a screenplay writer or something? MASTERMIND? lol. So dramatic. George Bush I was the former head (mastermind) of the CIA. Same thing.

-He has ruled Russia since 1999. Almost 20 years.
FDR "ruled" for 12 years. Emergencies tend to do that. I think FDR was a legitimate leader, though I am glad we have term limits. Someone "ruling" for 20 years does not make them a murderous dictator.

Jul 16, 2018, 1:54 PM [ in reply to in the spring of 2000 ]

That was well argued then and I would say it's a salient argument today. Unfortunately the Russians have been attacking us of late. We need to deal with that first.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2018, 8:32 PM [ in reply to in the spring of 2000 ]

I authored a research paper wherein I argued

Welp, that settles it for me. Since Alex wrote a paper, Trump's great, what he did today is okay everybody!
Just move along and keep looking for some woman who isn't president's emails, and perhaps some pizza.

Seriously, if you're still defending that orange ahole at this point, you've got some fundamental neurological issue or you hate this country. No joke.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2018, 9:50 PM

So you follow up his reasoned thoughts with your imbecilic drivel? Great.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, fall for the immigration smoke screen

Jul 16, 2018, 8:49 PM [ in reply to in the spring of 2000 ]

There is no immigration crisis. There is a looming constitutional crisis.

uh-oh

Jul 17, 2018, 12:15 AM

You’re falling for the constitutional crisis smoke screen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ummmm....

Jul 16, 2018, 2:13 PM [ in reply to It's time to start considering... ]

Israel and Iran say hello....

You could say JUST THE SAME THING about making a deal with the world's #1 sponsor of terrorism and forking over billions to them, or undermining the free election taking place in one of our longest and most important allies in the Middle East.

Just sayin...

Looney works both ways.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, ah, okay, we're playing another "But Obama" card.

Jul 16, 2018, 2:17 PM

Cool. Cool. Dismiss this atrocity today with a "But Obama."

I can do it too: But Obama isn't our president right now. But Obama didn't throw our intelligence community under the bus today and side with an enemy dictator. But Obama isn't the one raising suspicions everywhere that he is in Putin's pocket to bring our country to our knees. But Obama doesn't have both Republicans and Democrats in Congress denouncing him today for his actions. But Obama can't harm us with Russia right now.

But Obama.

I seem to recall our intelligence community was last thrown

Jul 16, 2018, 2:57 PM

under the table when Bush 2 used their intelligence to invade Iraq. Same people today are holy and beyond reproach in the Russian collusion investigation.

Don't thrown stones in a glass house.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I seem to recall our intelligence community was last thrown

Jul 16, 2018, 3:03 PM

Tiggity® said:

under the table when Bush 2 used their intelligence to invade Iraq. Same people today are holy and beyond reproach in the Russian collusion investigation.

So you're saying that because the CIA bungled the Iraq War they can't be right now about Russia election meddling?

Or are you saying that those who criticized the CIA 30 years ago cannot say they believe them now?

That makes no sense.

Bush 2. 2003. 15 years ago***

Jul 16, 2018, 3:41 PM

Oct 23, 2021, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Re: I seem to recall our intelligence community was last thrown ]

Are you saying Russian meddling in our election did not justify the end?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2018, 10:09 PM [ in reply to I seem to recall our intelligence community was last thrown ]

Tiggity® said:

The report from our intelligence community said this:

"the intelligence community concluded that Iraq "probably has renovated a [vaccine] production plant" to manufacture biological weapons "but we are unable to determine whether [biological weapons] agent research has resumed." The NIE also said Hussein did not have "sufficient material" to manufacture any nuclear weapons and "the information we have on Iraqi nuclear personnel does not appear consistent with a coherent effort to reconstitute a nuclear weapons program."

Which was exactly correct.

The Bush administration misconstrued that.

But whatever helps you reconcile your love for a traitor and hatred of the US, Tiggity.

Bush admin cooked that data.

Jul 16, 2018, 11:09 PM [ in reply to I seem to recall our intelligence community was last thrown ]

Not our intel community.

This is an incredibly dumb post. You're better than this***

Jul 17, 2018, 9:14 AM [ in reply to I seem to recall our intelligence community was last thrown ]

Re: Oh, ah, okay, we're playing another "But Obama" card.

Jul 18, 2018, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Oh, ah, okay, we're playing another "But Obama" card. ]

Please explain how in the ##### Russia could possibly in Putin's wildest dreams bring our country to it's knees outside of a overwhelming first nuclear strike that we were somehow unable to defend against? You are a drama queen.

yeah but he's a GOD and trump is hitler***

Jul 16, 2018, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Ummmm.... ]

Re: Ummmm....

Jul 16, 2018, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Ummmm.... ]

Well, Iran hasn't interfered with our most cherished right, at least not yet. And the money we gave them was actually money we had frozen in 1979 for taking our embassy hostage. In other words, it was their money anyhow. And Israel...well, we've had an interesting relationship with them. We sentenced Jonathan Pollard to 30 years in prison for espionage on behalf of Israel.

But be that as it may, I will agree with you that there is plenty of loony on all sides. :)

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/21/world/jonathan-pollard-released.html

Lol. Not worth commenting on.***

Jul 19, 2018, 6:48 AM [ in reply to Ummmm.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so you're doubling down on that, huh?

Jul 16, 2018, 4:38 PM [ in reply to It's time to start considering... ]

How about the coup he's going to throw?

Purporting to overthrow the Presidency?

Jul 16, 2018, 4:43 PM [ in reply to It's time to start considering... ]

Sounds treasonous.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Calling Russia the enemy is crazy. It's brainwashing.***

Jul 16, 2018, 8:33 PM [ in reply to It's time to start considering... ]

He’s on a roll.

Jul 17, 2018, 12:11 AM

Once they start calling for a coup there’s no turning back.

Re: It's time to start considering...

Jul 18, 2018, 9:43 PM [ in reply to It's time to start considering... ]

Whatever you say Joseph Stalin.

Its scary he was head of CIA***

Jul 16, 2018, 1:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Its scary he was head of CIA***

Jul 16, 2018, 1:56 PM

That only means he has more knowledge of the true nature of Russian intentions then you or I...or Trump for that matter.

You have to admit, Trump is burning through a lot of political capital in order to cozy up to Putin. I don't see the advantage to that. The end game has to be more than "we're all friends now".

Unless a Trump Tower in Moscow is the ultimate goal...

For someone this insane to have headed up

Jul 16, 2018, 1:59 PM

our most important agency is scary.

Thankfully he's not there anymore. At least we know how insane he is now

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Its scary he was head of CIA***

Jul 18, 2018, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Its scary he was head of CIA*** ]

For you to imply that Trump would run for President, they when elected betray his country for the sake of a tower or mere riches is insane. For someone who refers to so many as tin foil hat wearers and conspiracy theorists you are quite the hypocrite.

Message was edited by: orangecoloredglasses®

Message was edited by: orangecoloredglasses®

Re: John Brennan: Expert Shark Jumper

Jul 16, 2018, 3:55 PM

Does it matter that Trump might not knowingly be treasonous? Impeachment seems like such a stretch. That said, he is such a train wreck that it would be great if he could be impeached. He is a mess and an absolute disaster.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic