Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jerry Richardson being investigated
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Jerry Richardson being investigated

Dec 15, 2017, 9:25 PM

WTH ?
He's the subject of an internal investigation by the Panthers for workplace violations . ?????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jerry Richardson being investigated

Dec 15, 2017, 9:34 PM

Wonder how far this goes back ? Isn't he dealing with some dementia ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2017, 10:22 PM

If he wasn't, he will be when the questions start coming!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2017, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Jerry Richardson being investigated ]

That's the thing that gets me here. It all smacks of the Salem witch trials. Last year it was the fact that you didn't support me choosing what sex I am before I go take a ####. Now, this year it's about if you ever had sex with a woman that seemed consensual for 10-15 years until this year. This is the world we live in how. Even if you were a dog back in the day but have reformed yourself, you can be subject to paying for stupid decisions made decades earlier. Or you could be accused of inappropriate sexual behavior and it really doesn't matter whether you did it or not. You are fried in the COPO (court of public opinion). All of this bluster about sexual inappropriateness from years ago all of sudden being brought out years later is just like the Salem witch trials. No proof. Just the accusation is enough. It trivializes and makes reasonable men doubt the veracity of real claims of just happened sexual assault. I pray that we return to sanity at some point.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2017, 7:50 AM

So women finally have the power and it scares you? They finally have the courage to stand up for things that have happened in the past to them and you don’t like it? These women should be celebrated for taking a stand. Men should have to look back in their history and wonder if they ever did anything inappropriate that they deemed as normal but the women not in power took it wrong.

Men of power have been treating women wrong for all of history. Times have changed bub. And I for one am glad.

Dec 16, 2017, 9:19 AM

My thoughts exactly. Sorry, i gave you a tu, but it shows 50%. Not sure how that happened.

Dec 16, 2017, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Jerry Richardson being investigated ]

Being able to destroy a man's reputation, career, and livelihood without any sort of due process, though, is potentially equally dangerous.

I agree women have been muted and often targeted without any fear of reprisal by men who thought they had the power.

The problem is, a knee-jerk pendulum swing the other direction isn't necessarily justice either, it just gives the accuser all the power. And in due course that will be - and probably is being already - abused by those seeking financial compensation, revenge, or even those who just want to make themselves feel important.

And a lot of guys are just plain confused, these days. Where is the line? What is acceptable? We're expected to be confident, suave, aggressive...and women, at the end of the day, want to be pursued. And yet if we're aggressive and it's construed as "unwanted"...all of a sudden, we didn't just strike out, we may have actually just stepped in it and done something that might have just destroyed our careers, reputations, and livelihoods. And we thought getting rejected stung.

Obviously there are things that go way over the line. Like, you know - Matt Lauer installing that locking mechanism on his door. That's about as creepy as it gets: "Step into my office, my pretty"...(click). Yeesh, dude. Kinda hard to explain that one away, that's a half-step away from that Pedo room Michael Jackson built at Neverland Ranch. Not gonna go your way, Matt.

But a lot of the stuff seems a lot more gray-area than that. And it's destroying guys who really might not be guilty of much beyond bad judgment. And all of us have been goobers at one point or another.

The only ironclad rule seems to be, nowadays - do not date where you work. Period. It can go horribly wrong, for everybody.

Dec 16, 2017, 1:08 PM

Been a rule for me for a while. Certain places are date-free zones, work included. Too many land mines, low upside for significant downside.

Dec 16, 2017, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Jerry Richardson being investigated ]

And it’s appropriate for women to come out of the blue 20-30 years later and allege someone kissed them & they didn’t want to, someone said something that offended them, they were standing in a packed room and felt something hit their but.. thought it was someone brushing by but saw Trump & his wife standing behind them and 30 years later it must have been that it was him who touched her butt with his wife standing there, the athletes recently that have had their career or lives changed because of false allegations most intentionally. I am a woman and very proud of that fact. If I ever felt a man had mistreated me it sure as hell would have been handled them. Because of all of this politically correct, pu$sy hat wearing, entitled women college age young men, especially athletes, are in danger any time they go on a date from buyers remorse. Women won the fight for equality and it’s time for them to fight for responsibly. This isn’t going to end well, corporations will be more reluctant to hire women in higher levels because all it takes is the allegation, never proof and when it has been proven to be a lie nothing happens to the liar. The person they lied about could have already lost their career and can’t get it back. The lying woman goes in about life and most likely keeps doing it because their is money involved. This hurts women who are raped and mistreated today.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Exactly, because women never lie.

Dec 16, 2017, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Jerry Richardson being investigated ]

Oh yeah, the Duke Lacrosse team called....

I'll just leave this right here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8135653

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's Not About the Truth by Mike Pressler...

Dec 16, 2017, 2:09 PM

A great look at Mike's stance, the university's failings - how Duke kowtowed to the fears.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2017, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Jerry Richardson being investigated ]

One of the best post I have read. You are right on target. Most of us all have something we would like to keep to ourselves. We are not perfect human beings and we make mistakes. But they should not haunt you for the rest of your life.

Great Post mabman2004!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2017, 10:23 PM

For the sake of all that is decent and not stomach turning , I hope they're not sexual misconduct allegations.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Well, one thing is certain.

Dec 15, 2017, 10:31 PM

No Clemson grads will have made any allegations against him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, one thing is certain.

Dec 15, 2017, 10:33 PM

> No Clemson grads will have made any allegations
> against him.

I thought he fired his sons.

Re: Well, one thing is certain.

Dec 15, 2017, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Well, one thing is certain. ]

I am not a Panther fan because his organization has always had something against Clemson............Go Tigers!!!!!!

I could be wrong, but I see it as this.......

Dec 16, 2017, 8:29 AM

There were a lot of men who abused their power in the past because they could gt away with it. Those powerful men also had a lot of options due to their power. There were also a bunch of chicks that liked to use heir sexuality to get what they wanted. There were good women with morals who sometimes get harassed due to that past culture. Now it is all coming to an end because some women are filing lawsuits and everyone who has ever been remotely harassed are filing their lawsuits. Maybe I am way off but that's how I see it.

Dec 16, 2017, 10:36 AM

Another case of our justice system being manipulated by acquisitions instead of facts.If these women had ANY kind of injustice against them, the perpetrator should feel the full wrath of the justice system. But to be able to claim something happened 10 or 15 years ago with little or no proof should be a crime. When the injustice happened it should have been reported immediately so there is a chance of physical evidence or at least a witness that would be credible.
Much of this seems to be a money grab because there are no criminal charges it is all civil cases.
I have two daughters and if someone actually did something like this to one of them not only would I support them pressing charges but would take action myself against the perp.
But too many cases of this happened so many years ago and then the kooks come out of the wood work.

Dec 16, 2017, 10:52 AM

That’s so easy to say from outside looking in. I’ve had friends and a family member who has been raped or sexually harassed. It’s not as easy as just coming forward.

From what they have explained is they feel worthless. Like how could another human do this to them.

It’s not as easy as just coming forward especially if the man is in a position of power aka Jerry Richardson.

Yea all these women seem to be coming forward at the same time and that’s because they are giving each other strength and courage to come forward.

For many of these women it’s not easy so just trust them.

Dec 16, 2017, 12:50 PM

Is It fair for victims or so called victims to wait 20 or 30 years before making public the accusations and naming names??? Are these accusations motivated by money or power or both??? Or are they political moves???

It’s hard if a true crime has been committed and the victim is feeling worthless and afraid does not report the crime. There has to be someone to either support the victim or they telling to let it go which is the wrong thing to tell the victim.

Waiting 20 to 30 years or if the victim can longer file the action since the crime statute has run out IMO is wrong too. This may open the victim up for slander or libel or ruin a changed person’s life.

Now days crimes like this when a person is accused they a presumed quilty until proven innocent if they are indeed innocent, their reputation has been damaged.

I find it interesting that many of that many of these accusers have become public with their accusations since President Trump was elected! Maybe this is another liberal political agenda???

It seems like for many once they go public with their accusations they seem to crave media attention and the public spotlight. And I wonder if this is in many cases a liberal political agenda. The timing of the accusations and elections are really close as far as the timeframe goes.

I would almost guarantee that everyone has some skeleton or skeletons in their closet that they want to kept there.

If these victims are truly and sincerely seeking just, how do you bring justice to all those women harassed by JFK, RFK and their father. They actually use to share women and their phone numbers. What about MLK and his mistresses??? Then there is LBJ who actually hit on a reporter while she was at his Texas Ranch for a political event trying to get her to have sex with him. Now are we going to hold Bill Clinton accountable for his sexual harassment and sexual activities???.

Who’s next? It might be you. If so would you want us to believe you innocent until proven guilty or just take the word of your accuser. Think of the legal cost, it’s like a mad house out of control. Who is the next big target??? Is it political??? Is it racist??? Or is it just to ruin someone’s life???. Is it a political maneuver???

If you are accused of this stuff after 20 plus years don’t you think it’s a little difficult to obtain evidence??? Or will it be she said verses he said??? Is there a statute of limitations of these crimes ??? If there is the accuser better have a lot of evidence, legit witnesses or someone should be suing for slander or libel.

I don’t know what the answers are but it is sure making our country look really bad! If you are sincerely a victim of this type crime my prayers are for you and I pray justice prevails.

Dec 16, 2017, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Jerry Richardson being investigated ]

Why wait 15-30 years or until these men are prominent or have media exposer because of sports in general. The crazy antics of the left has created a dangerous platform that will backfire on all women. You may think this is a step forward but I don’t think it will end up so. I was sexually molested and I didn’t do anything immediately, but I also did wait 15/30 years and do it to gain notoriety or money

Message was edited by: jeancooper®

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

I’m sure some real injustices have happened to

Dec 16, 2017, 11:19 AM

women and men in these cases. But I’m sure there are cases of “piling on” by some people as well. They see an opportunity to seek some gain from something they had no problem with years ago. Heck, they may have even enjoyed the attention at the time. And the media loves to sensationalize every story. I do think some sense has to be injected somehow before we get back to a situation where you can only be safe if you surround yourself with all coworkers of the same sex as yourself.

I have had a business dealing with him, and he is arrogant

Dec 16, 2017, 1:14 PM

pos...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The north Carolina panthers will be ok.***

Dec 16, 2017, 2:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic