Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Regarding Joey Batson one question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,152

Regarding Joey Batson one question

Dec 3, 2012, 9:35 AM

Who do you know (that doesn't own their own business) that is not stale working the same job going on 15 years? Especially someone who has already achieved the pinnacle award for their profession like Joey Batson. Joey was named Master Strength and Conditioning Coach by the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches association (CSCCa) over 3 years ago. He has nothing left to strive for professionally. This honor is the highest given in the strength and conditioning coaching profession.

I don't personally know him maybe he is that rare individual exception , however the reality is that most of us big company employees would be on auto pilot going into year 15. Focusing our efforts more on keeping the boss happy, playing the right politics and not rocking the boat.

I don't know if he is a problem or not. In a lot of companies having a good dependable long term employee that knows the company culture and that you can count on for a certain measurable level of performance is a major positive. On the other hand, in the rapidly changing highly competitive environment of today's big money college football, an infusion of new fresh motivated innovative blood is periodically needed to keep the razor's edge sharp.

So is Joey stale or aged to perfection? OK so 2 questions.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How did he win that? They run out of people to give it to?***

Dec 3, 2012, 9:50 AM

Ask his peers they all say he is one top coaches in the

Dec 3, 2012, 9:52 AM

Business

Re: Ask his peers they all say he is one top coaches in the

Dec 3, 2012, 9:59 AM

But you don't see other schools knocking down the door to get him? If you can't see that other teams are stronger than us then you don't want to see it.

S&C is more than just lifting weights alot more

Sour grapes taste good?? Reality hurt??***

Dec 3, 2012, 10:34 AM [ in reply to How did he win that? They run out of people to give it to?*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Regarding Joey Batson one question

Dec 3, 2012, 10:00 AM

I do know him personally, and I am here to tell you that he is NOT stale. He runs a state of the art program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joey Batson is the man!

Dec 3, 2012, 10:03 AM

He's not the reason we lost two ball games.

Re: Joey Batson is the man!

Dec 3, 2012, 10:20 AM

signed...
steve spurrier
jimbo fisher
dana holgerson
any other top 15 team we have faced...

man you are crazy...he MUST go!

Re: Joey Batson is the man!

Dec 3, 2012, 10:38 AM

As a physical therapist who works with high level athletes, I can attest that from the videos of their training I have seen, it is very outdated.These kids come out of high school with very poor ideas of strength/conditioning required, as taught by high-school coaches with no backround in the area. I think the results speak for themselves with under-development of our players. This then translates to NFL prospects who are also no prepared physically

I assume you have never worked with young people

Dec 3, 2012, 10:32 AM

I work with a lot of people that have been on the job for 15+ years and are never stale. I teach. While "the job" may be the same, the kids change every year and you want to do at least as good a job for this year's bunch as the previous year. In fact, if you are good then they expect you to be as good as they've heard. I guess that is why I stress that people develop good habits.

I could go on, but my 15 minutes of lunch (yes, at 10:10 in the morning) is over and I must get back to it.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,152
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic