Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jeremiah Trotter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 6,182

Jeremiah Trotter

Feb 19, 2020, 1:44 PM

Committed as a 3/low 4 star and has gotten rave reviews all ear, 247 did their re ranking and say hello to your new rating as a future 5 star Mr Trotter (top 32 players become 5 stars on 247 Trotter is 25)

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Other noticeable changes, former target Treyveon Henderson skyrocketed to 5 star status, Payton Page absolutely bottomed out and fell to 84th from top 10 former target Agiye Hall fell about 90 spots and current targets Troy Stellato and Mario Williams got big buffs in their rankings Stellato up about 300 spots from his original rankings.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jeremiah Trotter

Feb 19, 2020, 1:49 PM

What is the reason for Page falling so far?

Some seem to think he is close to committing to Clemson.

Feb 19, 2020, 2:00 PM

No clue, kind of stunning to me honestly.

Feb 19, 2020, 2:19 PM

Common theme I've heard is his length but I think he more than makes up for that with power.

Feb 19, 2020, 10:30 PM

SethSlyy said:

Common theme I've heard is his length but I think he more than makes up for that with power.

If the experts are now saying that, seems to me, then, that they are just looking for an excuse. They were able to observe his length from the very beginning.

Thanks for the insight, SethSly. I hope he will be a Tiger!

Feb 19, 2020, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeremiah Trotter ]

"We feel like he is a more limited defensive interior player than some of the others above him. He's pretty strictly a bulrush type. He's good at that but we felt junior tape favored some others over him. We also saw him at Future 50 and factored that into our eval. "

Per Steve Wiltfong

Feb 19, 2020, 2:38 PM

Ironically it nearly says what I did but in a different way, personally I think power like he has is more important than length when you have our DL players around him making him an amazing fit for us. Chalk it up as a MASSIVE win if we land him.

I remember Pagano in the gaol line against Louisville two

Feb 21, 2020, 6:01 AM

plays in a row where he absolutely blew up the olinemen. We stopped them cold.

Feb 19, 2020, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeremiah Trotter ]

Sounds kinda like Pagano...who proved that its never a bad thing to have a DL who can knock a center on his @$$ in short yardage situations.

Feb 19, 2020, 8:52 PM

I think we're pretty set for having a DL who won't get pushed back as is and Page would make us completely stagnant and a higher chance we create negative yardage than the opponent with short yard gains! I can't wait for this monster DL!

Feb 20, 2020, 4:58 AM

I’ve seen Payton as another big Dex type who will push the LOS. I think a great fit. I can see some 5 man fronts in situations for the next 2-3 years with the depth we should have. CBV has to be rubbing his hands in glee and laughing maniacally in his lab/office.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry pard, I should have read your post first!***

Feb 21, 2020, 6:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Jeremiah Trotter ]

Feb 19, 2020, 1:54 PM

On top of it as always. What's up with tony grimes?? I thought he was almost a lock for the good guys not too long ago??? And what are some names, in your opinion, u are most confident clemson ends up with?? Tia, GO TIGERS!!

Feb 19, 2020, 1:59 PM

Grimes has never been close to a lock for us. In fact he's been much more a "near lock" for A&M compared to us and when he visited us from what I can see was NC State in 2018. We're in a good spot and if we get him back on campus that's more than a good chance in my book we can lock him down but as of right now we are not in the drivers seat here.

Feb 19, 2020, 2:01 PM

AT LEAST that's what I've been under the impression of due to what I've heard.

Feb 19, 2020, 2:24 PM

So who would u consider our biggest want/biggest need that hasn't committed in the 21' class?? I'm over the moon with the commitments we've gotten so far!!

Feb 19, 2020, 2:35 PM

I can only pick one?? Oh man....

James Williams has FREAK tattooed across his forehead basically and I think he's a player that whether you need him or not you can use him but our chances are minimal as he's all but signed the title for his new car with UGA. Emeka Egbuka would currently be my answer, it's an obvious answer for the slot position and it's a true blooded threat from day 1 as a freshmen. Also Brockermeyer is someone I'd be over the moon about landing but it seems his brother may hold back his thoughts on Clemson unfortunately and we have other OT options that could soften the blow. Grimes, Mckinstry, Green or Collier are plug and play level players and depending on Kendrick/Booth's development the need for top tier CB's immediately could increase and judging by the offers we've put out recently I would have to say our coaches want CB's bad this cycle. Page I think is a Tiger and I can't wait to have him but I think 2020 recruiting softens missing him a lot more than missing on Egbuka but landing any of these guys is going to be huge.

tatooing your forehead doesnt seem like a good idea***

Feb 20, 2020, 6:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2020, 2:35 PM

Have you seen anything new on Rucci? That would be a huge get if Dabo and co. could pull that off.

Feb 8, 2022, 1:12 PM

Rucci loved Clemson and is starting to open up about leaving and making his own path but the Penn State connection here may be just flat out too strong with dad in his ear and it being home town school right down the road.

Feb 20, 2020, 6:30 AM

Page is 25 or so on there and not 84.

Feb 20, 2020, 6:30 AM

Page is 25 or so on there and not 84.

He's talking about 247's own Ranking not the Composite

Feb 20, 2020, 9:24 AM

Click on blue 247 button at top if needed(hopefully this link will work right )

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

There Are Financial Reasons

Feb 20, 2020, 9:28 AM

as to why these recruiting services constantly move individuals in these rankings.

Re: There Are Financial Reasons

Feb 20, 2020, 7:38 PM

Did Dabo pay 247 to move Trotter up?

Re: There Are Financial Reasons

Feb 21, 2020, 7:51 AM

No. That was Newspring.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 6,182
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic