Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jennings and Booker
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Jennings and Booker

Nov 28, 2012, 1:19 PM

It is embarrassing that our only 2 seniors have been suspended for violation of team rules within a months time. In my opinion, they are average if that. Jennings was way over rated and Booker just seems lazy. I question their effort a lot of the time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jennings and Booker

Nov 28, 2012, 1:32 PM

Yep. That recruiting class was suppose to be the best basketball class in Clemson history. It turned out to be one of the worst in the past 8 years. I think it's time to drop Jennings and let Sullivan and Knoko get quality playing time for next year.

Soon it will be all Coach Brownell's team...

Nov 28, 2012, 1:33 PM

This program is on the rise...as long as we support and can keep him.

Re: Soon it will be all Coach Brownell's team...

Nov 28, 2012, 1:40 PM

Yep. I've been trying hard to be supportive of both guys thinking that eventually they'd come around and step up to lead the team ... maybe only for one year as seniors, but better late than never.

Not happening!

In retrospect, it has been pretty obvious that neither Booker nor Jennings have been great fits with Brownell's plans.

Booker was dissatisfed and on the verge of transferring out when OP left and Jennings pouts when benched for poor performance.

Now instead of providing crucial senior leadership for a bunch of underclassmen, he and Jennings have both been suspended as seniors.

Still time for them to turn it around and go out winners? Maybe, but you have to sort of doubt it at this point.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jennings to transfer to Colorado***

Nov 28, 2012, 1:34 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Nov 28, 2012, 1:36 PM

Very sad news. Milt was overrated for sure, but he was playing hard this year and is a very critical piece to our success. I will take Milt over Booker all day long. Booker has not developed at all in my opininon. I don't think he has the drive to be better. In four years he has basically developed no inside post moves. I am sick of seeing him shoot that weak jumper. Unfortunately, we don't have much experience in the post so Booker will play regardless and if Milt is suspended it will hurt our chances for a decent year.

Booker seems to not care if he gets better***

Nov 28, 2012, 1:41 PM

Both of them have been extremely disappointing…..

Nov 28, 2012, 1:36 PM

Jennings is either slack or was just overrated coming out of high school. Devin Booker is just as talented as his older brother, but he lacks the heart his older brother has and is slack.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which is why I am still trying to figure out

Nov 28, 2012, 2:21 PM

why SO many people have put their trust in these two. They are pretty much what they are, even the day they stepped on campus.

Both are Purnell leftovers let us remember - MJ is sort of a slightly upgraded D Potter, DBook is a faintly but very low grade and right-handed version of his older brother.

75% of my BB posts are frustration of their lack of value

Nov 28, 2012, 2:58 PM

to the team. Tigers could be significantly better if these 2 weren't so selfish & uncoachable. IMO, they aren't 'all in' because they want to play guard instead of being in the post. Our younger guys should fix this in the next few years.

Wish we had BoBo one more year...

Nov 28, 2012, 3:05 PM

...given his willingess to work and improvement in just one year, imagine where he might get this year?

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BoBo one more year...Preach it, Rev!!!!

Nov 28, 2012, 3:12 PM

What was Purnell thinking???? One(1) redshirt year, and who knows!!!!

He improved so much. His skills were so much better. Wish everyone had the heart he has.

Go get 'em, Bobo!!!!! Play hard, play well!!!!!

Red Shirts in Hoops?

Nov 28, 2012, 3:55 PM

Who was the last freshman we red-shirted in hoops?

I honestly cannot remember.

We have had several guys who might have had killer 5th year senior seasons if they HAD benefitted from a red shirt freshman year.

In addition to BoBo ... Jerai Grant, Raymond Sykes and Akin Akinbala are three that come to mind.

Others??

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2012, 4:00 PM

I was hoping to see these two guys have a big season. However, it is the same old stuff. No Senior leadership.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic