Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who else thinks Jimbo Fisher is an arrogant little punk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,762

Who else thinks Jimbo Fisher is an arrogant little punk

Sep 6, 2019, 7:34 PM

Thoughts

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The former Mrs. Fisher *

Sep 6, 2019, 7:36 PM

Nm

I don’t know much about the drug culture, but between

Sep 6, 2019, 7:40 PM

his fast talking (like an 8th grade girl), his inability and/or unwillingness to look a reporter in the eye, and his frantic, win at any cost work ethic, it would not surprise me to learn that he had some sort of chemical dependency.

Not an accusation, or even a hunch...just an observation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who else thinks Jimbo Fisher is an arrogant little punk

Sep 6, 2019, 7:47 PM

Well he's won a lot of football games and has had the most success out of any coach in CFB against Dabo (thought usually with FAR more talent) so it's not that surprising. I think the close game last year has gotten to his head though. We have more talent now and barring Mond having another Heisman like game I think we will knock that smug smile down a bit.

Sep 6, 2019, 7:56 PM

When you match the two team step for step and talent to talent, I feel pretty confident we will change his facial expression tomorrow, and it won't resemble anything of concerning happiness!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2019, 8:09 PM

He'll probably be happy he won't have to play Dabo ever again. I honestly think Dabo is a big reason he left FSU. He was scared he was paired up with a younger version of Saban. He traded school for an older version in a different recruiting zone.

Not me.***

Sep 6, 2019, 8:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jimbo is a different kinda guy than Dabo

Sep 6, 2019, 8:22 PM

People can live their lives however they want. That's a good thing. Jimbo lacked loyalty and left a great program for a good one because they guaranteed him $75M over the next 10 years. That's what sales guys call the "Last Deal". It's the last deal because you will never need to sell another thing. Ever. So, he took that deal because, let's face it... that is a tremendous amount of money to be guaranteed.

But, some people aren't really motivated by that last deal. Other things are important to them... like building a legacy and being a part of a community. I think Dabo is that guy. Granted, Dabo's got a tremendous deal here at Clemson. But, I don't think he was angling for that the same way Jimbo was. The financial success for Dabo was a byproduct of doing a great job doing the job he loved... it was never the goal.

At least that's how I see it. Jimbo isn't a bad guy. By all accounts, he's a fine football coach. But, he's motivated by different things.

Re: Jimbo is a different kinda guy than Dabo

Sep 6, 2019, 10:51 PM

I'm late to this thread, but I agree with what you posted, Fluxus. And I just want to say, what many of us fail to appreciate, in spite of everything Dabo continually says to reporters during interviews, and ultimately to all of us on Tnet and every Clemson Tiger fan, and anyone else who might just simply ask if they run into him (yes, I'm an old timer) - “how's it hangin'?”, is that he will invariably reference his life in our Lord, Jesus Christ, and share His love and purpose.

Dabo is in college football to recruit, mentor and grow boys into responsible, caring and educated young men. He would do the same in any profession he pursues. He wants the best of the best – physically, athletically, academically, and especially spiritually – to be a part of His team (!), and I like to think that would be the Clemson Tigers (and it certainly is), but His team stretches across all boundaries and conferences in the USA, and Dabo would be the first to celebrate that fact.

But make no mistake, he's doing a lot more with his earnings than simply padding his ego, providing for his family and their future, or entertaining his team, recruits and personnel. Yes, he's in it to win – that's the game and why you play – but winning is just the icing on the cake, the cake our Lord has given the recipe for, and Dabo is the master chef.

Sep 6, 2019, 8:28 PM

GWP will be here in a moment to agree with that statement haha. He’s alright, said some nice things this week so I will feel bad sending him home with a loss.....well no I won’t but you know.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who?***

Sep 6, 2019, 11:28 PM

Sep 7, 2019, 1:12 AM

First of all , who the #### are you to call him an arrogant little punk ?

Sep 7, 2019, 1:13 AM

Thoughts ?

Who is she?***

Sep 7, 2019, 9:06 AM

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,762
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic