Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Joey Galloway said "but who has Clemson played."
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Joey Galloway said "but who has Clemson played."

Oct 31, 2018, 10:36 AM

During a recent ESecPN "College Football Live" episode, Joey Galloway said "but who has Clemson played" with respect to Alabama being ranked #1 over #2 Clemson. So, I did a little research. Alabama has played 1 current top 25 team (TAMU). The combined record of the teams that Alabama has played is 29-34. Clemson has played 3 current top 25 teams (Syracuse, TAMU, and NC State). The combined records of the teams that Clemson has played is 38-24. As a side note Georgia Southern (who Clemson beat) beat Arkansas St. (who Alabama beat). So, Joey Galloway, who has Alabama played? Do your research Joey, and quit makin' up stuff.

Message was edited by: AeroTiger®

Message was edited by: AeroTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

I’d love to take down his Buckeyes again

Oct 31, 2018, 10:38 AM

but they’re just not playoff material. I guess he’s got to hate on somebody.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joey Galloway said "but who has Clemson played."

Oct 31, 2018, 10:40 AM

Joey didn't do his homework. Here is the opposing teams' played winning %:

Alabama: .446
Clemson: .613
Notre Dame: .508
LSU: .632

Typical E$ecPN talking head.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 31, 2018, 10:51 AM

More importantly than just opponents' winning percentage, Bama has only played two P5 teams with a winning record. We have only played 3, but our GSU win is a quality win as well.

I don't have any problem with Bama being ranked #1 and us #2, but they should try to apply the criteria more objectively. If you're gonna criticize Clemson for SOS then you should equally criticize Bama and ND for their SOS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Joey Galloway said "but who has Clemson played." ]

Facts matter^^^

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Joey Galloway said "but who has Clemson played." ]

Joey didn't do his homework. Here is the opposing teams' played winning %:

Alabama: .446
Clemson: .613
Notre Dame: .508
LSU: .632

Typical E$ecPN talking head.

That's that 0-3-1-0 state education for you.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So why are you stat geniuses not chirping this on Twitter?

Oct 31, 2018, 10:41 AM

Hammer their FB and Twatter with this. It's good stuff. And, I'm getting sick of the SOS narrative that about the other teams, less LSU.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't have Twitter, don't plan to start. However...

Oct 31, 2018, 10:51 AM

you are welcome to post this on Twitter. I looked for a Joey Galloway e-mail address but did not find one. :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't do Twatter or FacePlant either....

Oct 31, 2018, 11:19 AM

Just think of the number of people who have lost their jobs, lost their friends, ruined their careers, made enemies, became a mockery, shunned, embarrassed, destroyed over their posts on social media forums.

What’s a Twitter?

Oct 31, 2018, 11:25 AM [ in reply to I don't have Twitter, don't plan to start. However... ]

I just sent him a fax with these stats. If he doesn’t respond I’ll try the beeper.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Try Western Union....if the lines are down..

Oct 31, 2018, 11:30 AM

...it's my understanding that the horses are running the 15th of every month.

Oct 31, 2018, 10:47 AM

Must give same answer Alabama Homer's give. "We have no control of the schedule. You put them in front of us and we will play and best them"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Danny Ford Said The Same Thing This Week...

Oct 31, 2018, 10:56 AM

I attended a Danny Ford speech here in Savannah and Coach Ford said that while Alabama and Clemson are probably the 2 best teams in the nation "They haven't played anyone"...He went on to say that every year a team has a game where they can't be great. He said Tua is due for a bad game becaue it is hard for any kid to play at the level he's been playing every week....Coach Ford said that the BC game is the one that has him a little worried...he went in to talking about weather and being a night game on the road is a game the Tigers need to look out for...

Coach Ford talked about a lot of things after he got a few beers in him....LOL.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

You can take the man out of coaching but you can't...

Oct 31, 2018, 10:58 AM

take the coaching out of the man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TAMU has a 29-34 record?***

Oct 31, 2018, 11:23 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 11:33 AM

Joey has shown a lot of love for Clemson. All of the ESPN talking heads speak out their #### sometimes too fill airtime. Just my 2 cents.

Oct 31, 2018, 11:46 AM

I agree that Joey is better that most of the E$ecPN announcers with respect to Clemson, but he did drop the ball on comparing Alabama's played schedule vs. Clemson's played schedule. He insinuated that Clemson has played, to date, an easier schedule than Alabama, and that is simply not true.

The strength of schedule argument...

Oct 31, 2018, 11:41 AM

is something they use when its supports their position or agenda.

When the first CFP poll of the year was released yesterday, Clemson had a better SOS rating than Alabama.

Nothing subjective about it. It's just a fact.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 31, 2018, 11:57 AM

I didn't hear this so I don't know the context but he has a point.

LSU and UGA have played each other. Notre Dame and Michigan have played each other. Ohio St. has played Penn St. Florida has played LSU, UGA, and Kentucky. Kentucky played Florida and has UGA coming up. Oklahoma and Texas played each other....

Neither Clemson or Alabama have played a legitimate top 10-15 caliber opponent.

The overall record of our opponents means nothing. Yes we have a few top 25 teams on our resume but let's face it, those were not games where we were showing whether we are a playoff worthy team. It's obvious that we are, but our schedule is not going to help us out.

not only wins over T25 teams- currently we have 3 but also

Oct 31, 2018, 12:07 PM

wins overs .500 + teams which we certainly should have a good # of by season end - more than most. are always important factors to the committee. As are O(reason Bama was placed above us this week) and D efficiency(we are the best) are huge factors not just SOS. Clemson will measure fine against anybody on SOS and will separate itself based on efficiency/eye test etc. just like Bama does.

Oct 31, 2018, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Joey Galloway said "but who has Clemson played." ]

The point is that Joey shouldn't question Clemson's played schedule without questioning Alabama's played schedule when trying to use played schedule as a delineator between Clemson and Alabama.

That sort of conversation comes into play

Oct 31, 2018, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Joey Galloway said "but who has Clemson played." ]

When you are trying to rank teams with losses.

But it's a nonsense line to somehow give credit to UGA for having played (and lost to) LSU, or LSU to have played (and lost to) Florida and Florida to have played (and lost to) UGA, and somehow think that makes them all 3 worthy of CFP talk.

At some point playing a solid (and make no mistake our schedule is quite solid) schedule and winning every game has to logically trump 3 teams who all also won some solid games (and lost to each other).

In other words:
-->What makes UGA a good win for LSU? Because UGA has played a solid schedule and won against Florida.
-->What makes Florida a good win for UGA? Because Florida played a good schedule and won against LSU.
-->What makes LSU a good win for Florida? Because LSU has played a solid schedule and won against UGA.

Pretty soon it becomes apparent that what we're really talking about is a presumed "they're good" eye test level assumption as the season carries on, and it become somehow codified into quite a circular argument.

Don't get me wrong, all 3 may be good teams,maybe great teams, but at the end of the day all 3 lost games, and that should matter in a discussion of who gets the chance to play for the title.

We haven't played UCF's schedule, our schedule is solid, and logic goes out the window when you start to argue for other folks being in ahead of us because the played (and lost to) another presumed great team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That sort of conversation comes into play

Oct 31, 2018, 3:28 PM

You’re right and you don’t know until the end of the year when we’ve seen more OOC matchups which teams are overrated and who the best teams are. But within the current system you have to give credit to teams for playing other top ranked teams.

The system is completely asinine IMO. Strength of schedule, the eye test, all these arguments are meant to be had at the bar or on lunch break with other fans, not to decide who plays for the national championship.

Buuuuuuuut

Oct 31, 2018, 1:06 PM

eye test

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

If he thinks the ACC and TAMU suck, so be it.

Oct 31, 2018, 1:09 PM

No hair off my back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's saying Clemson is on the ROY bus

Oct 31, 2018, 4:17 PM

nm

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic