Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jeff Scott
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Jeff Scott

Jun 17, 2020, 3:23 PM

I live in Tampa and the mood here is that Jeff Scott was a great hire for USF. Personally, I do not feel that WM will survive at SCAR past two years. Even SCAR is not content with a .500 record. Jeff Scott may do quite well at USF. Does anyone here feel that, in 2-3 years, SCAR would come after Jeff, the son of the man they despise so very much?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jeff Scott

Jun 17, 2020, 3:25 PM

Jeff is a bright you coach. I dont think he'd go there on a bet

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2020, 3:29 PM

If successful (hopefully), I can see Jeff at AUB, Va Tech, FSU, etc. Not SC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2020, 3:41 PM

I see VT being a very, very real possibility... worse, he could go to Miami. I don't see Diaz or Justin being at either school much longer.

Fuente is in a wierd spot..

Jun 17, 2020, 4:16 PM

not sure what's going on with their program. He has hit mediocrity hard and this year is big for them. As it stands, his recruiting is set up for another 3 star extravaganza and they will be very, very average from a talent standpoint t by 2021-2022

Re: Fuente is in a wierd spot..

Jun 18, 2020, 3:48 PM

I see him as being out after this season. I think a few folks gave him a bit of a pass because VT was unwilling to fire Bud Foster. Still the recruiting is an issue and will only get worse if UT gets their act together.

I think Bud was a big reason for their twilight Beamer-era struggles. He never adapted well to spread offenses and while there were other issues on D (youth, injury, etc) I point back to the 2011 Clemson games where Morris/Tajh started the trend. Still, Bud was a decent coach but with a very bad liability - he is the opposite of BV thus Foster is all the break-don't-bend problem (VT's D stats always look better than their play). As to VT's offense's struggles, well that is a mystery but I kinda lay that down to a team playing with little faith in its defense. Become easy to anticipate.

The other item: Franklin at PedState. I was watching some game of Ped State two/three years ago, and a LOT of their kids were from the NoVa area. Kinda shocked. It was like, wow, that is where VT's talent went. Heck we are poaching some of Virginia/Potomac's best talent.

The other "rumor" is that Beamer-era VT might have been "leaning" on some grey-area academic issues. They had to kinda clean that up because while the NCAA will ignore UNC, it would take Bleaksburg to the shed. - Sorry, most of my non-immediate family are Hokies.

Re: Jeff Scott- meant young***

Jun 17, 2020, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2020, 3:26 PM

Tampa, particularly South Tampa >>>>>>> Cootlumbia

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The question is - would Jeff Scott be stupid enough and/or..

desperate enough to want to coach there???

I hate we lost Jeff. He'll probably end up at FSU before it's

all said and done.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2020, 3:27 PM

Jeff is smart and knows that job is a coaching graveyard. He'd never take it.

Heck, wasn't it said that he talked Tom Herman out of considering the coot HC job?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2020, 6:07 PM

Maybe Jeff was playing 3-dimensional chess and advised Herman against it so that he could have that plum job for himself in a couple years? He couldn't really think Head Coach at an SEC! SCHOOL (SEC, SEC, SEC) would be a dead-end job, could he???

If FSU stays a dumpster fire, they are the real threat to get him. Won't be fun going up against him then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 17, 2020, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott ]

No, The Citadel whipping that coot, is what talked him out of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2020, 3:29 PM

Why would they despise Brad Scott ? They couldn't ever win a bowl game until he got there .

He should be a hero to those insufferable bastads.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 18, 2020, 7:18 AM

please....inglorious buzzards.

One more try... insufferable, inglorious bastiches.***

Jun 18, 2020, 8:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2020, 3:30 PM

Yeah with his record at Clemson.. if he can get USF into 10 win territory, he will get a shot at some good jobs.

Not a chance

Jun 17, 2020, 3:30 PM

They are too arrogant and would never pursue a head coach without SEC experience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Not a chance

Jun 17, 2020, 3:40 PM

He is way more intelligent than to even think of that scenario.

Jun 17, 2020, 3:38 PM

Wasn't it rumored that he urged Tom Herman to reconsider his interest in the coots?

I wouldn't expect he to even sniff at it after the way they treated his dad.

Jun 17, 2020, 3:40 PM

I am pretty sure that Jeff strongly advised Herman not to take the job when he was offered. I think Herman was the first choice and ultimately the job went to muschump.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2020, 5:52 PM

Second choice was Smart who was almost signed on, and then Georgia fired Richt and Smart pulled out.

Third choice was Dantonio, rumor has it that he hung up the phone as soon as they called. But he is an alumni and now currently a free agent. A very real possibility to succeed Muschamp.

Fourth choice was Muschamp.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhhhh NO !!!

Jun 17, 2020, 3:46 PM

There is a reason Jeff Scott encouraged Tom Herman not to accept the job at uof6c. He knows what a perennial doormat and cesspool of a program it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jun 17, 2020, 3:59 PM

Within 5 years (assuming life returns to predictability 'after' covid-19), the strongest G5 team will be getting invited into the CFP.

Jeff could make USF be that team.

Now I don't think he could WIN a CFP for USF, but I'd think that would be his gauge for moving up: "am I more likely to build a program at _______ that can win a natty, or at USF?"

If the name in the blank is "South Carolina ", he stays at USF.

Even if he was their first choice, he’d never go there.

Jun 17, 2020, 4:14 PM

In fact, before uofsuc hired muscoot, they wanted to interview Tom Herman. Jeff told him how awful the sc job was there and Herman refused to interview with them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they tried, I think he would tell them to take a hike.

Jun 17, 2020, 5:50 PM

He remembers all too well how his Dad was treated at the end of his time at Cooterville. Sometimes it's about a whole lot more than money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2020, 6:00 PM

No.

Jun 17, 2020, 6:03 PM

That bridge was burned a long time ago. Besides, coot U is an end of career job for some coach that's beyond his prime, not an early career job.

Jun 17, 2020, 6:32 PM

They might come after him but I don’t believe he will go. If he is successful at USF he will have many better opportunities than the coots.

He's too good of a person to pull a Feaster***

Jun 17, 2020, 9:05 PM

Jun 17, 2020, 9:38 PM

They may want him but with his Clemson pedigree, if he does well at USF for the next few years, he will be able to land a much more high profile job than SC. SC is where past their prime coaches, who have never been able to replicate their past success, go to get that last big payday before they ride off into the sunset. I could see Scott end up somewhere like FSU, Florida or even Georgia if he plays his cards right. Not sure if he would coach against Dabo in the ACC, but Dabo won't be here forever.

Jun 21, 2020, 9:30 PM

Shut you mowf.

Jun 17, 2020, 9:55 PM

They will not come after him. Not in a million years. And I don't think he would take it in a million years.

His IQ is too high to coach at USuC***

Jun 18, 2020, 6:21 AM

Of course not. Clemson will never hire

Jun 18, 2020, 6:25 AM

A coot grad to coach us either

Jun 18, 2020, 7:15 AM

At this point, SC is probably a downgrade from USF. The only one that would be a challenge to Clemson was if he went to FSU one day. We're talking years down the road here. It happens. Kirby, Bimbo, Mullen are all Saban disciples and are in the same conference. Scott was loved by all and we hated to see him go, but also happy for him. We're good fam.

Jun 18, 2020, 9:45 AM

I would love for Jeff Scott to take over at UofSC and see the vile that comes his way from TNET. Y'all would turn on him faster than a fat kid spinning in a tea cup ride.

I could see him taking that job too...there is no reason he or the right coach can't be successful at UofSC. Take off your orange glasses, he has ties to recruit FL, and GA is next store. No reason he couldn't be successful and build a program that competes for Championships, if the University is willing support him, and if he is as good as a HC as people think he is capable of being.

Be careful what you wish for...

Jun 18, 2020, 10:11 AM

Coots get a decent coach and they might not need OT to embarrass you on your home field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2020, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott ]

You skipped the part where several people pointed out he's too bright to go to Cola, didn't you Uga?

Jun 21, 2020, 9:35 PM

Hes from uga. They dont understand things like reading, writing and 'rithmetic. Theyre worse at knowing what a good head coach is

Jun 18, 2020, 9:47 AM

If UofSC is smart, they'll hire Healy from UNC Charlotte.

Jun 21, 2020, 8:59 PM

Great recruiter - as we will see!

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic